Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    Not exactly a negative comment but why do they keep evading the "how many families per lot" questionnnnnnnnnnnnnn they even went out of their way to say "we can't answer this yet" aaaaaaaa I hope there's a good reason for this but the fact they can't straight up answer or say something along the lines of "don't worry" is far from reassuring, having few families could potentially be a deal breaker not gonna lie

Makes me think that it might still be a work in progress. Like they’re still testing to see how many residents per lot the system can handle.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Not exactly a negative comment but why do they keep evading the "how many families per lot" questionnnnnnnnnnnnnn they even went out of their way to say "we can't answer this yet" aaaaaaaa I hope there's a good reason for this but the fact they can't straight up answer or say something along the lines of "don't worry" is far from reassuring, having few families could potentially be a deal breaker not gonna lie

I would like to know too. If it's bad (very limited) they better tell us now so we don't get our hopes up. If it is good (very high limit or no limit) people can get even more excited about the pack. EA has nothing to loose in giving away this essential answer now, on the contrary.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

I usually worry when they give that kind of evasive answer - it's almost always followed by a disappointing answer, and then a quick re-direct ("We're going to allow 2 families - for this pack we really wanted to focus on the deep gameplay and meaningful relationships you can form with your neighbors").

In this case, the trailer showed 12 sims on an apartment lot on two separate occasions. Hard to know if that's the real limit or just staged for the trailer.

I'm curious to know how the household limit - if there is one - will go hand in hand with the sim limit. Since a household can be anywhere from 1 to 8 sims, it feels like the household limit will depend more on how many sims can live there - if the limit is 12, can we have up to 12 single-person households?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Its interesting because for the first time in a while the first trailer for a TS4 pack has me interested in maybe playing the game again! But i do have some concerns, so I will post them here.

1. the elephant in the room. literally. the animal sanctuary, will it be a rabbithole? :D this could be a really great time for them to introduce small terrarium pets such as birds and snakes (like ts3 has and that I adore).
    2. The market: in theory, it sounds really cool, but what will make these market stalls function slightly different from all the others we have and offer a new fun experience? Reused features is very tiresome, new little added functions is very appreciated and needed.
    3. The water. I love love love tropical worlds and usable ocean. But we haven't gotten a single new water activity since IL, which is such an old EP. A new water activity or even a new styled boat that can fit 2-4 sims is like, needed at this point lol. This game is 10 years old, like :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    PandoraTO wrote: »

Makes me think that it might still be a work in progress. Like they’re still testing to see how many residents per lot the system can handle.

Possibly, it's difficult to have a lot of sims on the same lot, you often need to have a lot of different items around so sims don't get stuck using the same items. So I'm not sure how that would work with you restricting them to different apartments.

It will be interesting to see how these sims will behave too, the roommates in discover university were terrible at taking care of their own needs and one of the reasons why was because they all had hidden traits that made them play violin or do other different things.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Cringe caters to trolling and so gen Z language. Like I find most of the aspects of the pack, breaking and entering, blackmailing, extorting, black mole, quite unpleasant. How is this the marketing strategy?
    It's like trolling simmers for buying whatever they put out.

IMO, TS4 desperately needs some things like this. The game is very inconsequential and has way less drama than the previous game iterations. This type of stuff can really add some exciting dramatic gameplay. It would be nice though if there is a toggle button for those who do not want to use these features.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    cringe is usually used to describe someone who invokes cringe feelings like a gen zer would say This person is cringe or being cringe or a cringelord.

I know I'm in the wrong group if I have to consult with the urban dictionary to follow, (my mind always notes):

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cringe

Cringe
    When someone acts/ or is so embarrassing or awkward , it makes you feel extemely ashamed and/or embarrassed.
    "Hey that guy over there is cringy"
    "Are you kidding Francis is the definition of cringe!"

I’ve never heard anyone say “cringe lord” that itself is cringe. lol at generalizing
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I decided to look up when cringe began. A lot longer than I thought! I asked the computer AI and found it started circa 1200 from Old English word, cringan which meant "yield, give way, or fall in battle, become bent." In the 1570s it was defined as "to bend or crouch, especially with servility or fear". Never would have thought the word was that old! The information was from a site, etymonline.com
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I've heard and even said "cringelord" a lot lol

I'm a bit concerned over the botanical garden and animal sanctuary. I know the focus is on the rental aspect and fair enough but I'd like to hear more about everything else.

And I'm happy with the new traits having a lot of specific animations, but I hope it's not ALL animations.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

It's probably just been set aside for a later blog post and trailer about how the system works. I wouldn't read anything into it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think they are avoiding the question on how many per lot because the answer isn’t what the community wants will want to hear.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think they are avoiding the question on how many per lot because the answer isn’t what the community wants will want to hear.

