Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    I thought a botanical garden is supposed to be a large collection of plants for study or conservation. That botanical garden with stiff green hedges and shrubs is so disappointing. Especially for a tropical world, I would have expected exotic plants, palms and ferns, and orchids. It might have been better off being done like a walkable trail, similar to the bamboo forest in Snowy Escape. They had the right idea for the front leading up to the tiger sanctuary rabbit hole, too bad the same concept wasn't used for the actual botanical garden.

Yeah, I even looked up specific botanical gardens in Thailand and they are beautiful. This "garden" they gave doesn't even have any harvestables or plants to view. If they are going to try to showcase something as a new place to visit, the least they could've done was add at least one new interaction on a new object. Like for instance, a bed of flowers, and your sim can "sniff the flowers" and they could literally reuse the animation they use to smell tasty food...I'm sorry but that lot seems like a complete afterthought. It should have never been advertised in the blog post because it literally offers nothing new. Also why would you grill food at a botanical garden? :D I just don't understand.

Like the way they advertise TS4 honestly annoys me a lot at times because it is so misleading, and this game already lacks depth or new things to do with each pack, so when they do things like this it really irks me lol.

I don't mean to seem negative all the time, like i do post the things i like in the positive thread too, but i was so excited for this pack, and i am (not) surprisingly being let down by a lot of it. The B/B and Tomarang are gorgeous, but rabbitholes in a game with a bunch of loading screens and already not much to do, is not new gameplay. It is a void where you sim goes and you wait. At least the tiny tiger plushie is cute.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I was so excited for this pack and was going to buy it on release. But the more I hear, the more deflated I feel.

I wish I could tell the Sims team that a Gameplay Trailer means you spend time showing off gameplay. That means you can't waste time on CAS, Build/Buy items that are non-functional, or lot overviews. You should be spending time on actually playing the game. If you have to pad out a gameplay trailer with items, and constantly mention "this is non-functional" and "this is a shell", then there is no gameplay. If there is no gameplay in your game, you have a problem. Challenge for the Sims team for the next pack: create a 20 minute long gameplay trailer with just gameplay.

Part of the gameplay in the sims4 is creating sims, building lots, playing around and progressing with them with relationships, have social events etc.

But what EA/Maxis don't seem to get is that rabbit holes ignore all that and don't use any of those game mechanics, I can't design, have relationships or customize a RABBIT HOLE. And the lots are also so small and you want to kinda place down build/buy items that fit around the neighborhood, what am I going to place down in that small 30x30 "botanical garden" park that feels like it has been placed on a small town square? Meanwhile, the actual temple which is placed in a great spot is just a rabbit hole. Same with the fish market and some other places in the second neighborhood.

*urgh, please try to make use of the existing mechanics that are already there and at least add more lots to your worlds EA/Maxis. Please.

Agreed! And one of the main issues I have with these rabbit holes is that they're not even replaceable the way the Sims 3 ones are. At least in Sims 3, you can bulldoze it and build something playable on that space. But they filled this tiny town with rabbit holes and gave us hardly any lots to utilize. And I could live with the rabbit holes if there were also a fair share of actual playable things to do and new community lot types and customizable options, like there used to be in EPs. But this text adventure domination in a simulation video game is nonsense.

I also want to say that the traits and aspirations are looking pretty shallow and/or pack-specific, which is such a letdown. Who aspires to be a good tenant? Aspirations are supposed to be long term personal goals, not pack segment tutorials. I can barely tell the difference between the aspirations and traits in this pack. Maybe two of them seem worth using. Generous is totally a repeat of Good, with the charity behavior, except it seems, again, more pack specific to the "sanctuary". Whatever happened to the assurance of trying to improve Sim personalities? That should never be a one and done thing, it's an ongoing process; seriously, have any of the devs actually played a Sims game?

