Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Ha! I saw that right before I headed out to the ranch. I usually muck twice a day (it's easier that way). Thankfully I only have to deal with state 1. :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I saw that there is wants in the new pack and more fears to yay!
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Tru faxs. Horses' favorite flavor is banana.

Mitch also likes the occasional french fry, and has had a small piece of red licorice. And a gummy bear. He also loves watermelon.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2023
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Oh hey! I forgot that next week (the 22nd) is Pony Penning. Gonna be a horsey week for sure!
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    However... I have very weird vibes about the marketing of this pack, from the trailer to social media posts to the livestream itself. I like Joanna and George, and have enjoyed seeing them in the past, but everything about this rollout from day one has seemed very lackluster and has a strange energy to it (again, including things like tweets), to the point that I'm almost worried about the gurus. I don't know, maybe everyone is just exhausted from working down to the wire to perfect the pack, and they will all be nice and rested in a few weeks. Something just seems off to me.

I suspect they just don't want to engage. They're kind of between a rock and a hard place that it seems no matter what they do or they don't do because this isn't everyone's cup of tea. Which is a shame, but I can't blame 'em for that.

Yea I agree. I think they are tired of all the insults and name calling like "lazy" and whatnot. And constant complaints with every pack. Sure there are tons of us who love this game and have fun but they are mostly the quiet players you never hear from.
    The noisy ones are angry all over social media all the time.
    And I think people forget that the devs online presence is OPTIONAL. And they are not obligated to be subjected to mistreatment or disrespect. They engage because they love this game and the community and they do their best to bring us nice things. If they were lazy they would have been fired a long time ago because what job allows that?
    So if they want to take a step back I totally understand and respect whatever their choices are as long as they are happy😌 Our happiness is not all that matters because we have to think of others as well.

But either way I will play the heck out of this pack and enjoy it! I'm already plotting out where my sims are going to live as I study the new map! I'm leaning towards the downtown. I love that they gave us a lot in the area and on the sides of it.

This is my understanding as well. I simply didn't have the energy to type it. This community is toxic a f with constantly shift goal posts. It's no surprise the gurus don't want to engage. What game pack has 13 lots? The gurus have explained in the past that the budget and scale of assets is what determines whether the dlc will be a game pack, expansion pack, stuff pack etc. This is why horse ranch is an expansion pack. At the end of the day ever person has to make their own decision whether to purchase or not. And owe no one an explanation. Do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and spend your money on what you value... Not what some on the internet tells you to do with your money. Some of these individuals have truly let the word "influencer" go to their head.

Edited to add: I'm so excited for the pack. The world is gorgeous. I've planned how my current game will play right into this world. I've thought of how other packs enhance this one and vice versa. I can't wait to add it to my game
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I already bought it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2023
    A couple of other things that caught my eye are how natural the horse's tail movement is, being able to see them eat hay, and their ability to free roam throughout the lot. It was really cute seeing the Sim feed the mini sheep a bottle of milk and his little tail was happily moving back and forth as he drank. Animal bedtime is also important; so, I'm happy the mini animals go to bed when it is dark.

Some things I'm wondering about are:
    • How will horses sleep and will they close their eyes? I'm hoping they close them.
    • If we will actually see them drinking water.
    • Will Sims slip and fall in those big piles of horse poop?
    • Will there be a new emotion after slipping and falling in horse manure?
    • Will they become dirty and need a shower after falling in it?

That is a lot of big piles of horse poop. :#
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    A couple of other things that caught my eye are how natural the horse's tail movement is.

One thing that caught my eye was that the horse didn't arch his tail a little when pooping and it looked like it pooped right through all the tail hair. :neutral:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I love the ear animation maybe the most :) My horses used to "message" with their ears constantly.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 2023
    I don't know if I missed something, but do the mini goats and sheep only eat from a bottle? I must say I don't like it if that's the only way they can be fed. First of all it's gonna be a task and second it seems a bit off since they're not exactly babies?

I really like the main parts of the pack. The horses look super gorgeous and the world is interesting. It's not gonna be as much fun owning a horse in a different world, but on the other hand I have always liked it when a world has something extra. One thing I didn't quite expect is that the dancing seemed really fun! Also loved the entrance to the barn they did in the live stream :D
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    @Hearts4u
    Will Sims slip and fall in those big piles of horse poop?
    Will there be a new emotion after slipping and falling in horse manure?

Oh please let the answer be yes!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited July 2023
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Oh hey! I forgot that next week (the 22nd) is Pony Penning. Gonna be a horsey week for sure!
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    However... I have very weird vibes about the marketing of this pack, from the trailer to social media posts to the livestream itself. I like Joanna and George, and have enjoyed seeing them in the past, but everything about this rollout from day one has seemed very lackluster and has a strange energy to it (again, including things like tweets), to the point that I'm almost worried about the gurus. I don't know, maybe everyone is just exhausted from working down to the wire to perfect the pack, and they will all be nice and rested in a few weeks. Something just seems off to me.

