Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Thanks @EgonVM!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    Watching the trailer again I love the details like protests, repossession, the exterminator,all the grime details I hope we can interact with and clean or repair, the roaches!! I know we got roaches in overflowing trash work ecolifesyle but I hope they expand on it.
    I rarely ever get to see them and sims tend to clean up a lot. Maybe I need more slob sims lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Definitely things I like in that trailer, but I wish there would have been something about how to move in people if you don't own the house, as you do with the apartments you have in City Living. For the most part I'll want non-owned apartment units.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Definitely things I like in that trailer, but I wish there would have been something about how to move in people if you don't own the house, as you do with the apartments you have in City Living. For the most part I'll want non-owned apartment units.

They already confirmed that we don't have to be the landlord to play in apartment units, so maybe we just get the option to move in like for San Myshuno apartments.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Rewatching the trailer, I do wonder one thing:

What is a Home Unit?

Judging from the square shaped box, I guess you can make multiple units home units. But what does ticking it do?

My guess is that Home Units are units where you can move households in, while non-Home Units are units where non-playable tenants move into and out from through gameplay.

But could someone ask that on TwitterX? And what is the max limit for Home Units?
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    In the opening shot of the trailer there are 6 sims, 5 adults and a child all together in a photo! <3<3<3
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2023
    Two things that caught my eye from the gameplay trailer:

1) It appears you can set lot traits/challenges per unit, rather than per lot. Would love for this to be the case!

2) It looks like you assign any built areas (such as rooms) to a unit via the unit drop-down. A little hard to tell from the trailer, but it may be possible to assign non-connected rooms to the same unit? That would be a great way to, for example, give each unit its own separate garage in a garage block, give each unit its own space for bee boxes/insect farms/chicken coops amongst a shared rooftop, or give each unit its own separate gardening space in a large garden allotment.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited November 2023

My only concern after watching the trailer and it is already addressed. :) I like the first look at all the customisation options.

Edit : just saw the correction. :# So what does happen at the end of the lease length? Is it possible to rent a unit indefinitely? Can we move in a sim and have this sim live there until we as the player decide to move them?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited November 2023
    Just watched the gameplay trailer. It’s giving me hope for hotels and hopefully multi-purpose lots (commercial and residential on one lot) in the future.

I want my sims to live above a seedy diner in San Myshuno.

I’m curious to know what “home lot” means in the options panel.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »

My only concern after watching the trailer and it is already addressed. :) I like the first look at all the customisation options.

Edit : just saw the correction. :# So what does happen at the end of the lease length? Is it possible to rent a unit indefinitely? Can we move in a sim and have this sim live there until we as the player decide to move them?

I feel like the correction was made to the first part (how often the tenants pay rent), but not to the second part. So no worries here, I hope.

Though agreed, the wording in the correction is confusing. Really, what does she mean by "break their lease without paying additional fees"?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Really, what does she mean by "break their lease without paying additional fees"?

Sounds like there's an early cancellation fee that your sim can occur if they decide to break the lease at any time before it's set to expire (for example if they decide to move out before the lease is up).
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

I can't stand roaches!... but I'm excited for little details like this in the game. I'm hoping it can happen on any lot, not just apartments. Bonus if cats can hunt the bugs too. My husbands cat is the best roach hunter in this house but sometimes she gets distracted and would rather keep them alive to play with. :mask:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    edited November 2023
    summer '25 your aspiring landlords might own a couple of very expensive bottles to celebrate with. If not, better start getting those bare little pixel feet dirty! 😆

Nonono, my future landlord needs all degrees from UNI first.. Foxbury is more familiar to me than my own flat o.O
    She believes in high education.

Maybe after all that she is skilled enough to run an old trailer park in Strangerville. o:)

Only if she got her mixology degree as well >:)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I don't like roaches IRL, but in Sims they are fun.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I've been expecting loading screens the whole time so whether they're there or not won't bother me lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    I've been expecting loading screens the whole time so whether they're there or not won't bother me lol

Same. And mine are so fast I hardly have time to say "cat"...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    greydonn wrote: »

Same. I properly set my own expectations for a lot of things so that way I can’t be disappointed, only surprised 🤭
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My sims hardly visit anyone else, so honestly it doesn’t to me if there’s a loading screen. As long as I got apartments and sims living there
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I really like the system to select units. looks simple and reminds me of how to select things for dine out with the settings extension. Also found the tenant application screen really cool.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Just watched the gameplay trailer. It’s giving me hope for hotels and hopefully multi-purpose lots (commercial and residential on one lot) in the future.

I want my sims to live above a seedy diner in San Myshuno.

I’m curious to know what “home lot” means in the options panel.

I think home unit is where the owner lives. Like when the guy on the tape said they didn't have to pay anymore and then the drop down came out for units. Plus it showed changing rent to be 0 for their family member who wasn't in the main household. I think you probably can't have multiple home units, but you could easily make once place that is full of other $0 rentals for family.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Roaches are not new right? We have them both in Eco Living and City Living with different mechanics IIRC
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Roaches are not new right? We have them both in Eco Living and City Living with different mechanics IIRC

You're correct... I haven't played in a TLC apartment in a long time so I kinda forgot about it.
    Cockroaches return in City Living, and are found in apartments with the special "Needs TLC" lot trait. They will randomly appear on certain locations in the apartment and Sims will react to them and when they do, they gain a tense moodlet. Sims can try to obliterate or exterminate the cockroaches by themselves, but it can possibly make the pest even worse. They can also call the landlord to fix it, which is always a success. They may also swarm the trash container Receptacle of Debrises, and the action, "Try to clear roaches" becomes available. Sims will stomp on the roaches, and become Angry from Infestation Frustration.
    via https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Cockroaches
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/