Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    What if I do not have the laundry pack (or seasons pack, although I think that was optional?) and cannot currently afford to buy any packs or kits? (Buckling down to pay off debt early, recently, living that adult life…)

Use your imagination. You can use half-walls, counters and round windows to mimic front-loading washing machines. There's a decorative base game hamper you can place. CC is also an option.
    As for Seasons, don't worry about the lack of snow. Yes, it's optional. Even those with Seasons will be taking screenshots in the summer to show their landscaping, so your screenshots will fit right in.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    What if I do not have the laundry pack (or seasons pack, although I think that was optional?) and cannot currently afford to buy any packs or kits? (Buckling down to pay off debt early, recently, living that adult life…)

Use your imagination. You can use half-walls, counters and round windows to mimic front-loading washing machines. There's a decorative base game hamper you can place. CC is also an option.
    As for Seasons, don't worry about the lack of snow. Yes, it's optional. Even those with Seasons will be taking screenshots in the summer to show their landscaping, so your screenshots will fit right in.

OMG! That is the second time I have done that! Sorry everyone! If it helps, my real-life laundry is an actual plastic bucket that I hand wash and rinse clothes in in the bathroom shower. I hang my clothes on hangers on the shower rod. Sad but true work-a-round for a poor person. Make anything you can that looks like some where to wash laundry this time and tell the judges what it is so they know. I promise (please listen bad memory!) that I will never add it as a requirement again! Thanks ahead of time for your patience and understanding as we all work through the laundry issues I created this time!

• Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2023
    I think, as we are being encouraged to use our imagination (which is great), we can use different styles and ways to create laundry rooms.
    As many of you might have noticed, I often like to use this style and way in laundry rooms: putting those tall kitchen cabinets to imitate the washing machine and the dryer, as they would be integrated, as it is also one way that is used in homes, to have integrated domestic appliances.
    Of course it might be, that this style might not always be suitable with the build if there are certain things to consider (for example if it would need to be a build where anything more modern would not be recommended), but for the ones that I've been using, I think it has been fitting as in many homes or vacation homes are being combined some traditional, "the style-suited" -elements and more modern elements.
    I like this as a one option when being imaginative, but of course it's even more creative to use those different ways to make an imitating washing machine and a dryer as being described above by BuildNShare (I've always admired those, how they have been made in some of the builds).
    I have the Laundry pack, but personally I don't enjoy using the washing machine & dryer in game, so that's also one reason why I rarely put them in my builds, and as we are allowed to use different ways in these challenges, I have often chosen to use the "integrated machines" -option (I'm using my builds in my game for my sims; Of course I could just put them - the washing machine and the dryer - and then later delete them, but as those are not required and as the challenges do not usually require packs to be used, I like to have the option to choose to not put them).

For this next challenge, I might actually consider putting the actual washing machine & dryer :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,658 Member
    edited December 2023
    I painted all the washer and dryer options from the Laundry Day pack this morning. If anyone is interested in using them I have added them to the gallery. (They should be NOCC) They work great when you enlarge them and place them in front of a counter. I actually prefer to have these in my game rather than the real ones because I can't be bothered to constantly be doing laundry.
    Washer and Dryer Paintings
    Basegame Laundry Room Example
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,117 Member
    Those are such a great idea @AlJay, and I love your example laudry room, as well B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you @coolsim9999999
  • Options
    You're welcome @AlJay. :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I'm working on all 3 challenges this month, and I was wondering what to do about my room. After I uploaded it, I realized that the new mixer and waffle maker were backwards, and therefore, unusable. However, if I re-upload the room, it will go over the 35K budget because I made some food, etc. However, I've corrected the backwards small appliances, so, it will be right for the house.

My question is may I still enter the room challenge @BuildnShare? Please let me know. Thanks! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I'm working on all 3 challenges this month, and I was wondering what to do about my room. After I uploaded it, I realized that the new mixer and waffle maker were backwards, and therefore, unusable. However, if I re-upload the room, it will go over the 35K budget because I made some food, etc. However, I've corrected the backwards small appliances, so, it will be right for the house.

