Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    You cannot make changes to a residential rental lot!! I partially built a residential lot before the pack released, made the buildings, didn't paint the walls, build fences, add pool, etc. Changed it into a residential rental lot and moved it into the new world and I can't add fences or change the lot in any way. We were told we could build before the pack released and this is what the devs decide. Shaking my head and really disgusted right now.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    You cannot make changes to a residential rental lot!! I partially built a residential lot before the pack released, made the buildings, didn't paint the walls, build fences, add pool, etc. Changed it into a residential rental lot and moved it into the new world and I can't add fences or change the lot in any way. We were told we could build before the pack released and this is what the devs decide. Shaking my head and really disgusted right now.

Can you not revert it to Residential, then add what you need to add, and set it to Residential Rental afterwards?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

This sounds like a bug. I partially built a lot before the pack, changed it into a residential rental, and am currently terrain painting and can add fences.

You may want to open a thread on the Answers HQ about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Or try removing your mods (if you play with mods) in case of an incompatibility issue.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    So far, one bug that would cause me to want to wait on buying the pack, if it turns out to be a common bug: after traveling to another lot, a neighbor family may "take over" the played household's apartment, acting as if they live there (even if they haven't met)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FR-Sims-on-Residential-Rental-Lots-Entering-Each-others-homes/td-p/13282524

Gonna keep an eye on this one

The amazing @crinrict is on the ball with bug tracking as usual, any new issues will likely show up soon under her "Compiled list of reported issues" thread which is stickied to the top of the main Bug Reports page
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

A workaround sounds like restricting the door to household only.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    I got the pack on InstantGaming for $30 instead of 40 :D I haven't gotten to play yet, but I will say B/B has horrible lag. It's actually really really annoying. Literally every. single. time. I place or delete an object it freezes for 3-4 secs and i have to wait to do anything else. It actually makes decorating unbearable lol

Okay editing because it's so bad it's making me want to exit the game. This is not great for a brand new pack release.

Just to clarify though, I only have it on the new rental lots. I edited the Garden and it was fine.

Like maybe If you build it all from scratch on a regular residential and decorate before you change the lot type it'll be fine? But if you don't want to build, and you download a shell to decorate the interior? Forget about it because it will freeze everytime you edit literally anything lol
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I got the pack on InstantGaming for $30 instead of 40 :D I haven't gotten to play yet, but I will say B/B has horrible lag. It's actually really really annoying. Literally every. single. time. I place or delete an object it freezes for 3-4 secs and i have to wait to do anything else. It actually makes decorating unbearable lol

Reminds me of once I dl'ed tons of content from a very talented cc creator, but s/he had added special characters to each and every filename. So, if someone at Maxis thought it was cool adding [*ForRent] to each of the new b/b files, then we are all in trouble, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    I don't even get it. What's the game play? Doing the same stuff you do on a daily basis but now you have to do it for a building? Thrilling.

This! I was really so excited for this pack. And I don't normally get excited for games since The Sims 2 came out. I thought I loved every bit of this. But I started my game and built some apartments in my families basement. I visited them all to meet the tenants formally and then went "home." Once I was back home upstairs life went on as normal and I didn't even notice I had anyone living in the basement. They barely came out into the shared space and not much else happened since they've been down there.

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2023
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Are the Residential Rentals no one else driving nuts? Not to know/see what's going on on your lot?
    I already had this with apartments and never used them. I'll stick with the world and the build buy, I guess.
    The control freak in me roars like a tiger lol 🐅
    I know it's not possible to make everything visible. Just my thoughts 🐷

@Lenny_Ogg Were you ever a Sims 2 player? Based on these remarks, I kind of picture you playing Apartment Life and stationing household members as spies in all of the neighbors' apartments. If Tara DeBateau thought she could have baked Alaska without your knowing about it, she had another thing coming!
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2023
    Well...
    I'm done with it. :p

I keep getting neighbors that waltz into my sim's apartment like they own the place and I can't make them leave.
    I had to switch apartments to make them go home and I set her door for her only. Going back to her apartment, another neighbor comes in.
    It makes the whole pack pointless if they don't fix this.