I suspect they just don't want to engage. They're kind of between a rock and a hard place that it seems no matter what they do or they don't do because this isn't everyone's cup of tea. Which is a shame, but I can't blame 'em for that.

Yea I agree. I think they are tired of all the insults and name calling like "lazy" and whatnot. And constant complaints with every pack. Sure there are tons of us who love this game and have fun but they are mostly the quiet players you never hear from.
    The noisy ones are angry all over social media all the time.
    And I think people forget that the devs online presence is OPTIONAL. And they are not obligated to be subjected to mistreatment or disrespect. They engage because they love this game and the community and they do their best to bring us nice things. If they were lazy they would have been fired a long time ago because what job allows that?
    So if they want to take a step back I totally understand and respect whatever their choices are as long as they are happy😌 Our happiness is not all that matters because we have to think of others as well.

But either way I will play the heck out of this pack and enjoy it! I'm already plotting out where my sims are going to live as I study the new map! I'm leaning towards the downtown. I love that they gave us a lot in the area and on the sides of it.

This is my understanding as well. I simply didn't have the energy to type it. This community is toxic a f with constantly shift goal posts. It's no surprise the gurus don't want to engage. What game pack has 13 lots? The gurus have explained in the past that the budget and scale of assets is what determines whether the dlc will be a game pack, expansion pack, stuff pack etc. This is why horse ranch is an expansion pack. At the end of the day ever person has to make their own decision whether to purchase or not. And owe no one an explanation. Do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and spend your money on what you value... Not what some on the internet tells you to do with your money. Some of these individuals have truly let the word "influencer" go to their head.

Edited to add: I'm so excited for the pack. The world is gorgeous. I've planned how my current game will play right into this world. I've thought of how other packs enhance this one and vice versa. I can't wait to add it to my game

Well said! :) I only accidentally watch their videos, I'm a bit turned-off by them constantly adding a new version of their shocked face expression to that video thumb - anything for dragging in some viewers, even when they actually has very little to tell. Well, I hope they enjoy it, I do better without. And I'm perfectly fine with Horse Ranch being an EP. There's enough content to have me get it at full price even though I'm currently not having the money and will need to wait till over Summer. It looks too good to wait a full year for those 30% off, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I don't know if I missed something, but do the mini goats and sheep only eat from a bottle? I must say I don't like it if that's the only way they can be fed. First of all it's gonna be a task and second it seems a bit off since they're not exactly babies?

I really like the main parts of the pack. The horses look super gorgeous and the world is interesting. It's not gonna be as much fun owning a horse in a different world, but on the other hand I have always liked it when a world has something extra. One thing I didn't quite expect is that the dancing seemed really fun! Also loved the entrance to the barn they did in the live stream :D

Mini animals (not sure if it is both sheep and goats) do eat weeds and bugs from plants, so they do help in the garden - assumingly the way wild rabbits and birds are helpers in CoL. So, I guess these mini animals might need less milk feeding if there are some weeds around, but let's wait and see.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Hey guys let's keep the discussion centered on the pack and not casting aspersions or criticizing other simmers. 🙂
  • Options
    I'm excited to explore the caves or what they are, in the GG hood. Not quite sure what to expect as this was hardly touched in the livestream, but somehow I expect to find some lore involving a mention of the unicorn. Hopefully there is a valid point on exploring the caves more than just once, but the area looks extremely good for a couple night under the stars with your horse, anyway. Can't wait to see some more pictures from this hood, especially along the river :)
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    A rainbow was by the waterfall as well. Hmmm.... I am still hoping for a unicorn! Hopefully it's not just one you meet in the cave but can't see.
  • Options
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2023
    I think the livestream lacked something but I can't tell you what it was.
    I am VERY excited about this pack though. I think they have put a lot of time and effort into making the horses, and their little habits ( like the ears, the tail, the getting to the ground to let a kid get up their back), and the world looks amazing too. It looks a little more open, like the neighborhoods look bigger as with CL, if you know what I mean? So that you can ride around on the horse outside of your house.

I hope their will be surprises too!

I also pre-ordered the pack now.
  • Options
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    I just watched the Dev livestream on Steam and I'm so loving this new pack! I like that in addition to the horses and competitions and riding they are also doing cross-overs with other packs, like making nectar from Cottage Living crops and even trash!? which I assume comes from Eco Life. It's nice when they can enhance other expansions/packs with new content and without it taking away from new content in the expansion even if a player doesn't own previous expansions.

I'm so very looking forward to this expansion. I love what I saw so far!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    My husband happened to see this pun online tonight and shared it with me.

"To be or not to be--a horse rider. That is equestrian!" 😁
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113053&authkey=%21AGCp2n5SGpRwwm4&width=429&height=386