Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    OK, I'm really having a hard time understanding the rationale for the tiny lots. And if that count of 9 tiny lots includes any pre-built bars or other public lots, that's even more perplexing. Guess I'll have to take these thoughts to the negative thread!

There is a lounge.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    So sad about them tigers. :cry: They made it seem like it's a big interesting gameplay feature when in fact it's a text adventure. There's not even a lonely tiger to interact with like the dolphin is Sulani. Regarding the boats, does it means that we can't even ride Sulani boats there? That would be very sad considering half the map is water.

No the Sulani boats will work.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    I think it's good they put out the questions and answers FAQ, that way there is no shock and people can rant about the things they have a problem with now and hopefully spare us at the livestream😅.
    I'm satisfied with all the answers but curious as to why the waterfront lot is off limits. Maybe the coding is complex ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

I'm okay with the rabbit hole sanctuary because obviously they couldn't fit real animals in and I'm sure they wanted to.
    I'm hoping for more animals in the future though! Wild animals, pigs, small pets like parrots and more.
    I never get tired of my animals. I would love to see them made like the goats and sheep. I think that works perfectly.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited November 2023
    I think it's good they put out the questions and answers FAQ, that way there is no shock and people can rant about the things they have a problem with now and hopefully spare us at the livestream😅.
    I'm satisfied with all the answers but curious as to why the waterfront lot is off limits. Maybe the coding is complex ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

I'm okay with the rabbit hole sanctuary because obviously they couldn't fit real animals in and I'm sure they wanted to.
    I'm hoping for more animals in the future though! Wild animals, pigs, small pets like parrots and more.
    I never get tired of my animals. I would love to see them made like the goats and sheep. I think that works perfectly.

Hey, even if we won't get wild animals, maybe they grant us with a new household mini animal - I think it's time we get pigs! They should jump around like the sheep ad goats though :) They might not fit with the rental concept (canaris would!), but I think pigs would match with the local culture, traditionally?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am more than satisfied with the amount of units we can put down. I will never use that many anyway, think about it, 99 unitsx8 Sims per unit is 792 Sims. That is far more than I ever play with at one time. Or did they mean 99 rental lots with 6 units each, that would be even more Sims. Not sure which was meant, but either way, it's alot. NewCrest is fixing to be rental central. So is San Seqouia and Del Sol Valley. So excited for this pack.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I think I will create a few apartments in worlds I don't like with extremely low rent.
    But the con will be a mix of undesirable lot traits/challenges.

-Mold
    -Creepy Crawlies
    -Filthy
    -Gremlins
    -Grody
    -Haunted
    -Spooky
    -Landfill Lot

Hopefully with the cheap rent, their time there will be short. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I am more than satisfied with the amount of units we can put down. I will never use that many anyway, think about it, 99 unitsx8 Sims per unit is 792 Sims. That is far more than I ever play with at one time. Or did they mean 99 rental lots with 6 units each, that would be even more Sims. Not sure which was meant, but either way, it's alot. NewCrest is fixing to be rental central. So is San Seqouia and Del Sol Valley. So excited for this pack.

Most of us are not going to put 8 sims in every single rental unit, though. In fact, I think out of all my existing worlds, and my >200 active sims, plus more who rotate in and out, I have exactly two households of eight. The rest are much smaller.

At 99 units per save, even with smaller apartment buildings, that still works out to roughly one apartment building per world. That's probably enough for me, but it's not exactly an extravagant amount, and I can definitely understand that other people would want more.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I missed anything about 99 units but it'll be fun to see if anyone tries to push their save limits to see when things actually break like with the mini goats and sheep :D Though maybe that'll be okay if you deleted everyone and everything and all you had was one or two community lots and your very large apartment building. Hmmmmm.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Most of us are not going to put 8 sims in every single rental unit, though. In fact, I think out of all my existing worlds, and my >200 active sims, plus more who rotate in and out, I have exactly two households of eight. The rest are much smaller.

At 99 units per save, even with smaller apartment buildings, that still works out to roughly one apartment building per world. That's probably enough for me, but it's not exactly an extravagant amount, and I can definitely understand that other people would want more.

With the upcoming pack there is a total of 25 worlds, dividing 99 by 25 is roughly 3.96, so say 3 apartment buildings per world. That is of course including the vacation worlds where we won't be able to build them period. To me it is more than enough, so I am not going to complain. Other people want more, I understand, and am sure they will let their feelings on the matter be known.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

With the upcoming pack there is a total of 25 worlds, dividing 99 by 25 is roughly 3.96, so say 3 apartment buildings per world. That is of course including the vacation worlds where we won't be able to build them period. To me it is more than enough, so I am not going to complain. Other people want more, I understand, and am sure they will let their feelings on the matter be known.

Just to help clarify, the 99 limit is not by building, it's by unit. So 99 apartments. If we look again at your math, that's essentially one apartment building per world, each with 3/4 separate units.