In the trailer, at 0:33 seconds, you can see the big mailbox, and it has 36 individual mailboxes. Maybe that answers our question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPZtVbVIT8&t=33s
  • Options
    They don’t usually answer the big questions so early from the announcements, usually around gameplay trailers
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    In the trailer, at 0:33 seconds, you can see the big mailbox, and it has 36 individual mailboxes. Maybe that answers our question.
    Dare we hope? That would be amazing, but seems too good to be true. :/

HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2023
    Posted in the wrong thread. :p
    No new concerns at the moment, other than wondering how this is all going to work.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023

I suspect it will be like the High School lockers and not all of them will useable. That being said... aren't about half of the lockers useable? If this follows the same model and we can have 18 sims (or somewhere in the 16-20 range), that would be plenty as far as I am concerned. 4 apartments with 4 sims each, or 6 with around 3 each, is probably past the limits of what I would even personally use, and should still allow for some of the more creative uses I've seen other people talk about, like magical boarding schools. I actually hope it's more like 16-18, since that would still allow for walk-by sims, the neighborhood welcoming party, etc., without negatively impacting performance too much (hopefully).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I suspect it will be like the High School lockers and not all of them will useable. That being said... aren't about half of the lockers useable? If this follows the same model and we can have 18 sims (or somewhere in the 16-20 range), that would be plenty as far as I am concerned. 4 apartments with 4 sims each, or 6 with around 3 each, is probably past the limits of what I would even personally use, and should still allow for some of the more creative uses I've seen other people talk about, like magical boarding schools. I actually hope it's more like 16-18, since that would still allow for walk-by sims, the neighborhood welcoming party, etc., without negatively impacting performance too much (hopefully).

Even if they allow for 36, there is no need to add them all if it impacts the game's performance. I have feeling that finding your playable sims' mailbox among all the others will be tricky, I never know which mailbox belongs to my sim the San Myshuno apartments and there are a lot less than here. :lol: Wonder if sims will be able to steal mail since they will be snooping, breaking in, and bribing and stuff.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I know some people wish for no loading screens between apartments, so they can have that open world feel, but I would still like to have that option for the loading scenes in apartments we build. So, if there’s an option in settings to select whether to have loading screens for apartment units or not, I would appreciate that.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    JBc9Bmx.jpg

I know it looks like there are a lot of mailboxes included here, but if you look closely, you can see that the image is mostly a flat texture. If you look at the third row down, the second box and sixth box have different edges to all of the boxes around them, which suggests they may have a 3D component and actually open.

I would guess tenants all use a couple shared slots and collect mail that is unique to them, rather than having a unique mailbox assigned. I would be shocked if any more than a few of these mailboxes have an animation, less even than the HS lockers.

I also think the number of 'interactable' mailboxes is about performance and doesn't reflect the limit of sims/households.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited November 2023
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I know some people wish for no loading screens between apartments, so they can have that open world feel, but I would still like to have that option for the loading scenes in apartments we build. So, if there’s an option in settings to select whether to have loading screens for apartment units or not, I would appreciate that.

I don't know whether it's possible or likely, but I would personally like it to be more like the TS2 apartments: no loading screens, but, the other apartments are not active unless you knock on the door to visit. It was very much like the way it is now when you visit another residential lot; after you get past the loading screen and you are on the lot, you can access everything outside, but you can't actually see or enter the home until you knock on the door.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Even if they allow for 36, there is no need to add them all if it impacts the game's performance. I have feeling that finding your playable sims' mailbox among all the others will be tricky, I never know which mailbox belongs to my sim the San Myshuno apartments and there are a lot less than here. :lol: Wonder if sims will be able to steal mail since they will be snooping, breaking in, and bribing and stuff.

True enough, I'm just skeptical that they would go as high as 36.

As for finding your sims mailbox, maybe it will just access your sim's information whenever you click anywhere on the object.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member

@SnaveXs I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to your preferences, but why do you want loading screens?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPZtVbVIT8&t=33s

Huge doubt
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Such a pet peeve that they made such a huge mailbox when not all the mailboxes are usable. It doesnt make any sense, just make a smaller one..
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

@SnaveXs I'm not suggesting you aren't entitled to your preferences, but why do you want loading screens?

I’m a rotational player and tend to micromanage my sims. I plan to play with 4-plex and 8-plex apartments. I would rather not have a bunch of objects loaded for performance reasons. I don’t mind sims coming out of their apartment units to handle business and interact with my active household, though, like they do with City Living in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »

I’m a rotational player and tend to micromanage my sims. I plan to play with 4-plex and 8-plex apartments. I would rather not have a bunch of objects loaded for performance reasons. I don’t mind sims coming out of their apartment units to handle business and interact with my active household, though, like they do with City Living in San Myshuno.

Exactly, imagine with all the fridges, stoves, computers, tvs. No thank you