My question is may I still enter the room challenge @BuildnShare? Please let me know. Thanks! :)

Yes, you can still enter the room challenge. Just remind us that you know about the waffle maker and mixer and fixed them.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #180 -Let it Snow!
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] Fern Park in Newcrest 30x20 (Now The NP Christmas Cottage)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4883B6E0C5BA4550A8BC58995B0868F5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST:$101,841
    TOTAL COST: $103,841
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/FLkwDN0
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home has the benefits of Gnomes, Geothermal, and natural well. After a further quick chat with Kris, you find out that he is thinking about hosting a few Make*A*Wish kids a month, with an approved chaperon so that his secrets are still safe. With this in mind, you have built a three bedroom/two and a half bath home. You have added a pool for exercise no matter what the weather is like outside. With a love of books, you have a library separate from the main living room. There is also a grill and table and chairs outside for the weather is good.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM no, thanks. I was not extremely happy with the build anyway.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Zni4NQw.png
    YGwTS6L.png
  • Options
    Thanks a lot @BuildnShare :)! I'll be sure to remind you guys that I fixed the waffle maker and mixer.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited December 2023
    @iampes23 --- cool entry! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrant for #179 Finding Inspiration

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I just put my house in the gallery a few minutes ago. I'll enter my room and my Sim tomorrow because it's almost bedtime, and I still have to eat dinner. I'll enter the house before the deadline :). This one was especially fun!! B)B)

P.S. I'll be sure to remind you guys that I fixed the waffle maker and the mixer.

Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited December 2023
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS180 - Let it Snow!
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    ROOM: SugarCookieCutterKitchen
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DB6B8FD46E4B47939DDD29A0055552DD?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §35,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/X0bW1LN
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This kitchen is part of a house that is shaped like a sugar cookie! So, this room is part of the inside of the cookie (not too frosted, so plain sugar cookie color with some pops of "frosting" are in the room. This room will be perfect for my Simself to help #santa by baking some #cookies while I help the elves with building ideas! The outside of the house/room is completely frosted/very colorful.
    Note: I fixed the waffle maker and the mixer in the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HsbGs6u.png
    showing most of the room
    XrcP6LL.png
    bird's eye view of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited December 2023
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #180 - Let it Snow!
    HOUSEHOLD: Coolsim SimSelf
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B7C5CFB4593D4FA58B663BE389EED69E?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/9WlcsKR
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is how I would dress everyday if I lived in the North Pole. I have included a second every day outfit that I would wear normally, as well as all the other outfit categories.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    biBZtV4.png
    everyday outfit 1
    sr1coCj.png
    cold weather
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #180 Let it Snow
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME Hindquarter Hideaway
    NEW LOT LINK:

Build cost 66671

TOTAL COST:66671
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/T09K9NF

Welcome to the north! This home has been designed like one of the ones I have personally lived in while living in the Native villages in Alaska. I have included the front storage and muck down spaces essential in Alaskan homes, and it is up off the ground to handle the snow drifts that occur and flooding that occurs as the snow melts. The showers toilet are raised up to allow the pipes to stay warm, so they do not freeze. The only thing atypical put in the home is the laundry, as no one in the village had their own laundry. Laundry was either done at the school if you worked there, or at the laundromat.

GE9mgjU.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Is anyone else having trouble uploading things to the gallery? I've tried to upload my entry 3 times already, and I just get the spinning wheel until I close my game.
    EDIT * I figured it out! It was too big. I deleted some artwork and now it worked fine.
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • Options
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dock Den in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Luxury mountain Home
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $194,851
    TOTAL COST:194,851
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #180-Let It Snow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Located at Dock Den on the Island of Windenburg...er..uh...I mean the North Pole. This beautiful Modern Mountain Home is designed for ME! I have decided to treat my family to a little vacation and bring them with me as I work for Santa (This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you know). So the house is designed to keep everyone busy and happy while they are here. The property is loaded with activities for the family such as a games room, media room with a bar, foosball table, home gym, Chess table, piano, guitars, and about 5 TV's. Outside there is a firepit, hot spring, sauna and even a custom working pizza oven by the outdoor dining area under a pergola. We may never want to leave!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Vfx3grr.png
    HEbc9kw.png
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 279 Member
    edited December 2023
    FORUM ID: _DelilahsRose_
    ORIGIN ID: DelilahsRose
    LEVEL: Leaving Blank
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Silent Night Christmas Home https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E452D2BB3D4E4DE98D9D72796A2EE3F5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: Free-Thank you Kris Kringle ^_^
    GALLERY COST: $150,522
    TOTAL COST: $150,522
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720313448879/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tucked away on the outskirts of Elf Village is this cozy Christmas themed home I built for my stay in the North Pole. There is plenty of room for my family to come stay with me for the holidays and enjoy the snow!
    This home features 1 bedroom, 1 bath, family room, kitchen, dining, laundry....and a surprise gingerbread house leading down to my classroom where I can teach the elves architecture!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    lmZ5Uu9.png
    CAIKTv2.png

