Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS AUGUST 25TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,398 EA Community Manager
FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS AUGUST 25TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul everyone!

It's Friday again, August is almost over and autumn is slowly approaching - which means it's finally time to put up my Halloween decorations! Have you started decorating yet, or picked out a costume? What are you planning to dress up as? I think I'll be Bonehilda this year...

Did you catch this week's update?
  • Tuesday brought us a new Sims Delivery Express drop to get your Sim's ready to go back to school with new backpacks, lunchboxes, bathroom doors and lot signs!
  • Howdy, EA_Cade here as EA_Solaire refuses to toot her own horn, but I assure you that I have no such issue with horn tooting. Thursday, we celebrated the upcoming Women's Equality Day over on AHQ here, I want to again give the biggest of shout outs to all of the wonderful and talented women that work on The Sims and around the globe. /horn tooted

tbld25om8o5z.jpg
Skeleton ski vacation, posted here, by @Daephene

And now it's time to slip and slide into this week's highlights!

• In honor of the official start of spooky season, let's get our week kicked off with this discussion about my absolute favorite Cottage Living feature, the killer bunny 🐇☠️ If you're not familiar with this cheat, it allows you to select a victim Sim and kill them off with a vicious rabbit, much like everyone's favorite scene in Monty Python & the Holy Grail. But proceed with caution or you may accidentally dispose of the wrong Sim... Just like @kiwi84, I've made this grave mistake before - during my 3rd generation of my most recent Legacy Challenge, I had just infiltrated the Landgraab family and married Geoffrey for all his money. Since he was no longer needed, I planned to get rid of him using the bunny, but little did I know the current active Sim would be targeted by the rabbit rather than the Sim you clicked on. So Geoffrey was left there alive and well, with all his money, and my Legacy Challenge was over. So have you made a similar mistake with the assassin hare? Share all your unfortunate mishaps with us!
  • Next week The Sims 4 is turning 9 years old, and to celebrate it's birthday, the wonderful @simgirl1010 is hosting yet another giveaway! If you're looking for a chance to win either Horse Ranch or Growing Together, make sure you enter as this giveaway will be closing on September 1st. If you've ever been curious about what your real life aspiration would be, make sure to also take the Sims Life Aspiration quiz and share your results - my result was Friend of the Animals, which is incredibly fitting 🐈🥰 Good luck to all who enter, and a huge thanks to @simgirl1010 for everything you do for this lovely community.
  • For this week's build, we've got this stunning sprawling estate based off the 2009 adaptation of Wuthering Heights (which is arguably the best version) built by @_DelilahsRose_. This manor not only perfectly represents the romantic and gothic feel of the novel with the large glass stained windows and ivy covered walls, but the resemblance of the house is uncanny to the mini-series version. If the mansion isn't enough for you, you can also download your own version of Heathcliff and Cathy from @_DelilahsRose_'s Gallery to play out your own version of this classic story - which I'll definitely be doing while I binge watch all 2,000 versions of Wuthering Heights this weekend 😉
  • Up next, how about we play a game? I'm pretty sure we've all played Never Have I Ever at some point in our lives, whether at a sleepover as kids, or at a party as adults - but what about this Sims version started by @manicobsessive? Never have I ever... played the 100 Baby Challenge! As much as I love absolute chaos in my gameplay, this challenge has always looked a bit too tumultuous for me and involves more math than I care for, but since Growing Together and the infants update I've been considering giving it a try. But what things have you never done with The Sims? Maybe you've never resurrected a Sim, or been abducted by aliens? 👻👽 Or maybe there's certain challenges you've never tried, like Rags to Riches? Be sure to join in on this fun little game and tell us all the things you've never done!
  • And to wrap our week up, let's finish off with a new gameplay challenge! The Lone Traveler Legacy, created by @PifflePrincess is a randomized choice challenge where you'll be starting off as a nomad rancher, often moving from camp to camp with your horse and a handful of belongings. Your location, the length of your stay, and source of income are all to be determined from a random number generator. Once a week, you'll also need to roll for a randomized event - which could be anything from a friendly cowboy passing through your camp, to a wild animal attack, or even an outbreak of pneumonia. So do you think you have what it takes to survive and thrive out in the wild west? Give this challenge a go and tell us all about your adventures! 🤠

And that's all for another week! As always, I hope you all stay safe, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming 💚
Till next time!

EA_Solaire
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments