Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there so little wallpaper and flooring in the game even in the expansions?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I think we have options, but we still need basic stuff. Especially bathroom/kitchen half-tiled walls, we barely have any.

Those they added when they added Muslim inspired stuff to the basegame are good, but they ALL have patterns. If only they had given us a few plain colors with white tiles, I’d be using them all the time.

Also basic, medium sized floor tiles like the beige basegame linoleum (that still only has one swatch!!) would be nice.
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    I use so much CC for wallpapers and floors.

It's really annoying that sometimes, with a new release, we might get one or two new wallpapers/floors, but thats it!
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    I'm always astounded by how little there is in terms of carpet. Not only is there not a lot of patterns, but also not many colors.

I have some CC flooring but it's mostly oversaturated compared to the other stuff in the game so I don't like to use it much. (and of course, not an option for console!)

Not to mention the linoleum section - there's, what, 5 patterns and they have like 3 colors each??

I tried and failed to start converting Sims 1 flooring to Sims 4. It's hard!
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Now that we've been given a ton of new swatches for wood and brick floors.... linoleum, carpet, and half-tiled bathroom/kitchen walls with matching tile floors seem to be the categories that are still desperately lacking.

I squealed with delight when we got those retro subway-tiled walls in the high school pack, I use them everywhere but there's only a limited number of swatches to work with.

A kit that's nothing but walls and floors in all the different categories would be a very welcome addition to the game! I'd practically throw my wallet at EA/Maxis for such a kit. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,987 Member
    edited July 2023
    Now that we've been given a ton of new swatches for wood and brick floors.... linoleum, carpet, and half-tiled bathroom/kitchen walls with matching tile floors seem to be the categories that are still desperately lacking.

I squealed with delight when we got those retro subway-tiled walls in the high school pack, I use them everywhere but there's only a limited number of swatches to work with.

A kit that's nothing but walls and floors in all the different categories would be a very welcome addition to the game! I'd practically throw my wallet at EA/Maxis for such a kit. :D

Yes a wall and floor kit would be great!