Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Does anyone know what time the pack drops tomorrow? I'm itching to get my hands on it too.... :)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Does anyone know what time the pack drops tomorrow? I'm itching to get my hands on it too.... :)

Every single time, I can never remember if it's midnight or 6pm (for UK). One or the other I guess haha.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited December 2023
    It drops at 1pm eastern time in the US so add or subtract hours as appropriate 🙂.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    was nice when they did worldwide at midnight.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I was saying the same thing earlier @bandit5 I even booked the day off as I forgot lol. Looking forward to it though
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m pretty excited for tomorrow! Can’t wait to get in my game to look at the brand new world, CAS assets, and B/B assets! I have all Fridays off of work in December on top of my normal holiday hours, so I’ll have tons of time to play :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    i dont know why they stopped doing midnight releases

I assume they didn't like people using VPNs to get the pack earlier, but that's pure conjecture on my part. Maybe some other reason.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am so ready for the new pack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Later Today!!!!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Every single time, I can never remember if it's midnight or 6pm (for UK). One or the other I guess haha.

Used to be midnight, now it's 6pm UK time :)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Happy release day!

But now, I have to suffer with calculus, so after that, trying out this new pack would be a nice reward.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Me neither, this is very disappointing and annoying. I would much rather get it in midnight than wait forever…by the way did anyone realize how long we have had to wait for For Rent EP ever since it was teased in the quarterly teaser and then announced? We got Seasons EP much faster than this too… :(
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    was nice when they did worldwide at midnight.
    Exactly. This is very boring way to release the packs now…wish they could go back to midnight releases…
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Me neither, this is very disappointing and annoying. I would much rather get it in midnight than wait forever…by the way did anyone realize how long we have had to wait for For Rent EP ever since it was teased in the quarterly teaser and then announced? We got Seasons EP much faster than this too… :(

I like that they announce packs long ahead of release. Announcing just a couple weeks before release feel like taking away from the anticipation, making he pack less desired and the release day less important. I enjoyed having time to prepare for For Rent :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member

I like that they announce packs long ahead of release. Announcing just a couple weeks before release feel like taking away from the anticipation, making he pack less desired and the release day less important. I enjoyed having time to prepare for For Rent :)

I also prefer a long build up. Also I really really REALLY want some of the content providers to have early access, so that I have seen some of the gameplay before I get my pack. When I get my pack, I don't want to watch videos. I want to play and I want to know HOW to play! The lead up to Horse Ranch was so silent that LESS Sims content was being posted than usual. I was so bored and annoyed that I started playing Sims 3 and didn't even buy Horse Ranch at all. A family member bought it for me a few weeks after it was released and I hardly played it for another couple weeks.

If EA wants me to pre-order, then I need a steady build up that absolutely MUST include early access for some players.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I'm celebrating release day! Thanks for all the tidbits posted, making me really look forward to get For Rent added to my game. Might need to wait till tomorrow, due to redeem code etc, but there's still plenty to prepare. Like vacation plans.

Who else wants their vacationing sims to bring back home a cool Tiger photo souvenir, to impress their neighbors? Check out details on my blog, or simply admire the studio set up below ;)
    20231207a.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

I cannot relate, I suffer from ADHD and am very impatient with things I am excited about. And once it gets released I lose a lot of the original interest and excitement I originally had when it comes to Sims 4 packs. Unfortunately my attention span is very short and requires things to happen way faster than they often do. Waiting for something exciting forever is not my cup of tea at all, it dramatically decreases my hype for something. Hopefully I am not the only one.
  • Options

I also prefer a long build up. Also I really really REALLY want some of the content providers to have early access, so that I have seen some of the gameplay before I get my pack. When I get my pack, I don't want to watch videos. I want to play and I want to know HOW to play! The lead up to Horse Ranch was so silent that LESS Sims content was being posted than usual. I was so bored and annoyed that I started playing Sims 3 and didn't even buy Horse Ranch at all. A family member bought it for me a few weeks after it was released and I hardly played it for another couple weeks.

If EA wants me to pre-order, then I need a steady build up that absolutely MUST include early access for some players.

Long build up to a pack with 9 lots is not worth it in my opinion but yeah…
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I cannot relate, I suffer from ADHD and am very impatient with things I am excited about. And once it gets released I lose a lot of the original interest and excitement I originally had when it comes to Sims 4 packs. Unfortunately my attention span is very short and requires things to happen way faster than they often do. Waiting for something exciting forever is not my cup of tea at all, it dramatically decreases my hype for something. Hopefully I am not the only one.

You're not the only one! I don't find that a long wait builds my excitement, I just end up feeling impatient lol. But then I also tend to avoid gamechanger videos because I'm not really interested in their content and would rather explore the game myself (and seeing others play while I can't would only try my patience even further).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Today is the day!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'm celebrating release day! Thanks for all the tidbits posted, making me really look forward to get For Rent added to my game. Might need to wait till tomorrow, due to redeem code etc, but there's still plenty to prepare. Like vacation plans.

Who else wants their vacationing sims to bring back home a cool Tiger photo souvenir, to impress their neighbors? Check out details on my blog, or simply admire the studio set up below ;)
    20231207a.jpg

I love this idea, but I try to play vanilla. I was going to download some cat that looks like a baby tiger to add to my game, hope I can find one on the gallery.
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »

You're not the only one! I don't find that a long wait builds my excitement, I just end up feeling impatient lol. But then I also tend to avoid gamechanger videos because I'm not really interested in their content and would rather explore the game myself (and seeing others play while I can't would only try my patience even further).

I am happy I am not the only one! And I also try to ignore the gamechanger videos nowadays, I may watch a few videos every now and then but usually I don't focus on them too much as I prefer to try the pack features myself once the EP is out for everyone lol. But the very early announcement for this EP caused me to feel like this particular wait for the pack felt too long. They should have announced it a few weeks later or something. Hopefully next year the first EP of 2024 won't be announced too early, unless it is actually that exciting or gamechanging. Wait didn't they announce Get Together several months before it was actually released though? But in that pack's defense, the wait was worth it for me, as the world was very impressive and the clubs feature was a game changer at the time as it was only the second Sims 4 EP. <3
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

20231207a.jpg

I love this idea, but I try to play vanilla. I was going to download some cat that looks like a baby tiger to add to my game, hope I can find one on the gallery.

Pugowned has one! I already downloaded it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Just a gripe of mine, but I would have really appreciated some pictures or like those cutscenes they used to have in sims 2 for the animal sanctuary. They could have had a few different scenes of your sims looking at tigers out in a field and them positioned a few different ways. I dislike the textboxes and would just appreciate something a bit more interactive.

Otherwise, man...one hour to go until I can download. I'm excited.