• Options
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: Silent Night Kitchen https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/22053B83A7C047C59BC09D643CA8FDF9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST:
    $27,124
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720313461517
    ENTRY DETAILS: ~Gather around with family & friends when they come visit you in Elf Village, in this festive Christmas kitchen, perfect for baking~
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    WaAelyF.png
    kNTQyxk.png
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #180-Let it Snow!

HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E8D4C0E83C1C4C889DB4CE0362102E0A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720313447504/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Autumn Rose - the new architecture teacher recruited by Kris Kringle himself! She is excited to teach all the elf students in Elf Village in the North Pole!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JhmYDct.png
    aloDczk.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rustic Residence in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6EDDEC1E28564855842EA4EC5CBD538C?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §0 for this month according to the brief :)
    GALLERY COST: §199,020
    TOTAL COST: §199,020
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/UHGIMOn
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Kris Kringle asked my Simself to teach the elves to build different types of toy doll houses and action figure lairs. He also suggested that My Simself build a larger-than-elf sized house in which to live while teaching them to build sugare cookie shaped doll houses and action figure lairs. The project starts in January, so, I had to be done building my own abode in the North Pole by the end of December.

The sugar cookie house lot includes a spacious kitchen with double appliances, sinks and trash barrels, along with a spacious island and plenty of upper and lower storage in the cabinets, and it includes a stand mixer, a waffle maker, a microwave and a dishwasher. The bedroom comes complete with a hottub, radio, and book nook! The laundry room and the full bathroom are side-by-side, but the laundry room has columns with an archway between them. The living area includes a dining table with seating for 8 and the living room includes a large TV with seating for 5.

Outside, you will find ample activities, including: a skating rink blaring Winter Holiday music during normal hours in the first side yard, a hot spring in the other side yard, 3 modes of transportation in the front yard (skis, a snowboard and a sled, and finally, in the back yard, relax around the bonfire, as you sip your hot chocolate from the outdoor kettle, or you can get you wishes that Kris Kringle can't fill, by using the wishing well. A patio with tile work in the shape of a Christmas tree (and round rugs serve as decorations for it) has a grill and picnic table. Of course, the entire lot is decorated for Christmas, inside and out, including the lit Christmas tree with presents from Kris Kringle already around it.
    Notes:
    1. The outside of this house resembles the outside of a frosted sugar cookie in Christmas colors, and the inside resembles the inside of a sugar cookie, so it’s mostly tan/beige with pops of red and green decorations, which are the tiny bits of frosting that snuck through to the inside of the cookie.
    2. I wanted to remind you about the stand mixer and the waffle maker (they're backwards and don't work in the kitchen as I uploaded it, but now, I've turned the mixer and the waffle maker around, so now, they're both playable.
    3. In the bedroom, you have to have your Sim scoot over in the double bed to get to use the dresser [with a radio playing Winter Holiday when not asleep] --- but the hottub is playable just by entering the room and getting in).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by @AlJay
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    e50Wi4a.png
    boJfmXu.png
    grilling on the Christmas tree- shaped patio. I'm gonna introduce Kris Kringle to some grilled fruit...lol :D
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #179 - Finding Inspiration
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Looking good everyone! I think I'll submit mine tomorrow :)
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top