Then there's the "breaking and entering". I don't even know what that was that I saw. So... a Sim goes to someone's house, has an animation for "breaking" the door, walks in and snoops around for a random, generic pop-up that has nothing to do with the actual traits or experiences of that Sim? And what happens if your Sim goes past the timer, I assume they get "caught"? What does that do, though? Anything? No police are called, that's for sure. There are no consequences! Do they not know why people want burglars back so badly? Because they're unpredictable. Because they're a challenge. Because you never know if they're going to hit your house or not, or if you'll catch them in time, or if the police will get there. It's because it's a gamble. There are so few real gambles in this game because everything has to always be safe and nicey-nice. That's not life! I just cannot relate to anything in this game, it's so frakking soft and pretends that nothing bad ever happens to anyone ever, and if it does, no one should acknowledge it, pretend to laugh it off, we should always pretend that we all get handed happiness forever and ever because to feel anything else is to be "negative" and censored.

Why does it feel like the design of this game is always pushing towards younger and younger simplicity and babying? We're not five. This is supposed to be a T rated game. Teens understand that decisions have consequences. Why is this always treated like taboo? It's like, Sims 4 is the only life simulation game that doesn't really simulate. How the mighty have fallen. No wonder so many players complain of boredom and need advice on how to enjoy the game. :/

I try not to be this harsh, I really do, but it's 9 years later, hundreds of dollars, sometimes over a thousand spent by each player, and the EP quality is cutting corners on a fast, downward spiral, giving us skimped repeat themes that should have been completed as part of previous content to begin with. There's still a bunch of features and themes that haven't even been addressed yet but we're revisiting old ones because no one had the foresight to know that players might want a lot of the standard gameplay from previous editions of this game? Man, a couple years ago, I thought Sims 4 was heading in a great direction. It seemed like a lot of real attention and care and long overdue detail was finally being addressed. What happened? I'm just about fed up with big, corporate game companies. They care nothing for their own games except how much money they bring in.

I agree with this. Is this game aimed at teens or toddlers? I am fed up of consequences being a moodlet. I am even more fed up of sims fighting and then hugging and everything being back to normal. Even Wants and Fears are superficial and shallow. We can’t have “big bad” burglars but we can have snooping with silly pop up boxes telling us the sims in that household love cheese. Sims 2 sims actually gossip about real events happening. Is any of my sims going to find out about cheating neighbours? I’m guessing no. Blackmail isn’t new, it’s been in the game for a while, Since Base game I think?
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Yeah from what I heard, they are all random except for like one for the grim reaper? that's the only sim-specific one if I'm not mistaken.

Also- another thing I want to add that simply irks me to my core (besides the beautiful boats, because I could yell about that for hours :D ) is offering objects we have in game in new lovely meshes but they are only as non-functional debug items. Bikes: I learned that we get some really nice ones but they're non-functional and set dressing. I get if they want to tie a feature to a pack, since you get bikes from like DU and CL. But if that's the case, why not only enable the functionality if you have the necessary pack(s) to make it cross-compatible?? I genuinely don't understand some of their choices.

Guess you remember the Cinema rabbithole in San Sequoia (if you own Growing Toghether). Everything you need for a functional, playable cinema is already available in the game: screens, seats, counters, vending machines, you name it - even if you don't own GrT itself. All you have to do is just altering something existing (ex. one of the large screens) to link the rabbit hole story telling function. There is no need to create anything new. So why did they choose to design that cinema as a rabbit hole?

Gave you an awesome, because seriously. I never use that thing, I downloaded my own working cinema from the gallery. You can set it as anything you like, as long as you form a group or have a club meeting, you can have a decent number of sims watching the movie.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    No wonder so many players complain of boredom and need advice on how to enjoy the game. :/

THIS is my main issue with TS4. I have come across more than dozens of Youtube videos titled "bored with the sims 4? heres how to have fun in it again!" This is not normal. A game should not become so boring that ppl need to seek advice online on how to enjoy it again. It makes me honestly really sad lol :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    In a video it seems like the bot garden is more than just that community lot. There are plants in the area near by. The lot is mostly a park in the botanical garden, I think. So I guess if we want to have some other kind of community service there, Tomarang will still have some sort of a botanical garden ;)

Agree that this place would be god for introducing at least one new plant. Because most footage is new, there might be a chance that some stuff did not have a chance to spawn before they recorded.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    perhaps, but nothing seems interactable from the videos i watched. the koi pond is also just there as decor. cant even view fish.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 72 Member
    I find the lack of new boats really disappointing.