Of course, this will still be plenty for many players. For rotational players, colonizers and population players like myself however, it's very limiting. I will have to carefully decide what worlds/lots I need apartments in the most, and prioritize those first, then sift from there. After 9 years of playing, I already have about 215 Sims in my game and many of my existing households are "meant" to be apartment/boarding house/etc. lots. I actually much prefer the apartment lifestyle for my Sims than single family living, because it puts friend and family Sims and communities closer together for keeping relationships from declining in rotational play.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023

Per UNIT. A unit is not a building. It's an apartment. So, yeah, if a building has four apartments, that's one building per world. And a rather small one, at that.
  • Options
    Ok, gotcha, I was thinking each unit would be an apartment building. Still enough for me, but yes I can see how it wouldn't be for others, but again, as I have observed from different threads, those who wish more are making it known. I am simply voicing my own opinion on how it is for me.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Just a thought, I've been wondering how buying an Apartment is going to work. Do we have to save a bunch of money so we can own other buildings? Apartment complexes are not going to be cheap.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    Can't wait for my Sims to have their first Halo Halo—such a yummy dessert.
    Halo-Halo.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2023
    Lol, I just now saw some negative responses to my post from two weeks ago speculating about moving specific sims into specific units. :D

Anyway, the 99 units per save kind of surprises me, but it doesn’t bother me, personally, as there’s no way I’d probably ever have 99, LOL.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    It doesn't bother nor surprise me. After all we're talking about TS4. A nine year old game with restrictions due to optimizing performance and code that won't support some features.

So far I'm only planning 3 four-unit apartment builds (only 1 in Tomarang )and probably a couple of duplexes.

What is a bit disappointing is all the info wasn't made available before simmers started planning and building.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Just a thought, I've been wondering how buying an Apartment is going to work. Do we have to save a bunch of money so we can own other buildings? Apartment complexes are not going to be cheap.

Yupp, you will obviously need to own the entire building, including all units. So, I'm only decorating the landlord unit (+ shared unit), as I'm not quite sure how the furniture of the other units will work. Maybe it turns out it is better to offer them with no or few items inside, leaving it to the tenant.

Owning a full complex with 6 spacious units will be costly, but this feature is also meant for say setting up a room of your home up for rent - a clever way to get your mother-in-law out of your household ;) And that won't be very expensive, either.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Glad they're also doing it on YouTube.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023
    Do the water heater, ac units include gameplay? Do they work on lots other than Residential Rentals?

Yes there is gameplay associated with the Water Heater, Electrical Panel, AC unit, and the Radiators. Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons.
    These will work for all Residential lots, but when used in Residential Rental lots they will work for the individual units if placed inside them or for all units if placed in shared spaces.
    This is great news for me and exactly what I wanted to hear about this feature.

Here's me being hopeful foolish...
    "Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons." Are we talking power cuts like the trailer? I'm hoping for power cuts during really bad storms. I had a mod for this long ago but the modder was never very active.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Do the water heater, ac units include gameplay? Do they work on lots other than Residential Rentals?

Yes there is gameplay associated with the Water Heater, Electrical Panel, AC unit, and the Radiators. Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons.
    These will work for all Residential lots, but when used in Residential Rental lots they will work for the individual units if placed inside them or for all units if placed in shared spaces.
    This is great news for me and exactly what I wanted to hear about this feature.

Here's me being hopeful foolish...
    "Some of these will have additional gameplay when used in conjunction with Seasons." Are we talking power cuts like the trailer? I'm hoping for power cuts during really bad storms. I had a mod for this long ago but the modder was never very active.

Lot51 has a great mod that does this and I'm happy the game will include it now. Making the heating and cooling system in my builds was a favorite and I love the additional gameplay from the mod. I hope this is similar...heck, I hope they just took the mod and added it in.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    This is the first thing I'm doing!! Nothing better then washing hair and clothes in the natural river. Then using natural flowers in your hair for fragrance.
    I don't know why I didn't think to use t. O. O. L to do this but even without tool this can possibly be done with a pond. I've made ponds and put usable objects halfway in them and covered part of it with shrubs or flowers. Sims were still able to use it. I do it all the time with the kiddie pool for my mermaid but now I'm going to take this a step farther since this post opened up so many more ideas for me!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    edited November 2023
    Concerning the size of the world and lots included is perfectly fine for me. There was a time many years ago when I had no room to put any more Sims. Yet, as the years rolled on and more worlds were released, my spacing issue disappeared.
    Interesting how much space I now have. List of worlds with empty lots in my save file.
    • Willow Creek – 3 Empty Residential Lots
    • Windenburg – 2 Empty Residential Lots
    • San Myshuno – 2 Empty Apartments
    • Brindleton Bay – 2 Empty Residential Lots
    • Sulani – 3 Empty Residential Lots
    • Britechester – 1 Empty Residential Lot
    • Evergreen Harbor – 1 Empty Residential Lot and 2 Empty Apartments
    • Mt. Komorebi – 2 Empty Residential Lots (1 Rental Lot that came with world)
    • Henford on Bagley – 1 Empty Residential Lot (1 Rental Lot that came with world)
    • Tartosa – 2 Empty Residential Lots
    • Copperdale – 4 Empty Residential Lots
    • San Sequoia – 3 Empty Residential Lots

There are no empty residential lots in these worlds in my save file.
    • Oasis Springs
    • Newcrest
    • Del Sol Valley
    • StrangerVille
    • Chestnut Ridge

Typically, I've been moving around Sims or creating new Sims when I'm building for a new world. Because we did not have the ability to have proper functioning multi-residential units, I did not bother to build such structures because I felt like—what's the point. Now that we are getting For Rent, I'm inspired to build some multi-residential units in the new world of Tomarang.

Looking forward to finding out more during the Developer Gameplay Walkthrough.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2023
    Discussion thread for those looking forward to the next expansion pack. Thread title will be updated once pack is officially announced.

The fact I’ve already built umpteen rental lots ready to go is a sign I’m excited.

I did preorder but I got a good price. 😊😎 🏢.

I do like the style of the world. It’ll be fun to try the property owner or tenant or snooper.
    Also there is a functional kettle to place!

This will be the first time I’ll get preorder items!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