Back to Cyberpunk and Skyrim.
    [edit]

I decided to switch to another apartment to see if it happens there.
    Nothing so far. Perhaps it's how the other apartment is constructed.

Scratch that.
    Neighbor just walked into her apartment and got into her bathtub.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

This sounds like a bug. I partially built a lot before the pack, changed it into a residential rental, and am currently terrain painting and can add fences.

You may want to open a thread on the Answers HQ about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Or try removing your mods (if you play with mods) in case of an incompatibility issue.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't use mods in my games. I'll do a bug report on Answers HQ if it happens again. I deleted my saves and haven't started a new game yet. I went out to eat and just got back.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Oh man, I feel this is turning from a good thing to a nightmare from what I am reading, I haven't played it yet and if the negatives outweigh the positives I should have waited but got pulled in with the option to build apartments. It is my fault to think EA/Maxis can do something right and it is the opposite. I will play this weekend and see how it goes. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    If I get to play this weekend I’ll be very lucky. I’ve bought it but now cannot download as cannot connect to the servers. Spread out over four hours tonight in multiple attempts.

I was looking forward to trying the apartments too @Goldmoldar which looks a lot of fun. I really want to try playing as a landlord, then as a tenant etc. The nosey trait looks amusing.

But no, I’ll have to wait another day. 🙄🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If I get to play this weekend I’ll be very lucky. I’ve bought it but now cannot download as cannot connect to the servers. Spread out over four hours tonight in multiple attempts.

I was looking forward to trying the apartments too @Goldmoldar which looks a lot of fun. I really want to try playing as a landlord, then as a tenant etc. The nosey trait looks amusing.

But no, I’ll have to wait another day. 🙄🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I hope you get to DL the game so you can play. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I haven't bought it yet, as I need to find out if rotational play is safe or not. I saw someone say that tenants can move out on their own, but I'm hoping that's just non-played households. But what happens if the lease runs out for played tenants while you're playing a different household? Will those tenants move out on their own? I hate things like story progression that takes control of my Sims. I have Neighborhood Stories turned off and I don't want the game telling me where my Sims want to live.

Also, it seems that you can't turn an existing occupied house into apartments without designating someone as the "owner", so I'd have to move my Sims out, separate them, then go in and edit the apartment lot, then move each Sim into the units. I'd have to do this for several of my lots. What a pain in the tuckus.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @crinrict has modified the thread on neighbor invasion to be a thread where info on home invasion can be tracked and assigned to whatever its possible cause may be.
    This may or may not be a For-Rent-specific bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-invading-Homes/td-p/13285790

@CK213 would you consider adding your info ?
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I may be in the minority, but I just want a simple way to create apartments. I don't want to "play" landlord or tenet. I just wanted a quick and simple way to convert my existing multi homes into official apartments. I could not do it. I would have to evict the entire household or move people out and then back in to put them back into their own spaces. Why couldn't they just let up set up the apartments and leave it at that? Oh well... At least I can enjoy some of the build items.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet, as I need to find out if rotational play is safe or not. I saw someone say that tenants can move out on their own, but I'm hoping that's just non-played households. But what happens if the lease runs out for played tenants while you're playing a different household? Will those tenants move out on their own? I hate things like story progression that takes control of my Sims. I have Neighborhood Stories turned off and I don't want the game telling me where my Sims want to live.

Also, it seems that you can't turn an existing occupied house into apartments without designating someone as the "owner", so I'd have to move my Sims out, separate them, then go in and edit the apartment lot, then move each Sim into the units. I'd have to do this for several of my lots. What a pain in the tuckus.

