Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2023 is the last year thats sims is the only life simulation

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
Due to fact aleast plan several life sims games will be released next year.Lifr by you,vivaland,and now Inzoi.It occurs to me this will be last year that sims will be the only life simulation game.

It's not sad and more completion the better.Its just a thought and we have give them credit the sims are the one who created this genra

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited November 2023
    I love the options. Graphics of IZ are my favorite, the customization and modding of LBY stands out, and the personality/relationship/job systems in the PL Patreon posts are phenomenal.

Haven't seen enough of PR to be thrilled. My excitement has waned.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    It's a good thing. More choices for everyone. What I like best about all these new games popping up is that hopefully it will motivate the Sims team to produce the best version of the next iteration of the Sims.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'm curious if more competition will trigger EA corporate to give the Sims Team more money or if, in the future, the franchise will go down the SimCity path.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    I'm curious if more competition will trigger EA corporate to give the Sims Team more money or if, in the future, the franchise will go down the SimCity path.

Here's hoping,I don't blame the sims team for most pf the sims woes.I think if they have a better budget. We would have a better game.
    Due to fact aleast plan several life sims games will be released next year.Lifr by you,vivaland,and now Inzoi.It occurs to me this will be last year that sims will be the only life simulation game.

It's not sad and more completion the better.Its just a thought and we have give them credit the sims are the one who created this genra

This what I hope too.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Only a little more than 3 months away from Life by You early access going to be so nice to finally be able to fully design a world and not have to decorate around a tiny predesigned world.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I think it's a good thing, but I'm not sure what it could mean for the Sims.

It will be interesting to see the sims community playing different games and I'm hoping we will see some new and fun videos from content creators as well.

But it feels like EA/Maxis have always done their own thing when it comes to this franchise but now we will have games that will actually compete with it. No games have really scratched that "sims" itch, but these new games might just do that.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    It seems like the games might divide the audience, and that's not a bad thing. Each game has its pros and cons, and each seems to focus on a different portion of the players. The Sims seems to be focused on younger players and those new to the genre. That may be their niche.

Competition is always a great thing for the market, because when monopolies are broken up, the companies need to think creatively about how to keep attracting more buyers. It's happened before and I am so excited for it to happen again. Doubtless EA will rethink its strategy going forward, and may change their selling tactics closer to Project Rene's release date. So we'll all have to wait with the popcorn to watch the show.

I hope the You-Tubers aren't pressured to sign up with one company or another and then threatened to not say anything positive about their competitors, or else... That sort of thing can happen, but I hope it doesn't. I know the Sims already has their network set up, but I've seen a few of them actually post videos reacting to Life By You, and it's not what I would expect if EA had already issued such a threat. Hopefully any You-Tubers can be boosted by a confidence to say "NO," to anyone who does try this. They are providing, most of the time free advertisement, for the companies. The promise of free games and packs may be hard to say no to, but together, I hope they can be strong. B)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

There are only so many players interested in Life Simulations (and that are not that many if you compare to other genres. For example, the subcribers of the official youtube channels: The Sims 1.83 million subscribers <-> EA Sports 5.05 million subscribers.)

And there is only so much money these players can spend on life simulations.

So imo everyone will have less. Maybe a few new players show interest. But there won't be that many either. Not enough to make them all rich.
    I fear the Sims will have less money to make good content too. And I don't think EA will shove much money to The Sims to save them.

And I often feel they are not really interested to create good content for us. I feel they milk us.
    Like all the supernaturals and pets in Sims 3 were in one pack. Not in the Sims 4.
    Apartments in City Living and in For Rent -.-
    For each little bit we have to pay (a lot).
    Why are the expansions so expensive? (40€/$) When it is possible to create amazing new games with a completely new gigantic (open) worlds and amazing gameplay like Hogwarts Legacy or Baldur's Gate 3 for 60€/$?

