Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the early buyers rewards influence if or when you buy a pack?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    The OCD / perfectionist / selective hoarder parts of myself won’t allow me to even consider not purchasing the packs in advance for the rewards - not because they are a reward, but because the issues I deal with nowadays means I cannot have an incomplete set. Another “fun” side effect of the spinal and brain injuries I sustained in the attack at work.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Other
    If I have the funds to buy I normally get packs shortly after they are released, I usually give it about a week to see if others report to many game breaking bugs, if all seems well I will get the pack. I never wait for a sale, so preorder bonus doesn't change the way I buy packs. I am just glad you no longer have to buy before the pack is released to get the extra items. That used to be how things worked with preorder bonus items.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Other
    I used to buy every pack pretty much out right anyway, but I’ve stopped as honestly I feel the quality of content being released has been dropping for a long time now.

EPs feel more and more like glorified GPs, uninspired kits galore, the cash grab of it all is starting to outweigh the experience of the game for me, and I’m not sure it’s all worth the massive pricetag anymore..

Or maybe I dunno, the shiny has just finally worn off for me 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2023
    Depends on the reward objects/EP
    It really does depend on what they are. I’m sad I missed the HSY ones because they were really good items and I bought it full price maybe 3 days after it ended. I have a teenage streamer sim and these items would have been great for her.

I would have liked the cottage bike. As for the growing together items I don’t really use them (but might use the baby carrier at some point). I’m not too sure I’ll use these horse ranch ones either besides maybe the guitar.

I usually end up buying the packs before they go on sale so I may as well make sure I get the items.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    No, I don't feel the need to buy the EP sooner for the reward. I can wait
    The bonus stuff can sometimes look cool, but I usually don't have the money to buy things right away.
    Also, so many games offer bonus stuff if you buy the game early, and they never really add anything, except completing the items/collections that would be listed in the inventory.
    If it was an exclusive horse you could only get with the preorder, i would consider it.
  • Options
    YamineHeartsYamineHearts Posts: 74 Member
    It doesn't apply because I get EP right at or right after release anyway, with or without early buyers incentive
    I tend to get the packs right away unless I have low interest in it so I usually get the incentives anyway. The only one I missed out on was the HS one because I had low interest in the pack and didnt get it until it was half off at which point the incentives were long gone. But Simmatically from twitter posted some CC links to get them so I got it that way.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Other
    It's nice to get the extra stuff, and sometimes it's really neat extra stuff, but my schedule for buying packs is that I'll buy them when the bugs have been fixed and the mods I can't live without have been updated to the new pack. If that's within the window to get the early order items, cool. If not, I'd rather play with an unbroken game than have an extra official chair or something. CC is free.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I have so far never gotten a reward, because I always wait. I have to this day never missed a reward I didn't get. If I get the pack early it would be because I really want the pack.

In this case it will depend on how buggy the game play is if I wait or get it early.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2023
    It doesn't apply because I get EP right at or right after release anyway, with or without early buyers incentive
    I stopped feeling any guilt for buying packs right away. My husband and I both feel if a game brings us joy, we're going to buy it.

However the closer we get to release, the more my excitement dwindles. I was looking forward to a few things: nectar making, the world, unicorns, and saloon doors. If it wasn't for the early buyer rewards, I could wait for a sale.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    They're really not that special.

Perfectly said.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg