Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December Patch Speculation Thread 2023(Emergency Patch Now Live Dec 14th)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Update Dec 5th
Patch Notes

This is the big pre ep patch. This update will most likely bring pool parties to the base game.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2023
    Why do you think pool parties are most likely? I didn't hear any rumor on that yet.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Why do you think pool parties are most likely? I didn't hear any rumor on that yet.

Cause it's a new party type. I doubt it's locked to For Rent.
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member

Were all the other new social events introduced in DLCs made available in the base game?
  • Options
    PhilSims wrote: »

Were all the other new social events introduced in DLCs made available in the base game?

Yes.they were.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member

Yes.they were.

No, they weren't :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'm dreaming of robbers lot challenge ☆
    Just like the ones we used to know ~

Where the toilets are stolen and children scared
    To hear robber alarms going off ~

I'm dreaming of a robber lot challenge ☆
    With every forum post I write
    May your robbers have big bags and fight
    And may your robbers be dressed in stripe ~
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I really wish we have this, they're kind of adressed them in the new Q&A, I hope we get them soon...
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited November 2023

Yes.they were.

You cannot have the baby showers, costume parties, keg parties or revamped weddings/pre wedding parties with just base game haha.
  • Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »

Yes.they were.

You cannot have the baby showers, costume parties, keg parties or revamped weddings/pre wedding parties with just base game haha.

I stand corrected but I still don't think Pool Parties will be locked to the ep especially since we got pools for free.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

I really wish we have this, they're kind of adressed them in the new Q&A, I hope we get them soon...

They said something along the lines of "we are saving burglars for later on, stay tuned". Even Zombies were acknowledged! Maybe that rumored Grim Reaper GP/EP will have the return of Zombies? Hmm...
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The No Shoe Option from Snowey Escape is coming to the base game Tuesday. If you have this object I forget the name hanging up and enable no shoes sims will take off their shoes when they enter the house.

Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    holy moly actually setting sink types
    *brain explodes while thinking of all the sinks*
    I guess I will have to assign them as I play :lol:
    I hope that the assignment stays so I don't have to do it everytime my sims come across a sink
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Really disappointed that the laundry list doesn't mention fixing the disappearing stair rails. I can imagine that's going to be annoying in apartment buildings/two-story residential rentals. Hope they manage to fix it anyway.
  • Options
    I don't think we ever got a new pack event as a Base Game update.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    The No Shoe Option from Snowey Escape is coming to the base game Tuesday. If you have this object I forget the name hanging up and enable no shoes sims will take off their shoes when they enter the house.

Horse Ranch game patch was so much more exciting with the paintable ceilings, how is this that awesome? They should have made this feature years ago :( no big features coming with this patch and the Manage Worlds overhaul was scrapped or was never in the works it seems…
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Do we know when the patch is coming?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Horse Ranch game patch was so much more exciting with the paintable ceilings, how is this that awesome? They should have made this feature years ago :( no big features coming with this patch and the Manage Worlds overhaul was scrapped or was never in the works it seems…

Paintable ceilings were awesome? 😆 Babies were awesome
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Setting a sink type feels like a bandaid solution to the problem. I remember a mod having a better solution; it accounted for what items were closest to your sink at the time, so the game knew that a sink in the same room as a toilet was the washroom sink.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    Do we know when the patch is coming?

December 5th, next tuesday
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    Setting a sink type feels like a bandaid solution to the problem. I remember a mod having a better solution; it accounted for what items were closest to your sink at the time, so the game knew that a sink in the same room as a toilet was the washroom sink.

I feel like its better to be able to select it
    cause that way you can easily tell game which sink is for what

I just hope this solves the problem forever
  • Options
    Even so, this is not a feature, but a bug fix.

Adding a Base Game shoe sign is also not a new Base Game feature, it's a feature ripped from a previous pack.

New color options for appliances also aren't what I'd call a new feature.

We always got a proper Base Game feature with the release of a new pack in the past.
  • Options
    One of the game changers doing early access said that changing households via a door is coming to the base game Tuesday.
  • Options
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Paintable ceilings were awesome? 😆 Babies were awesome

Ok I lied :lol: I loved the Infants and Newborns update so yes you are right! <3:)
  • Options

Yay for the new color options for base game objects! We need more and more color options, so this is great <3