Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the new cry for the newborns? What do you think?

JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
I know I'm late to the party, but this is the first time my sim has had a baby since the newborns were updated (and infants added). There are so many of the changes that I absolutely love. Like how you can change their clothes, or how kids can interact with them more, and the fact that parents now finally wake up when there is a crying baby in the room!!! No more sitting there eyeing the icon to see if it turns blue in the middle of the night.

But why in the world have they changed the sound of the crying??? Am I the only one who thinks it sound like a wheeny adult saying AJ (the Swedish word for ouch) over and over? It sound entirely unnatural and nothing like a baby's cry (whereas the old one was just fine).

Now that's only my opinion, but what do you think?
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Why the new cry for the newborns? What do you think? 37 votes

I hate it too - bring back the old sound!
24%
83bienchenjoleacoLenny_OggKyreRoenBooDaBoo5SeashoreLiviaJALLoLyChupaPandoraTO 9 votes
The old one was better, but I don't hate it.
0%
I couldn't care one way or the other.
70%
WedrhaliusMariefoxprice83simgirl1010SavorySageSimplyJenFreddyFox1234benson2006Ninja-Dan22becks1112MejraTheaEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7thatsnotswegInuMiroLoverSERVERFRALady_BalloraSimAlexandriaSimmingalKimmer 26 votes
I love this new one! Keep it!
5%
kokoro80DaWaterRat 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I honestly dislike both just as much as each other, but that might be becuase I've just had to deal with triplets :| The baby crying sound is very grating when you have 3!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,058 Member
    Triplets would likely make any baby crying grating :D Luckily babies do stop crying at some time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

What annoys me the most is that they waste time and money on such useless stuff when the whole game is lacking 😱
    They are so far behind of what we had in Sims 3 in 5 years and they think it's necessary to fix the baby cry 👶

e4716312b7aedf48f6264991d085ced6a2cf849b.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I didn’t even realize they changed the crying sound. Is there a video where one can easily compare the pre update babies to the post update Newborns?
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    What annoys me the most is that they waste time and money on such useless stuff when the whole game is lacking 😱
    They are so far behind of what we had in Sims 3 in 5 years and they think it's necessary to fix the baby cry 👶

e4716312b7aedf48f6264991d085ced6a2cf849b.jpg

This.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    I can’t remember how they used to sound but the new cry doesn’t bother me at all.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Other: I find them both horrible. Get rid of them and record a real baby, not an adult trying to sound like one for the microphone.

And while we're at it, please do the same thing with all the other living creatures in the game that aren't adult humans. The little sheep's sound didn't fool me for one second.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 444 Member
    The old sound was shrill and unnatural and made my ears bleed. But the new sound is like a parrot mimicking a newborn human… but also, the parrot is on fire. I haaaaaate it!

And I’m doing a 100 baby challenge! :'( Only 59 more screeching newborns to go…
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I love this new one! Keep it!
    I found the old cry actually painful. Like, I'd turn down the sound in my game if I didn't want to age the baby up right away, because it bothered me so much, and if the parents already had a decent parenting score, they'd get aged up instantly, because I could not stand it.

The new one may be more toon-ish, but it doesn't make me hate having newborns/infants in my game, and I'm much more willing to play with them.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    I didn’t even realize they changed the crying sound. Is there a video where one can easily compare the pre update babies to the post update Newborns?

I didn't notice they'd changed it either. The sound of a crying baby annoys me either way. :D
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I always play with the sound muted so I have no idea what any of them sound like haha
  • Options
    LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    I find it sooo weird ! x)
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Didn't even notice.