No new harvestables?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited December 2023
    In a video it seems like the bot garden is more than just that community lot. There are plants in the area near by. The lot is mostly a park in the botanical garden, I think. So I guess if we want to have some other kind of community service there, Tomarang will still have some sort of a botanical garden ;)

Agree that this place would be god for introducing at least one new plant. Because most footage is new, there might be a chance that some stuff did not have a chance to spawn before they recorded.

I hope so, but I feel like they would have mentioned it by now, because it's something that people always ask about, for every pack.

The only thing that gave me any hope at all is that James Turner's hotel video showed the new drink tray, which has some sort of "Sugarcane Juice." So I think there's a remote chance that we could get a sugarcane plant. But I am skeptical. I'd have liked to see mangoes, sugarcane, rice, and maybe one other fruit.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited December 2023
    There is a lot I like in this pack. But I can't get over all the missed opportunities in the world. It's so beautiful. So much open water to swim in, makes the lack of boats even more annoying.

I don't know why they did do a something like San Sequoia/Mt Komorebi for the Temple/Garden/Sanctuary, Have our sims take a stroll do some idle animations, have a few places to interact, then one of these location is the final destination and then it's a rabbit hole.

Why is the lantern only an idle animation for a specific trait. I feel like that could have been a cute object they bought in town.

And if you are only going to have 2 neighborhoods in a world coming in an expansion they really should each have at least 5 lots.

Also I will never use the secret feature. I don't want to read walls and walls of text. I find it useless.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Why is the lantern only an idle animation for a specific trait. I feel like that could have been a cute object they bought in town.

Is that true? The trailer made it look like it's an interaction many sims can do, sort of like a festival. :cry:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Is that true? The trailer made it look like it's an interaction many sims can do, sort of like a festival. :cry:

so I can't even use that interaction? *deep sigh* there goes making festival of light more fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Okay I know this is the negative thread, but i figured i'd share this here since i talk in it alot :D there is a new part-time career i wasn't aware of and it's literally a job i've wanted in a The Sims game for a while. It's "handy person" which is basically a mechanic/up keep.

The English Simmer mentions it in their review. It can be either rabbithole or WFH like a lot of careers in the game. I do prefer it be a Full time one where it's more immersive and maybe you could go like house-to-house to repair stuff- but I'll take it lol
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I was so excited for this pack and was going to buy it on release. But the more I hear, the more deflated I feel.

I wish I could tell the Sims team that a Gameplay Trailer means you spend time showing off gameplay. That means you can't waste time on CAS, Build/Buy items that are non-functional, or lot overviews. You should be spending time on actually playing the game. If you have to pad out a gameplay trailer with items, and constantly mention "this is non-functional" and "this is a shell", then there is no gameplay. If there is no gameplay in your game, you have a problem. Challenge for the Sims team for the next pack: create a 20 minute long gameplay trailer with just gameplay.

Part of the gameplay in the sims4 is creating sims, building lots, playing around and progressing with them with relationships, have social events etc.

But what EA/Maxis don't seem to get is that rabbit holes ignore all that and don't use any of those game mechanics, I can't design, have relationships or customize a RABBIT HOLE. And the lots are also so small and you want to kinda place down build/buy items that fit around the neighborhood, what am I going to place down in that small 30x30 "botanical garden" park that feels like it has been placed on a small town square? Meanwhile, the actual temple which is placed in a great spot is just a rabbit hole. Same with the fish market and some other places in the second neighborhood.

*urgh, please try to make use of the existing mechanics that are already there and at least add more lots to your worlds EA/Maxis. Please.

Agreed! And one of the main issues I have with these rabbit holes is that they're not even replaceable the way the Sims 3 ones are. At least in Sims 3, you can bulldoze it and build something playable on that space. But they filled this tiny town with rabbit holes and gave us hardly any lots to utilize. And I could live with the rabbit holes if there were also a fair share of actual playable things to do and new community lot types and customizable options, like there used to be in EPs. But this text adventure domination in a simulation video game is nonsense.

I also want to say that the traits and aspirations are looking pretty shallow and/or pack-specific, which is such a letdown. Who aspires to be a good tenant? Aspirations are supposed to be long term personal goals, not pack segment tutorials. I can barely tell the difference between the aspirations and traits in this pack. Maybe two of them seem worth using. Generous is totally a repeat of Good, with the charity behavior, except it seems, again, more pack specific to the "sanctuary". Whatever happened to the assurance of trying to improve Sim personalities? That should never be a one and done thing, it's an ongoing process; seriously, have any of the devs actually played a Sims game?

Then there's the "breaking and entering". I don't even know what that was that I saw. So... a Sim goes to someone's house, has an animation for "breaking" the door, walks in and snoops around for a random, generic pop-up that has nothing to do with the actual traits or experiences of that Sim? And what happens if your Sim goes past the timer, I assume they get "caught"? What does that do, though? Anything? No police are called, that's for sure. There are no consequences! Do they not know why people want burglars back so badly? Because they're unpredictable. Because they're a challenge. Because you never know if they're going to hit your house or not, or if you'll catch them in time, or if the police will get there. It's because it's a gamble. There are so few real gambles in this game because everything has to always be safe and nicey-nice. That's not life! I just cannot relate to anything in this game, it's so frakking soft and pretends that nothing bad ever happens to anyone ever, and if it does, no one should acknowledge it, pretend to laugh it off, we should always pretend that we all get handed happiness forever and ever because to feel anything else is to be "negative" and censored.

Why does it feel like the design of this game is always pushing towards younger and younger simplicity and babying? We're not five. This is supposed to be a T rated game. Teens understand that decisions have consequences. Why is this always treated like taboo? It's like, Sims 4 is the only life simulation game that doesn't really simulate. How the mighty have fallen. No wonder so many players complain of boredom and need advice on how to enjoy the game. :/

I try not to be this harsh, I really do, but it's 9 years later, hundreds of dollars, sometimes over a thousand spent by each player, and the EP quality is cutting corners on a fast, downward spiral, giving us skimped repeat themes that should have been completed as part of previous content to begin with. There's still a bunch of features and themes that haven't even been addressed yet but we're revisiting old ones because no one had the foresight to know that players might want a lot of the standard gameplay from previous editions of this game? Man, a couple years ago, I thought Sims 4 was heading in a great direction. It seemed like a lot of real attention and care and long overdue detail was finally being addressed. What happened? I'm just about fed up with big, corporate game companies. They care nothing for their own games except how much money they bring in.

Yeah, I am not too much into rabbit holes but I can understand the use for some but to litter a world with them, Bad enough I cannot alter the world by adding lots or subtracting and that will always be a minus for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No wonder so many players complain of boredom and need advice on how to enjoy the game. :/

THIS is my main issue with TS4. I have come across more than dozens of Youtube videos titled "bored with the sims 4? heres how to have fun in it again!" This is not normal. A game should not become so boring that ppl need to seek advice online on how to enjoy it again. It makes me honestly really sad lol :'(

I agree as you will soon run out of ideas as most of the settings are static being you can't add to the world addition lots or even edit them besides other than altering the traits of the lots and I like that but that is not enough for me. however, out of all the packs I dig this the most as I can make Apts, but it should be able to do more as I was not sure they would let us make Apts from scratch and seeing I can I wonder what else EA/Maxis can do, which was I once thought was not able to do. However, Renee or Sims 5 is coming, and this might be the crescendo of Sims 4 and I hope I am wrong.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I guess I'm a little disappointed that the "Maintenance Troubles" lot challenge is required for all residential rental lots. I wish there was an option to toggle the emergency/maintenance events on and off. Many simmers have been asking for more consequences in the game though, so I think I may be one of the very few who like to play with little to no consequences.

