Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the For Rent Livestream?

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I want to see everything, really, but what I most want to see is a deep in-depth dive into every single way we can play these sims in the new apartments: Playing as a landlord, playing as a tenant, and moving sims in through manage worlds to be inactive sims.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Pretty much anything, really. 👌
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    If there are any bugs, I want them to explode massively all over the livestream.
    My-Wedding-Stories-size bugsplosion.
    Less surprises that way :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    1. I want to see a map of the world, lot sizes of each lot.
    2. I’d like to see all the swimming area’s
    3. I’d like to see what the night market looks like and what it sells.
    4. I’d like to see the Animal Sanctuary and how it works. Can we really take our sims there? Is it a lot type? Is it a rabbit hole? I hope it’s not a rabbit hole.
    5. I ‘d like to see the botanical gardens, also, are they a place our sims can hike?
    6. I want to see how things work on an apartment complex, town house etc. if we don’t plan on having someone own it but want to move tenants in that we plan to play. Can we choose how much our sims pay for the units? Can tenants start pool parties and potlucks? Is there a way to keep snoopers and landlords out of those apartments of tenants we play?
    7. Will mold be a lot trait challenge death? Can we turn mold off or not?
    8. I want to see what a home over the water is like. Can our sims use water/boat ladders from Island living, can sims have a boat, or jet ski from island living docked there and go out into the ocean with them?
    9. I’d like to see the build/buy, the clothing, hair and other CAS items.
    10. Can chikdren play tag or anything like that without toys? I know there are marbles and hopscotch ( which I am glad to see ).
    11. I’d like to see more in depth how we choose apartments. Can we have 2 or 3 story units?
    12. Can we decide whether we want vampires, spellcasters, werewolves, etc. to rent apartments
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want to see everything, really, but what I most want to see is a deep in-depth dive into every single way we can play these sims in the new apartments: Playing as a landlord, playing as a tenant, and moving sims in through manage worlds to be inactive sims.

This
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    1. I want to see a map of the world, lot sizes of each lot.
    2. I’d like to see all the swimming area’s
    3. I’d like to see what the night market looks like and what it sells.
    4. I’d like to see the Animal Sanctuary and how it works. Can we really take our sims there? Is it a lot type? Is it a rabbit hole? I hope it’s not a rabbit hole.
    5. I ‘d like to see the botanical gardens, also, are they a place our sims can hike?
    6. I want to see how things work on an apartment complex, town house etc. if we don’t plan on having someone own it but want to move tenants in that we plan to play. Can we choose how much our sims pay for the units? Can tenants start pool parties and potlucks? Is there a way to keep snoopers and landlords out of those apartments of tenants we play?
    7. Will mold be a lot trait challenge death? Can we turn mold off or not?
    8. I want to see what a home over the water is like. Can our sims use water/boat ladders from Island living, can sims have a boat, or jet ski from island living docked there and go out into the ocean with them?
    9. I’d like to see the build/buy, the clothing, hair and other CAS items.
    10. Can chikdren play tag or anything like that without toys? I know there are marbles and hopscotch ( which I am glad to see ).
    11. I’d like to see more in depth how we choose apartments. Can we have 2 or 3 story units?
    12. Can we decide whether we want vampires, spellcasters, werewolves, etc. to rent apartments

All of this especially the Animal Sanctuary.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I hope we can get some hint that the new lot type can lead to multi purpose lots in the future. For example a combination of retail and home. I know that not happening in this pack which feels like a huge missed opportunity. But maybe the new lot can be used to build on in future packs.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I hope we can get some hint that the new lot type can lead to multi purpose lots in the future. For example a combination of retail and home. I know that not happening in this pack which feels like a huge missed opportunity. But maybe the new lot can be used to build on in future packs.

Same and also hotels.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

2 story units were shown in the build trailer on Twitter that first confirmed the 6 unit limit. I doubt 3 or 4 story would be restricted.

