Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the For Rent Livestream?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Hopefully The Sims Team will see this thread and show atleast some of the stuff that you mention.

What I'd like to see

1)Gameplay were you're the tenant.
2)Tomarang along with Lot Sizes and the Premade Townies and they're home.
3)The Animal Sanctuary even if it's a rabbithole and how it works.
4)The Botanical Gardens.
5)Buy Build Items
6)A tour of the premade apartments would be cool.
7)The New Pool Floats. I sure hope Maxis has added some donut floats.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2023
    An elevator, would save up space but if not won’t be the end of the world
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
  • Options
    An elevator, would save up space but if not won’t be the end of the work

Yes I'm hoping to see new elevators.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited November 2023
    1. World (map and visiting different lots
    lot sizes, where premade families live etc.)
    2. any gameplay we didn't see in trailers
    3. just in general how the apartments function when you play in them and when in build mode and manage worlds and so forth
    4. how the mold etc works and if theres like lot challenges or toggles or something for apartments
    5. maybe some b/b and cas
    6. surprise dragon
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'd like to see how all of the new features work with the existing apartments in San Myshuno.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    In addition to how play works as a tenant, I'd also like to see how converting an existing build works. It seems simple enough, but I'd still like to see it in action with, for example, the Roomies house, because I'm not clear on how shared space differs from undesignated space.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I'd like to see the different ways that Sims can "choose" an apartment or be placed in them, and I'd like to see how the apartment "rules" (traits? Anti-traits?) work and if we can still use any of the current lot traits.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh, also, if we can build new apartments up on the penthouse areas of San Myshuno! That would rock!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited November 2023
    I hope to see
    - apartments as housing instead of gameplay. Please let us move in sims from manage world and don't have them move out on their own. Give us the freedom to choose who lives there.
    - any changes to neighbourhood stories?
    - is there a npc landlord if we don't create one? Are the water heater and fuse box a required item?
    - more apartment rules : individual rules to disallow each occult and rules to allow only occults
    - lot traits per apartment unit? The screenshot in the gameplay trailer looks like this is a thing
    - ways to turn off the mold
    - botanical garden : after the fake green house in the magic realm and the arboretum in San sequoia that doesn't do anything, I really hope there is gameplay with the botanical garden.
    - world map with all lots and lot sizes
    - a beach lot in the new world
    - more info on the night market. Is it a festival or will it be there every day
    - pet dragons (one can only hope ;) but they would have been shown by now )

The bold part makes the difference between buy at release or wait for a sale.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    As always, I'm mostly interested in getting a better look at the new world.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Have they said when the livestream is? I’ve not seen anything mentioned
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    No date yet for the livestream.

I'm interested in how the common/shared spaces work. Especially gardens.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Show the apartment screens. How it looks like in build mode, how is looks like in Manage Worlds. What is Home Unit and other buttons.

What is the limit of households you can move into there?

And most importantly: what is the cheat for unlimited units?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    edited November 2023
    I want to see while our sims are in their own apartments, a sim trying to break into someone else's apartment. I'm just more curious if thats something only controlled sims could do😅
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would like to see the world, the botanical gardens and the sanctuary, hope to see live tigers, not just statues of them. Also would be nice if they clarified if there will be new boats for our sims to ride on. Would also like to see more of the night market.
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'd like to see how all of the new features work with the existing apartments in San Myshuno.

This.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited November 2023
    - Show me sims from different households mingling in the community spaces! I want that feature back so badly.

- Show if pets can prowl shared space.

- Show sims visit a residential rental - what can they see/access?

- What are the limits of building? For example can I move a fence around a pre-existing farm in Henford, call it a residential rental and assign it an owner? That would be neat.

- Can (and if so, how) I assign units land so that my sims can grow plants or keep chickens? I'm thinking a row of crofter families here.

- How many residental rentals can a single landlord own? Does the landlord need to purchase it or do we just assign one?

- How often come bills in again? The lease length info was not clear on this.

- Furnishing. Can we rent unfurnished? What happens to the star rating in this case? How does buying my own furniture affect star rating? Does my rent suddenly go up just because I bought my own sofa? Are tenants allowed to sell kitchen/bathroom fixtures? How about upgrading?

- Can I move in my tenants even if the requirements are not fulfilled? The tenant searcher thingie lists beds as requirement. When I play the landlord and rent to townies, that makes sense. But when I want my own sims to be the tenants, they want to bring their own beds, naturally. If I have to place an alibi bed, may I at least sell or destroy it when playing the tenant?

- If the landlord or the neighbors take an object, where does this object go? In Sims 2 burglars kept the stuff they took, so we had a chance to reclaim unique objects (I got the rare coin from the pirate ship stolen once and ever since I'm NOT a fan of burglars anymore).

- How does eviction work? Can I evict a tenant if they misbehaved in a way according to my lore, but not violated the tenant agreement?

- Will the system respect played sims status? Played sims should not move in or out on their own, evict sims or get evicted.

- To what extent can I add new rules and/or adjust fines?
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    What I really want to see:

- Build/Buy.
    - How to move sims into residential rentals.
    - How the outside of residential rentals work. Ex: can we edit them even after our sims have moved in & can we have separate fenced in backyards & patios?
    - How mailboxes work on residential lots.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited November 2023
    - What are the limits of building? For example can I move a fence around a pre-existing farm in Henford, call it a residential rental and assign it an owner? That would be neat.

- Can (and if so, how) I assign units land so that my sims can grow plants or keep chickens? I'm thinking a row of crofter families here.

I think you assign units by selecting room so if the area can't be selected as room it can't be specific unit mayhaps it'll just be shared space

then again you could split the yard for example by making sure that only door to the yard is through certain room/unit or something = other sims can't walk there cause they can't use door
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think you assign units by selecting room so if the area can't be selected as room it can't be specific unit mayhaps it'll just be shared space

then again you could split the yard for example by making sure that only door to the yard is through certain room/unit or something = other sims can't walk there cause they can't use door

I wonder if you can assign any room, even if not enclosed fully? For example, can you assign an open-air porch that just has railings and an opening for stairs? The downside would be that other sims couldn't get to your front door, because the porch would presumably be off-limits, but I do wonder if it's possible.

I hope to see some confirmation that we can move a landlord in to a property, move specific families in to units on the lot, and then never play as the landlord but still communicate with them for rent payments, complaints, etc. Basically I want it to be a step up from City Living, where your landlord is un-chooseable and un-playable. I think it will work, given everything we've seen so far, but I've learned to expect last-minute disappointments lol. Hopefully if it isn't set up like this by default, mods will fix that.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

This is what I’m planning on doing. I just hope that we can easily edit the outside if we want to.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Yes, I would love that too. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    I linked this thread to TheSims on X/Twitter.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to see some of the new premade apartments that will be included in our libraries.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wonder if we’ll catch anything that’ll come through a BG patch
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I really want to know what the neighboring units will look like in live mode - in City Living you just get the blocks, so curious to see how these will work. I really want to see if outdoor yard space can be designated as part of a unit and how that would look during gameplay.