Anyway, I was really hoping to play as a tenant in a residential rental, but I don't want my sims to constantly deal with emergency situations/maintenance issues. Bug infestations, explosive malfunctions, hauntings, etc., are not situations I desire to play with. Also, if I play my sim family and move the grandparents into an in-law suite, I'll have to deal with the issues from the property management side. Maybe a five-star unit rating would help, but even then, I'll have to rely on cheating to get that rating up which is kind of a bummer.

I'm still going to buy the pack on launch day because I love getting new stuff (new world, B/B assets, CAS assets, etc.), but I wish I had a little more control over the new lot type, that's all. Happy for everyone that will enjoy the gameplay though, seems like a challenge for sure!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    lemonella wrote: »
    I guess I'm a little disappointed that the "Maintenance Troubles" lot challenge is required for all residential rental lots. I wish there was an option to toggle the emergency/maintenance events on and off. Many simmers have been asking for more consequences in the game though, so I think I may be one of the very few who like to play with little to no consequences.

Anyway, I was really hoping to play as a tenant in a residential rental, but I don't want my sims to constantly deal with emergency situations/maintenance issues. Bug infestations, explosive malfunctions, hauntings, etc., are not situations I desire to play with. Also, if I play my sim family and move the grandparents into an in-law suite, I'll have to deal with the issues from the property management side. Maybe a five-star unit rating would help, but even then, I'll have to rely on cheating to get that rating up which is kind of a bummer.

I'm still going to buy the pack on launch day because I love getting new stuff (new world, B/B assets, CAS assets, etc.), but I wish I had a little more control over the new lot type, that's all. Happy for everyone that will enjoy the gameplay though, seems like a challenge for sure!

There's a toggle for rental unit events, which I'm going to guess includes a bunch of the mainentance issues. So you should be able to turn them off.

JzPkrOu.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @bizuktag Thank you for pointing this option out to me! :) I must have been misinformed.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    @bizuktag That's awesome!

What I just thought: breaking and entering would be soo much more fun if the event timer wasn't visible... I think there's no real point for it being visible (no tasks/goals) and since it seems to have a randomized duration it would add some excitement since there would be a more realistic chance to get caught... I'm hoping that maybe that's something that will get changed for the release build...
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Too expensive. One would think for that price you get an entire game. But no. We get items and without doubt buggy game play.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2023
    @LiELF For me the issue is definitely that they put rabbit holes instead of buildable lots. If they had rabbit hole amenities in the Windenberg neighborhoods, it wouldn't bother me at all, because there are so many spaces to customize. If I don't want to play the rabbit hole thing I can design half a dozen other playable spaces that I actually do enjoy. Nine lots and tons of rabbit holes, though? In an EP world?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    And it does seem like a lot of rabbit holes for one world, doesn’t it? The temple, tiger sanctuary, fish market and cave. (Did I miss any?) Is there another pack with more rabbit holes than this?
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Ah I watched Plumbella's video on how secrets work and...yeah i wont even both with that "feature" haha. It's completely random and they don't have anything to really do with the sims. If they worked like gossip, or (as a commenter on the video mentioned, which is a great idea) they could've used the milestones feature and could've attached secrets to those because milestones include things like getting fired, having affairs, etc. But alas, EA paywalled what should've been a BG update since BG had no real features from the start, so that wouldn't work well since you'd specifically need GwT for that idea to work.

My game literally stopped working last night too and it was my only time in Live mode the entire week. I had it on fast speed for a bit while my sim was at the gym working out, and then paused and everyone was still moving and i couldn't click anything except main menu. I tried to save but the saving never finished, i had to force quit. Plumbella even had an issue like this with just the new pack and BG in the video, they couldn't even go to main menu. This game is severely broken and they need to fix many of it's issues instead of pumping out pack after pack, even if we want new packs because the game never feel finished so we crave more haha.