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    There’s so much I want to have a look at that it’s kinda hard to make a priority list! :D But the animal sanctuary and gardens are big things for me, though I have a feeling that the livestream will be mostly apartment gameplay.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I want to learn how a landlord can administrate off lot rentals, if possible. I also want to learn the difference between the "shared unit" and the part of the lot that was not assigned a unit.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    There’s so much I want to have a look at that it’s kinda hard to make a priority list! :D But the animal sanctuary and gardens are big things for me, though I have a feeling that the livestream will be mostly apartment gameplay.

This is why they need a 3hr stream. My worry is if they don't cover everything is that the EA Game Changers may overlook the lesser known things like the Animal Sanctuary and Gardens.

• Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Definitely the animal sanctuary, the gardens, and how the night market works. Focusing on the multi-lot ownership, how does it work as a landlord who doesn't work on the lot.

Like a quick glimpse at the world with lot sizes and stuff but the game changers who have built for the new world are going to do their own videos on YT for those lots. So we don't need to focus on that as much in the live stream.

Also just a bit of CAS but not the focal point.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

This is why they need a 3hr stream. My worry is if they don't cover everything is that the EA Game Changers may overlook the lesser known things like the Animal Sanctuary and Gardens.

I don't think anyone will overlook them if there is something interesting to them. They made a lot of fuss about the Dreadhorse cave in Horse Ranch and it turned out to be a rabbithole, so hopefully, them being quiet so far about these features is because they maybe want to reveal them during the live stream.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    When is the live stream>? Thanks. Margaret. B)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    When is the live stream>? Thanks. Margaret. B)

We don't know yet, but the guess is early December. Maybe Friday 1st.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers!

I would love to see spiral staircases, i feel that they
    would fit this pack. Thanks :)
  • Options
    bizuktag wrote: »

2 story units were shown in the build trailer on Twitter that first confirmed the 6 unit limit. I doubt 3 or 4 story would be restricted.

@bizuktag thank you so much! I don’t have Twitter, only the forums and discord.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It would be nice to see:
    12 or more lots ;)
    The mysterious beautiful building being a playable building :*
    A turn off toggle for eviction & mold :s
    An ability to have more than one shared common room for the apartment lots :p
    An extension from 8 to 12 households per home :)
    A new fight burglar interaction :D
    Property Owners (Landlords) don't have to live in property :)
    A Landlord Career ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It would be nice to see:
    12 or more lots ;)
    A Landlord Career ;)

Well it will kind of be like a career, as you will probably want to check up on your residents, fix things and such, you pick who you want as residents too. And you do get paid the rent. I know I have a sim that DJ’s at nightclubs, and I consider that his career, he gets paid……
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    Premade sims, all cringe interactions and also rental area loading and how it actually works. Bonus points if we get to see what inactive rental units look like through a window
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited November 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It would be nice to see:
    12 or more lots ;)
    A Landlord Career ;)

That would be a great update. I was thinking the same when the pack was announced. Unfortunately some guru confirmed we can have up to 8 family members per unit. Let's hope this can be changed at some point. Or at least make pets their own category and not count towards the sims limit.
  • Options
    I asked the gurus on Twitter today but I doubt they'll answer but what I'm hoping to find out is if there are any normal rental lots there for sims who want to vacation there and not live there. The world is small so I hope they placed one or two normal rental lots.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    most of all though: I want to see For Rent livestream :sweat_smile: I wish we got official information on when the livestream is gonna be and if its on twitch and youtube both and how long it is
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    most of all though: I want to see For Rent livestream :sweat_smile: I wish we got official information on when the livestream is gonna be and if its on twitch and youtube both and how long it is

I sure hope it's on YouTube.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I want to see the wildlife sanctuary, but to be honest, seeing as we haven't seen even a glimpse in either trailer, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. It's for sure going to be a rabbit hole. I wanted to see some new animals! :'(