I could not agree more, I just made a post complaining about this very issue.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Is anyone else experiencing issues if they bulldose a rental residential lot and put a community lot on it, that it still is trying to recognize the lot as the rental and not the community lot you changed it to? im having issues with my restaurant. It is doing this and wont function. Chef/waiters wont even spawn and in edit world the rental rating is still ther when you hover over the lot.

It's weird because upon further testing, restaurant guests still show up. But staff wont and it wont function like the lot it's assigned as for staff.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Coconut27 Other than the rental rating issue, it sounds like this bug, created by a bug fix to opting out of fame, in the patch. Guests/customers arrive but not staff NPCs
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Customer-Service-NPCs-Don-t-Spawn-on-Community/m-p/13282016
    There is a workaround described in the bug report.

If you are having the issue, especially if you have this other issue with the rental rating at the same time (which is a little different), without mods, would you be willing to add your info?
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2023
    Is anyone else experiencing issues if they bulldose a rental residential lot and put a community lot on it, that it still is trying to recognize the lot as the rental and not the community lot you changed it to? im having issues with my restaurant. It is doing this and wont function. Chef/waiters wont even spawn and in edit world the rental rating is still ther when you hover over the lot.

It's weird because upon further testing, restaurant guests still show up. But staff wont and it wont function like the lot it's assigned as for staff.

I had a similar issue in that the lot wouldn’t change from a rental residential back to a residential. It eventually changed, but Idk what I did to get it to work.

I also noticed that poles holding the roof over my porches disappear from the other unit when I have sims living in them. I’m able to put them back, but it is frustrating.
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yeah i have tested with all mods/cc off and removed, cache cleared and in a brand new save. I cant even replop my restaurant down on the 30x20 that was never a rental lot because my screen infinitely loads when trying to place it, i've tried 2 times. Kind of wanna cry because I worked so hard on this build and now i cant even use it. This game is not functional and I am tired :D:'( Also, thank you i will say what i am experiencing in that tread. I did try opting in to fame but idk if it will do anything since i cant even place my restaurant down lol will maybe have to try with a diff community lot :(
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »

I had a similar issue in that the lot wouldn’t change from a residential lot back to a residential. It eventually changed, but Idk what I did to get it to work.

I also noticed that poles holding the roof over my porches disappear from the other unit when I have sims living in them. I’m able to put them back, but it is frustrating.

okay interesting. so did you try to change the lot that was originally a rental residential to a different lot type and it wouldnt regconize that it changed? because this is my issue and now i think it completely messed up my entire game. i cant even place lots down in a new save. I am beyond frustrated, so i'm right there with ya
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I had a similar issue in that the lot wouldn’t change from a residential lot back to a residential. It eventually changed, but Idk what I did to get it to work.

okay interesting. so did you try to change the lot that was originally a rental residential to a different lot type and it wouldnt regconize that it changed? because this is my issue and now i think it completely messed up my entire game. i cant even place lots down in a new save. I am beyond frustrated, so i'm right there with ya

Did you try patching your game without your mods folder in it and the cache cleared/deleted, including the localthumbcache? I usually do this after every patch, just in case, because there was a time I had some weird issues right after a patch.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 49 Member
    i love the new air conditioner units, i've been wanting these in the sims forever, unfortunately they are very loud i had to delete mine cause the noise gave me a headache
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    LiELF wrote: »

Did you try patching your game without your mods folder in it and the cache cleared/deleted, including the localthumbcache? I usually do this after every patch, just in case, because there was a time I had some weird issues right after a patch.

im sorry i cant read properly today. yes i did repair it without my mods, had local cache cleared multiple times, in a new save. my game wont even properly load. idk if it messed up my restaurant lot because i was able to place down another lot, but to place my lot down i had to go into the lot itself first and then place it but now im stuck on another infinite loading screen. i wanna cry cause it;s the only copy of my restaurant that saved to the gallery and idk if this issue corrupted it or something. ugh this is so frustrating lol