** adding a side note, but i hate how they add in great features from packs that i actually like but then abandon them and never update them when we get new packs.
    -Odd jobs: i used last night and they mostly seem tied to the world of Sulani or a rabbithole, but my sim lived in Willow creek so it makes no sense for them to travel to sulani for the day to comb the beach??
    - Lifestyle: I love the idea of lifestyles because they give sims little advantages or slight personality changes, like the coffee lover or the adventurer (my sim explored the cave in sulani like 20 times for an odd job and she gained this lifestyle haha). Idk if they updated this feature with the new pack, but it'd be cool if they did in order to add like "handy dandy" lifestyle where they always fix stuff so they get buffs or can get better chances for upgading objects, things like that.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member

warning rant coming:

I think this is really true because the amount of discontent every game pack is giving. A video game supposed to me fun and flow. The game developers must know how to design a fun game, and there was evidence of it here and there, but they are no long filling the game up with new things.

Like yes the world is beautiful- It supposed to be. Any game has a gorgeous set dressing of a world to bring your attention in. Thats the bare minimum, not a reason to by a pack.

More build buy, yes we need it. We should be getting new items all the time, if the game doesnt let us design our own, because a lot of the boredom is "same ol' same ol'" feeling. When everything is the same everywhere, it's like your living in a communism. Thank goodness for cc but sorry if you us cc because the game punishes you with unbearable lag, anf trying to find something with not a proper tagging system, or search with a catalog of a lot- what you need so it doesnt feel repetitive, Say goodbye to your life. It pains me to see sims builders. I mean maybe they have rocket fast computers, but taking a book and using tool to make a rotation sweep, to create intricate objects, If we did things like this in 3d modeling school, we would be looked at like we are pathetic.

Not to meant how wonky the build is, there really needs to be a base game update for constantly falling when decorating exterior builds of considerable height and stairs just not cooperating with how you want them spilt.
    It's adorable to see create simmers invent things despite the basic gameplay, but my mind goes wow they must have been playing this for over 10 years or work for them.

We want new experiences and gameplay, and they know more than we do what we want, because they tease us with it and then let us down. I excuse them that maybe final decisions are on the corporate level, to make more profit, but they are not inexpensive packs, and the content does not match. The know you need the new world and you need this system as the model of an multiplying population is a part of life. If I buy all the packs as they come out, it has become I am paying rent for my sims.

The timing is not that good either unless your well off in this economy. It's Christmas, and this would be a gift for myself, than others.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yeah i totally get what you mean and I agree. A thing that gets to me is that the game really caters to builders (and i say this as mostly a builder in TS4 because i don't use live mode that much recently). It hugely lacks in the gameplay aspect, but many builders (now i can't relate) don't even go into live mode to test-play builds because they simply don't actually play the game. It's also great they can use T.O.O.L mod to manipulate objects to create whatever they want with objects- but thats the thing-it's all for show and decor, the objects are not functional, and the strictly builders do not seem to care if it functions because they won't use the build anyway.

For example (no hate to this person, but it fits perfect with this topic) I once saw an amazing build video of a water park and the creator made a "pool slide" out of like the debug items and i told them how awesome it was and that it reminded me that we don't have actual pool slides still in the game and i wish we had them. And their only response was "glass half full sweetheart :)". That is a scrictly builder's POV. But to someone who also wants gameplay, that response does not hold up with me, because what good is the cool treehouse slide pretending to be a waterslide if it doesn't actually work? it's just another object for my game to have to load all the while my Sims can't use it. I like taking screenshots too, but more of things happening, not just of cute non-functional things. So i feel like the player base gets really divided from these issues because some don't mind, but i know there are many who are tired of "pretty but non-functional" things, whether it's from the sims team or from talented build creators. I don't like being teased :D
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I've been watching some of the early access, and it seems like the rental events are very frequent. Which would kind of work if you're playing a landlord like running a Dine Out restaurant, but if your sims are just landlording in the background, those events will get real old, real fast. It looked like they were tuned to all appear over a few sim days. It's going to make it really annoying to integrate into existing gameplay, and I have a feeling I'll get bored of it in a couple hours and turn it off altogether. It really feels like they tune the frequency of events for a) youtubers who want to show everything off right away and b) players who will play for a couple hours after a new expansion, then not pick up the game again. Simmers who are going to log serious hours and want to actually expand their gameplay with fun mechanics? Nope, not for them.