Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: HOTELS Expansion Pack (NEW IDEAS + WISHLIST!)

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited November 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What objects or features would you like to see in a hotels expansion pack? Add yours below!
  • Pool bar
3osju8k5lgh61.png
20130530-islandparadise-poolbar.jpg?itok=3IsVBxW3
  • Big aquarium tanks (Walk-through aquariums)
tunnel-aquarium.png
Important: Sims should be able to stock fish from the inventory, similar to smaller aquariums.
  • Functional elevators
7811a4475ed3fd7258739aa1199f09e6b7c53366.png
105cc6cf7f955600d6c00823697d58979977d1c1.gifv
  • Beach volleyball
28235464_1642478872454073_5934035868392856565_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9b3078&_nc_ohc=pgGjnjqbnO0AX8QcIXk&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=00_AfCCSAxS-irEUj1e0ulo35EBwbz2ZUzfJU2Yw1dCI_uVtg&oe=65819FEC
  • Water slide
d229173a0cfc2f7bc0d00336cce0ac53.jpg
  • Curved pools
hqdefault.jpg
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    All of this!! Also gift shops for sims to take souvenirs back with them from their trips, like how TS2 Bon Voyage did.
    Would also love a world inspired by Lisbon, Portugal with their beautiful architecture and color schemes, I think that could maybe go well with this pack. And also new boats to ride/use. Like 2-sim paddle boats and canoes or maybe paddle boarding. The game really needs new ocean activities!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    edited December 2023
    Restaurants, Room Service, Relaxing on beach with or without the canopy bed, surfing, Several Honeymoon suites, option to watch the sunrise and sunset. Go on a little cruise to a little deserted island where there's a place to sleep away from people and explore. Go on tours like in Sims 2.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited December 2023
    Hammock

*insert its been 84 years meme*
    there were rumors of hammocks during IL release but they never materialized in the game

most of all though I just wish i could have restaurant and spa on same lot with hotels
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2023
    I think a lot of people want hotels. I'd actually want hotels to be flexible for a lot of different types of locations - as in, I'd want to be able to have different types of hotels. Sure, I'd want beach hotels (already have one) but I'd want the ability to make hotels in cities, the snowy areas and different worlds. I'd want the ability to have townie guests or other guests from my rotation populating the other rooms. They do that with restaurants so I think it wouldn't be hard.

I'd want to be able to have multiple functioning spaces within a lot such as a built-in restaurant (that can require Dine Out), hotel bars/lounges, a functioning lobby and recreational spas like pools, gyms and spas on-site. Not every hotel would have all of that but the options should be there.

Have the ability to order room service, nice pools and cabanas. Have beautiful hotel lobbies. Have the ability to host events in the hotel because that is common as well. Pay per night like vacation lots but stay with multiple other guests where there is room service/restaurant dining and where there are these other amenities. Be able to make anything from a cheap hostel or motel to a fancy luxury resort or a sleek city hotel.

I'd want some high-end NYC type hotel colors but I'd also be fine with themes from other parts of the world. I think a beach resort makes a lot of sense. I think that we could also see some Caribbean influence at some point which is different than Polynesian.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Hammock

*insert its been 84 years meme*
    there were rumors of hammocks during IL release but they never materialized in the game

most of all though I just wish i could have restaurant and spa on same lot with hotels

Yes! So many packs could have included hammocks at this point but nooooo, still no hammocks. I need hammocks and porch swings, oh and also hotels, ofcourse.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Large aquariums in the lobby for fancy hotels
    original_TheMirage-Aquarium0-40a5224be6f233e.jpg
    aquarium-600x414.jpg
    ai-generative-image-elegant-hotel-lobby-couch-huge-aquarium-ai-generative-image-elegant-hotel-lobby-couch-286175057.jpg

You can put any fish in the aquarium that you can catch in the wild. Like how the small aquariums from Cats & Dogs or Spa Day work.
    724ce1a91d34b9f80ddf8e78fd32d8b8.png
    medium?v=1.0&px=-1
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    Or like this year my highlight was going to Catalina Island always heard but never been until now and I would go again for a one day trip again but mostly like a vacation it has boat rides, snorkeling, scuba diving, beach area, mini golf, botanical garden, golf carts because you couldn't have cars, parasailing, people fishing, I saw seals, and dolphins in the water, Also it was a town so you can shop, eat, relax. It was also like a honeymoon place walk on the beach at night see the sunrise and sunset. It was a beautiful place.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    What objects or features would you like to see in a hotels expansion pack? Add yours below!
    • Pool bar
    3osju8k5lgh61.png
    20130530-islandparadise-poolbar.jpg?itok=3IsVBxW3
    • Big aquarium tanks (Walk-through aquariums)
    tunnel-aquarium.png
    Important: Sims should be able to stock fish from the inventory, similar to smaller aquariums.
    • Functional elevators
    7811a4475ed3fd7258739aa1199f09e6b7c53366.png
    105cc6cf7f955600d6c00823697d58979977d1c1.gifv
    • Beach volleyball
    28235464_1642478872454073_5934035868392856565_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9b3078&_nc_ohc=pgGjnjqbnO0AX8QcIXk&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&oh=00_AfCCSAxS-irEUj1e0ulo35EBwbz2ZUzfJU2Yw1dCI_uVtg&oe=65819FEC
    • Water slide
    d229173a0cfc2f7bc0d00336cce0ac53.jpg
    • Curved pools
    hqdefault.jpg

Yes I agree with all of these plus Pool Waterfalls.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Large aquariums in the lobby for fancy hotels
    original_TheMirage-Aquarium0-40a5224be6f233e.jpg
    aquarium-600x414.jpg
    ai-generative-image-elegant-hotel-lobby-couch-huge-aquarium-ai-generative-image-elegant-hotel-lobby-couch-286175057.jpg

You can put any fish in the aquarium that you can catch in the wild. Like how the small aquariums from Cats & Dogs or Spa Day work.
    724ce1a91d34b9f80ddf8e78fd32d8b8.png
    medium?v=1.0&px=-1

Yes to large aquariums.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I hope there will be new closet variants in a hotel pack. (The closets from Get Together) Closets are pretty common in hotel rooms.

I would love to see a mirror closet. Basically the closet from the Get Together pack but with a reflection.
    3081d4582e7fea214e0813a1e5a99a50.jpg

Also a more run-down wall closet like this one
    closet-door.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I'm going to put in a request for glamping safari tents that are fancier than what we have with some sort of luxury safari retreat. Yeah, we have Jungle Adventure but I'm talking about high-end tent rooms.

Examples:

tented-camp.jpg?w=1400&h=-1&s=1

With the raised infinity edges:

nayara-tent-drone-shot.jpg?w=1400&h=-1&s=1

African Style:

sounds-of-silence-bedroom-1.jpg

Aside from that I like the ideas for various hotels and resorts because I think that the concept applies in many different ways, not just narrowly. I think we should be able to make anything from posh urban luxurious hotels to roadside motels.

Infinity-edge pools should come with that pack though along with the ability to have multiple features in one site ranging from the lobby to a hotel bar and restaurant to a spa or resort activities.

• Options
    Also, on the other end, we should see glass igloos/glamping pods with northern lights:

01_SleepinginaGlassIgloo__KakslauttenResort_Kakslauttanen-glass-igloo-bed.jpg

USE_Kakslauttanen-Arctic-Resort-Igloos-and-Chalets-1-1.jpg?resize=1220,480
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    For me it's less about objects and more about the kind of gameplay I want. Obviously pool bars, water slides and more things to do during the holiday in general are needed but for me what would be really important are things like this:
    • Multipurpose lots (I need my hotels to work with restaurants, spas, gyms, shops, cafés...)
    • The ability to own and run a hotel or b&b (from your home as well as another lot)
    • The ability to work in the tourist industry without owning a hotel (tourist guide, or employee at one of the hotels for example)
    • Souvenirs from each and every world in game that can be found, excavated (if you own jungle adventure) and/or bought in souvenir shops.
    • Cultural knowledge connected to more cultures than the Selvadoradan one (island culture, mount komorebi culture, tomarang culture...) that can be learnt by spending time in the world or reading about it.
    • More water activities such as surfing or windsurfing and the the ability to snorkel and dive in all waters (if you have island living)
    • The ability to carry a conversation when sunbathing or relaxing, or you know read a book or something (I mean come on!!!)
    • The ability to walk together while talking, looking at things and taking in sights
    • Aspirations that goes with travelling (for example things like: world traveller, souvenir gatherer, pampered traveller...)
    • Aspirations that goes with owning or running a hotel or working in the travelling industry (as well as a general "business owner" aspiration that works for all type of businesses)

While I would love a really beautiful immersive new world, I am starting to think that we're reaching our limit and that's why EA only gives us these 5-10 lot worlds. I'd rather have more gameplay and no world if that's the case. If we get a new world it needs to be big, varied, and a world to live in as much as visit.

I would love water slides, but would actually rather save those for a bigger water park game- or stuffpack where you can build your own fantastic slides and playgrounds using different matching parts.

Obviously a pack would need bb that match everything from cheap run down motels with vibrating beds to luxurious palaces, and if it came with a world, bb and clothes that would match the culture.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    how about an all included hotel resort for sims with option of pool and the beach 8q1i4SE.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited January 3
    More vending machines! (Like the ones from High School Years and Snowy Escape)

Hotels need to have vending machines so that Sims can get food all the time since they don't have their own kitchen and the buffet isn't available during the night

Touch-screen-vending-machine.png
    Xy-Combo-Beverage-Vending-Machine-with-Touch-Screen-Xy-Dle-10c.webp
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,418 Member
    More vending machines! (Like the ones from High School Years and Snowy Escape)

Hotels need to have vending machines so that Sims can get food all the time since they don't have their own kitchen and the buffet isn't available during the night

In hotels they are called snack bars. :lol: You buy your water and snacks in advance if you don't want to use them.
  • Options
    edited January 8
    Volleyball court / Beach volleyball from Sims 1 Vacation
    the-si10.jpg

A volleyball court would be perfect for a hotel pack as a family activity
    VTree.Beach_.Volleyball.screen1.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Tamir145Tamir145 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes please! And we need functional elevators now. I'm trying to build a multi-story apartment place at the moment and I can't use the elevators :neutral:
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,220 Member
    Okay massage tables.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,418 Member
    Okay massage tables.

We got massage tables in the spa pack.
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    There are two things I've noticed about the sims 4. The vacation rental system and the residential rental system demonstrate that the coding exist to implement a hotel system. I believe these would be the essential features needed to release a hotel stuff pack:

1. Hotel lot type that can be placed as a community lot or purchased using the ownable business system.
    2. Employee management system for hotel employees. Employee roles would include: a receptionist to take bookings on - site (bookings can also be made via phone or computer like other vacation rentals), caterer/chef for an internal restaurant/ room service system, maid, and optional roles for bartender, massage therapist, and personal trainer to allow lot customization with bar, spa, and gym features.
    3. A money management system (similar to the retail system) that allows owned businesses to earn an income from NPC use of services and unowned businesses to charge played households/NPCs for use of services.
    4. Rental system that works like the vacation rental system, only it should better incorporate the features of a hotel.
    5. Buildbuy items to customize the lot and create different styles of hotels from motels to resorts.
    6. CAS items such as employee uniforms and vacation items for household members (including pets).
    7. New activities such as: shuffleboard and water polo.