Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: For Rent

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,641 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @EmmaVane How many units come with the new world as is?

Only 5. 2 Unoccupied.

There's a 2 unit building in Morensong (north). The Property Owner from the first trailer, and her sister, the Snooper (teen) live upstairs. The unit below is a single sim basic starter with 1 bedroom: a single bed.

There's a 3 unit building in Koh Sahpa (south). The upstairs is multi-gen family, the one from the gameplay trailer with an elder gay couple, their kid and spouse, their grandkid. One downstairs unit is taken by "Aunt Thi" (she's the lady with coloured hair, the other child of the gay couple). The third is unoccupied and is a family starter with 2 bedrooms: a double bed and bunk beds.

thank you @EmmaVane
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited December 2023
    If you place an empty apartment will tenants and a npc landlord move in automously?

Nope. Nobody moves into Residential Rental units autonomously. Might be moddable, though.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Are there any other Options that players can set?

There is also a toggle to turn off the unit Events/situations. It's on by default.

Then how do I move my tenant sim into one if there is no landlord?

The same way you would move into an apartment in San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor. Via the map.

That's were I'm confused. I'd come out better by purchasing the apartments as a landlord myself then switching to my simself and moving him in as a tenant.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    First of all thank you for this very informative thread. :) it's very helpful.

I have a few questions about the kettle :
    - is healthy green tea among the tea options? I love the +2 happy moodlet sims get from it with the base game tea machine.
    - are there only single cups or more at once?
    - can children use the kettle?
    - can toddlers and children drink hot chocolate made by older sims?
    1. Healthy Green Tea is there, yes, along with the rest of the BG tea maker teas that I recall and Builder's Tea.
    2. You boil the kettle, and once the water is hot you can make a cup. It's one cup at a time, but different sims can come up and make one while it's hot. There's a coloured light that changes so you know if the kettle is still hot or needs boiling.
    3. Children can't use the kettle, except to put it in their inventories.
    4. Children can drink hot cocoa, but only if the sim who made it doesn't auto drink it first, or if you cancel the drinking action. They have a better chance of grabbing Rainbowberry Unicorn Galaxy Tea. This looks like it was designed for children. It's in a plastic cup with a unicorn on it, rainbow swirl coloured and sparkly. It makes sims Playful (Playful helps raise child skills). Adult sims that make it don't seem to auto drink it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member

- is healthy green tea among the tea options? I love the +2 happy moodlet sims get from it with the base game tea machine.
    1. Healthy Green Tea is there, yes, along with the rest of the BG tea maker teas that I recall and Builder's Tea.
    2. You boil the kettle, and once the water is hot you can make a cup. It's one cup at a time, but different sims can come up and make one while it's hot. There's a coloured light that changes so you know if the kettle is still hot or needs boiling.
    4. Children can drink hot cocoa, but only if the sim who made it doesn't auto drink it first, or if you cancel the drinking action. They have a better chance of grabbing Rainbowberry Unicorn Galaxy Tea. This looks like it was designed for children. It's in a plastic cup with a unicorn on it, rainbow swirl coloured and sparkly. It makes sims Playful (Playful helps raise child skills). Adult sims that make it don't seem to auto drink it.

Thanks for checking. Nice to hear children can drink hot cocoa. The rainbowberry unicorn galaxy tea sound fun. I will have to try once I get my hands on the pack.
  • Options

Thanks for checking. Nice to hear children can drink hot cocoa. The rainbowberry unicorn galaxy tea sound fun. I will have to try once I get my hands on the pack.

It has rainbow colors as well.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane are these two lots featured in the first official trailer going to be in the library catalog when we download the new pack, like the extra houses given to us with cats n dogs and get together?

Or can we find it somewhere on the gallery ?

53368772250_ab72a6d72d_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.30.22 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368638509_8ca23e132f_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.28.11 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2023
    @EmmaVane are these two lots featured in the first official trailer going to be in the library catalog when we download the new pack, like the extra houses given to us with cats n dogs and get together?

53368772250_ab72a6d72d_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.30.22 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53368638509_8ca23e132f_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-01 at 7.28.11 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

I need to know this too, especially the 2nd one! And do I can props to the creators!
  • Options

Unfortunately I can't check this yet. I'm having issues with my Early Access code not working correctly. I'll check as soon as I can though.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited December 2023
    When you unlock the tassel top, do you unlock both the masculine and feminine frame top or just the one in line with your sim.

Thanks!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    I have a question that I hope isn't too complicated to answer.