What I wonder about:
    After 23 years The Sims being (almost) the only (sucessful) life simulation.
    Why do they all start now to develop competitors? Why not earlier?
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    Other alternatives will only catch my interest if they are available on Mac, since I only have that and nothing else. To be honest, I would really appreciate any kind of possibility to bring the characters of my stories I am writing "to life" but I am not going to buy myself a Playstation or Windows computer just to play one or even two games on it and that's it.
    So I hope, the competition forces EA to stick with the Sims and offer good expansions in the future.
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    Yeah, it's definitely a good thing that The Sims will be finally getting some competition. Out of all of the upcoming life simulations, inZOI is my favorite. πŸ’–
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    β™₯ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around β™₯
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The problem with all these wannabe Sims competitors is that so far we get nothing else but previews and announcements and announcements and previews. In the meantime, Paralives looks older than Sims 2.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

What I wonder about:

It could be because we didn't really have the technology but I also think that games similar to the sims or games that offer these kind of experiences have become more popular.

5-10 years ago you couldn't really justify making a game with life simulator features or customization, house-building or creating relationships because there was not a lot of successful games that did that. But since then there have been more people interested in these kind of features with successful games like Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, Valheim, Minecraft, Roblox etc. And even different types of games like action-adventure games likes to include the ability for you to customize your home with different furniture and things like that.
  • Options
    Even elder scrolls have the ability gor you to get married and adopt children
  • Options
    logion wrote: Β»

What I wonder about:

It could be because we didn't really have the technology but I also think that games similar to the sims or games that offer these kind of experiences have become more popular.

5-10 years ago you couldn't really justify making a game with life simulator features or customization, house-building or creating relationships because there was not a lot of successful games that did that. But since then there have been more people interested in these kind of features with successful games like Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, Valheim, Minecraft, Roblox etc. And even different types of games like action-adventure games likes to include the ability for you to customize your home with different furniture and things like that.

Also gaming environment is more common than it was 10-15 years ago.Games are not as niche they were.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd say the weakness of Sims 4 and its endless limitations made these companies see the open spot because Sims 4 excluded a huge portion of the fan base. Games like Minecraft that let you build every single detail of your world are popular for a reason we went from create your own world in Sims 2 and 3 to here's your tiny predesigned world in which you can change nothing but what inside 12 lots or less.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 180 Member
    It's great to see many options popping up!
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yeah I guess it was about time the Sims get serious competition. I mean it won't hurt having more options. My money is always open for new and innovative games.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This is most def what we all know TS needs: actual competition. Clearly, EA has been profiting tremendously off the fact that no rivals existed and if we wanted this type of gameplay we could either take what they offered or nothing.

Given who's working on it I am most interested in LBY, closely followed by PL and Inzoi. I just really hope one of them's gonna give us the sims game we actually want. Because so far my faith in TS5 isn't very high.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I'd say the weakness of Sims 4 and its endless limitations made these companies see the open spot because Sims 4 excluded a huge portion of the fan base. Games like Minecraft that let you build every single detail of your world are popular for a reason we went from create your own world in Sims 2 and 3 to here's your tiny predesigned world in which you can change nothing but what inside 12 lots or less.

This!!
  • Options
    SimSylSimSyl Posts: 17 Member
    More competition and options is definitely a good thing for us players. Regardless if we find a new favorite game in one of the new life sims, or EA makes sure to give us better content in the Sims franchise as a result, we'll be the ones winning, tbh. I still need to check out these new life sims better, though, and see if one of them is appealing to me! Sometimes it's hard to imagine myself playing something similar to the Sims but that isn't the Sims, but I definitely would be more than excited to try another life sim if I saw people loving it <3
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    And yet none of them seem interested in adding any of the fun or whimsy that The Sims has. Just the boring realities of life. I sincerely hope having competition does not push The Sims franchise even further into the realms of reality.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I fear that competition might kill The Sims off entirely. I mean they're not really delivering the same quality or variety previous Sims games had. How likely is it they will suddenly offer more while earning less due to competition?
    Competition ist good for those players wanting to move on to another LifeSim. I'd personally rather see the Sims franchise thrive again.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited December 2023
    Which would require a change in underlying philosophy to one more akin to that extant in the prior versions. Not all issues can be traced to Olympus.