Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you DON'T want in the game

We always talk about things we wish to see in the game, or features that could be expanded. But is there anything you don't want to see more of, or at all?

For me, it's more food options. We already have so many and they all serve the same purpose. On my old PC, the game even used to freeze for a few seconds whenever I clicked on a fridge because there was so much to load. So unless we get food likes and dislikes at some point in the future, or something else that requires having many food options, I can go without them.

Comments

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Even more boring regular family life stuff. That has been every expansion so far. Gimme the more adventurous stuff!
    Fantasy, science fiction, world adventures, martial arts, cars, secret labs, crime, extreme sports, etc. Just anything interesting.

Heck, in most expansions we only see one actual feature mentioned in the description, with the rest just being lame stuff like wearing a new style of clothing or stuff like that. It's not a selling point, it offers no new gameplay.
  • Options
    HellCatStyleHellCatStyle Posts: 1 New Member
    Since For Rent came out, I'm really wishing there was a way to lock the doors specifically for tenants. I do see lock for neighbors, but I'm thinking that was already there and related to apartments.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    What I don't want is another teen focused pack, like a mall.
    I also don't want zombies. The other occults, yes please, but not zombies.
    I also have no need for more food options. I wish the recent food menu update had gone further with a search bar and filters for packs, cuisine (American, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, ...)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what i do not went in the games are any new type of occults unless they incvlude toggles ingame to turn them off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I don't want packs that are "worth it". I don't want packs that have large worlds and lots of random stuff. The game is getting too large. We have very limited space left for consoles and older computers to still be able to play the game. I want what we are missing most, and I don't want it bundled with filler that clogs up my game.

I am the rare person that would like to buy DLC for DLC. I am willing to pay for extra gameplay and rabbit holes added to worlds that I already own. I would like all bars to have special themed foods. I would like to shop at the shell buildings. And swim and fish in the waters. I would like spa stuff added to my gyms and restaurants added to some of my worlds.

I am getting lag when I click on "cook". I don't want more random food added to "cook", but I do want more food in my game. I want a toaster.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    what i do not went in the games are any new type of occults unless they incvlude toggles ingame to turn them off

I won’t try to dictate the kinds of packs that should be excluded based solely on what I want. The game isn’t just about me. I like fantasy play. I want to see more fantasy pack options for the game. It’s fine if others don’t like it. That’s the awesome thing about this game. It’s completely customizable to our own styles of play. Major occults are already isolated into their own packs, giving players the option of having them, or not. There are also in game toggles for most occult interactions, which, when applied, means you’ll rarely see them. Why deny simmers who play a different style of game something they enjoy? I’m not a family player. I don’t want preteens, but there are those who do. When/if they release a preteen pack, I just won’t buy it. That’s how I avoid having content I don’t want. Folks who don’t like occults should try that.

Having said that, in a general sense, I don’t think we need any more “on trend” youth clothing. We have enough crop tops and ankle pants in game, as it is. They only work for the teen and young adult life stages, and some of the “fashion forward” clothing from earlier packs are already starting to look dated. Give us some more classic styles that work for a variety of ages and body types, that won’t look ridiculous in 2 years.

• Options
    A lot of fashion in Sims 4 already looked ridiculous on release. the "men's fashion" being the worst offender. And well, most clothing for men in this game to be honest.

Generally I really would prefer the sims to take a more timeless approach to everything, especially since we are dealing with generational gameplay here. We have sims here wearing the same high fashion stuff as their great great grandparents, using the same phone as well.
    To me it's just more jarring when they jump on every silly trend that most people never cared for to begin with.

Sims 3 already had a stronger lean towards this stuff, Sims 1 and 2 felt generally a bit more timeless with more limited quickly dated items in there.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I don't need any more fade hairstyles for male sims.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually like having the different foods and it adds to my game. I'd get pretty bored if my sims were eating the same sandwiches all the time but there's also the ability to do that for those who want to in the game. Just make quick meals. They could add the ability to list selected favorite foods for those wanting that. I appreciate everything that's been added though the fascination with grilling often when switching between rotating houses could be toned down. The foods are useful when playing diverse households especially but also for other sims.

I'm not an occult player so while I know a bunch of players are into that, I'm not. I probably would not be interested in a zombie pack but others would be so I'm not going to tell them not to make that. If it were to skew all occult, I'd lose interest.

I'm going to stick with the answer that just because I don't want something, that doesn't mean they should leave it out if other players want it. I don't need disabilities or major illnesses, for example, but some players probably request that for representation and I'm not going to say they shouldn't. Also, I don't intentionally murder sims. I know some players love doing that but I don't so I don't need anything related to it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    -Zombies
    -Repoman
    -Social bunny
    -Imaginary friends
    -Real life illnesses
    -Party lifestyle stuff
    -More adult clothing for the sake of more clothing. Clothes that fit a unique style, sure (fantasy, historical but there's enough regular stuff.
    -Constant reliance upon modern tech (some of us like playing other themes now and then, as above)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I think by now we're set on selling tables. So many packs have them, plus the retail system in Get to Work.
  • Options
    Certainly more than enough business stuff yes that lets our sims sell stuff.

• Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Situational outfits
    Immortal premades
    Cars...
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Having said that, in a general sense, I don’t think we need any more “on trend” youth clothing. We have enough crop tops and ankle pants in game, as it is. They only work for the teen and young adult life stages, and some of the “fashion forward” clothing from earlier packs are already starting to look dated. Give us some more classic styles that work for a variety of ages and body types, that won’t look ridiculous in 2 years.
    I have wondered about those pants that stop right above the ankles, but figured they were made like this to avoid ugly collision with some shoes, because I've never actually seen anyone wear pants like that in real life. But given how little I care about fashion trends, and how rarely I look at other people's pants in particular, I may just not have noticed. Anyway, I don't need any more of those pants either. But what I find even more annoying is women's tops that look great from the front, until you turn the sim around and discover some nasty surprise like a back neckline going all the way down to the butt. What's up with that?
    I probably would not be interested in a zombie pack but others would be so I'm not going to tell them not to make that. If it were to skew all occult, I'd lose interest.

I'm going to stick with the answer that just because I don't want something, that doesn't mean they should leave it out if other players want it. [...]
    I should probably clarify that I did not make this thread to encourage anyone to tell the developers what not to make, or as an attempt to deny other players the content they like. It's only meant to get people talking about their personal preferences and what they don't want or need in the game, in contrast to the many times we discuss things we want. You said you're not interested in zombies or occults in general, and that's fine. No apologies or justifications necessary.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2023
    I don't want RL brands, franchises, characters, celebrities, and so forth in my game. I'm fine with unobtrusive parodies and subtle nods (e.g. "Game of Llamas" on TV Season Premiere Day), but I've paid way too much for this game and its add-ons to have my immersion interrupted by ads.
    Post edited by Flikka_Flikka on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I think by now we're set on selling tables. So many packs have them, plus the retail system in Get to Work.

I really wish they made the City Living tarpaulin functional so we could sell furniture too without starting a business.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Don't need any more life stages
    Don't need any more chores
    Don't need any more "Quiet Suburban Neighborhoods"
    Don't need any more packs based on some mundane definition of "Normal Life"
    Don't need any more US based worlds

Do need more stuff for kids and elders to do
    Do need more active hobbies/activities for our sims that aren't a side hustle
    Do need more worlds where exploring is more than just having your sim wander around a large map, no matter how beautiful.
    Do need more worlds with adventure of some kind in mind
    Do need more worlds based on ... well, pretty much anywhere that isn't the US. Cool landscape and/or unvisited parts of the world prioritized.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Forgot to mention: lore
    I really dont care for the lore cause I like making my own.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited December 2023
    I don't want to see:

•limited time/exclusive nonsense

if you make something for the game it should be available to buy for everyone at everytime. even if you have promotion where it is free for x time it should ultimately be possible to buy if you missed the promotion.

same goes for events, should be possible to play through whenever the heck you want what is the point of adding gameplay that can't even be used outside of like some specific weekend?

•new food
    unless its plasma food or food that can be made in cauldron or some occult thing since those I do use

I get it food is good but its just starting to seem like new food is excuse for no new gameplay, also most of my sims are occult or eat garden salad so, yeah. feels weird to have my game lagging over these big menus

• suburban lawn worlds
    I think we have quite enough of those.
    • rabbitholes
    definitely enough of those
    if its to buy thing make it stall we can put anywhere
    if its just random cave let the sims at least use it as tent
    but if its just text adventure, why?
    • autonomous activity (especially phone use)

there is reason i play autonomy off and even with autonomy off my sims will still whip out that phone while in their freaking medieval castles, start making clay things in the freaking ballrooms and maybe throw in some pushups at throne room, why? I wish I had stocks to send them to...

•randomized townies existing
    there is plenty sims for every role in the game by now

sims that actually have personality and dress the part

and then game just keeps spawning more and more nobodies to bloat my save and it drives me crazy like at least let me turn it off i'm so tired of the constant deleting

•decorative tea sets i can't use
    •beaches I can't swim at
    •things, in general, that seem useable but cannot be used
    •crop tops and mini shorts
    •ikea furniture
    •social media influencer tiktok celebrity dystopia content
    Call me Agnes Crumplebottom but please no

oh also
    •Bugs
    and
    • Insects
    both make my skin crawl
    thanks for free therapy I'll go hibernate now
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Iceman_Iceman_ Posts: 21 Member
    More "modern" (aesthetic?) clothes that I will never use in any Sim. I wish they would add much more generic (boring if you will) clothing, basically what we had in previous games.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Death notification phone calls. Please let us turn them off.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    This is purely personal but I don't particularly want to see any more US based worlds... the amount currently in the game makes me long even more for the days of The Sims 2 when you could customise your worlds to better fit your own stories. I don't even mind that there's no open worlds, I just want a bit more variety.

I don't want to see any more of the high fashion clothing that only suits teen/young adult sims. There's plenty of that already in the CAS library if you want it but we seem to be lacking a more traditional style of clothing that might suit a 50 year old just pottering around at home. Most of my sims of that age group end up wearing CC clothing.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Teleportation.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chores
    Life stages (no preteens, no "mid adult", young elder, etc)