If you are a rotational player and have several households in different apartment buildings, will they pay rent on their own? What happens if their lease runs out when I'm playing another household? Will they move out on their own? Or are "played" Sims protected from that in any way?

I'm just hoping it's not like in Discover University when, if it's not timed exactly right, you can have a Sim flunk out while playing another household so that when you go back to play the Uni Sim they suddenly have to move out of their dorm and leave uni.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Added a cross-pack gameplay section to Other Gameplay.
    There's a No Pets rule and Pet Adoption Drive Community Event with C&D installed. Haven't tested either for horses with HR though.
  • Options
    There's a No Pets rule and Pet Adoption Drive Community Event with C&D installed. Haven't tested either for horses with HR though.

Oh that sounds cute. What is that gameplay like? can we see screenshots of the event?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Do you need the water heater and electrical stuff? I didn’t make space for those in any of my apartment builds 🫠
  • Options
    MelRGamesMelRGames Posts: 2 New Member
    Do you need to have the utility appliances? Will it still be a functional rental without them?
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX

There is one new lot in the Library with For Rent.
    hVG6vae.png
  • Options
    Do you need the water heater and electrical stuff? I didn’t make space for those in any of my apartment builds 🫠

That's what basements are for, lol.

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but they can help by giving something else to maintain/upgrade that makes sense in shared space and I believe the upgrades reduce the water/electric related issues. There are décor versions too, so I'd say it's optional.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Oh that sounds cute. What is that gameplay like? can we see screenshots of the event?

I thought I took some but, unfortunately I only got screenshots of the notifications (start and end) and of the event task (Pet Cats & Dogs x5).

5 or so strays (a mix of cats and dogs) spawn and you need to interact with them. It's easy to participate in/complete as long as you are on the lot at the time. The strays are adoptable if you like any of them too.

I like the idea as a way to remind me that pets exist.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but they can help by giving something else to maintain/upgrade that makes sense in shared space and I believe the upgrades reduce the water/electric related issues. There are décor versions too, so I'd say it's optional.

I used foundations and those create awkward basements😭 but hopefully it is optional. Thanks for responding
  • Options
    edited December 2023

I used foundations and those create awkward basements😭 but hopefully it is optional. Thanks for responding

As long as the basement is at least 1-tile smaller all around than the foundation above it you can move the basement room up the same number of clicks as the foundation height. This way there's no weird gaps between the ground floor and the basement ceiling.

Both objects can also be placed outside as long as you have wall space. You might need MOO when placing the water heater because it's footprint goes though the wall.
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX

hVG6vae.png

thank you @EmmaVane Looks nice! hopefully two other stunning builds will be on the gallery when the pack releases.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @LeucosiaX

hVG6vae.png

I was hoping the apartment with the pool on the top was in our libraries. I guess maxis will upload it to the gallery.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Does anyone know, when using the cheat to remove the 6 unit cap, how many units you can add before the game starts falling apart?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    Does anyone know, when using the cheat to remove the 6 unit cap, how many units you can add before the game starts falling apart?

I don't think anyone would know the answer to that because it depends o your system.
    For example,
    If I used mc command center to raise the number of household members, my fairly new macbook pro laptop, with all the graphic upgrades and enormous memory begins to off gas. Plenty of gamers with gaming pcs use this with no problem.

My laptop heats uplike frying pan if I install the T.O.O.L mod and play. This is a mod, commonly used by builders, but I gather they have a tower. A tower has a lot of fans and space.

I will not attempting it, but good luck for those of you who do. The limit is on a whole save, and you can't see the other units, so I doesn't really bother my the limit of 6 per lot. I can even make more and use the roommate lock door method.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    greydonn wrote: »

I don't think anyone would know the answer to that because it depends o your system.
    For example,
    If I used mc command center to raise the number of household members, my fairly new macbook pro laptop, with all the graphic upgrades and enormous memory begins to off gas. Plenty of gamers with gaming pcs use this with no problem.

My laptop heats uplike frying pan if I install the T.O.O.L mod and play. This is a mod, commonly used by builders, but I gather they have a tower. A tower has a lot of fans and space.

I will not attempting it, but good luck for those of you who do. The limit is on a whole save, and you can't see the other units, so I doesn't really bother my the limit of 6 per lot. I can even make more and use the roommate lock door method.

That makes sense. I'll try to figure out what the limit is for my computer when I can play on Monday.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Can spellcasters clean up mold with the scruberoo spell? Can they fix or clean objects from the maintenence lot challenge with magic?