Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Omg my heart just melted!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺 why must sims always do this to me lol. 😭

This totally scared my cat :D
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2023
    You don't want to rumble with this little sheep.

Sheep-with-attitude.png

Totally thought of Barbie the doll on her horse.
    Barbie-Horse.png

Although I'm not good at customizing animals in CAS, I'll try my hand at it for this pack. They showed a lot of beautiful horses in the trailer and colorful mini goats.
    Horse-Ranch-Trailer-Photo-1.png

Colorful-mini-goat.png

The CAS and build items will make this a true horse ranch experience.
    Horse-Ranch-CAS-and-Build-Mode.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I can see some uses for the backdrops in Get Famous already, Jails and bars, and we have been gradually building up off the grid stuff for making camping sites and shacks. I'll be looking through seeing what I can make use of.

I'm wondering if there will be jumping competitions in an arena in the centre of the world or markets for selling the sheep and goats. It definitely needs something like our Scottish 'Royal Highland show' our 'festival' every year in Edinburgh!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm obsessed with the clicking sound the sheep's feet make when it stomps on the ground lol.
    Sims has so many amazing detailed sounds in it overall if you listen with high volume or earphones.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    I'm obsessed with the clicking sound the sheep's feet make when it stomps on the ground lol.
    Sims has so many amazing detailed sounds in it overall if you listen with high volume or earphones.

Now I've got to replay the trailer video with my headphones on. 😄
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my debit card worked. its positive cause no matter how many times I tried the new kits wouldn't go through
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I’m definitely going to have to turn my sound on (I usually play with sound off because noise) but I’m going to want to hear the clip clops.
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Does anyone know when the next sale is gonna be? :D I haven't played in a while because I was waiting for the horses so I'd like to buy a few packs but not at full price.

Also I can't wait to play and do a "horse legacy" and see how the genetics play out :)
  • Options
    edited June 2023

The sound is one of those little things that makes the game more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing all the different horses that will be created.

There are a lot of beautiful horses to draw inspiration from.
    Appaloosa-Horse.png

Horse-Pic-2.png

Haflinger-and-Pinto-Horse.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I want to recreate Epona from the Legend of Zelda series! She's majestic. :heart:

b61dea87cd46a7ea89884ea2cc467661_a9972fab29600f4b65aa2a3a22c4af11.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im really wondering how much space you need for the mini goats and sheep. Im assuming that the straw bed in the trailer is their 'home' but how big is it and how many can live there?
    Honestly I'll probably end up adding more of those to lots as they dont take up a family space!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Im really wondering how much space you need for the mini goats and sheep. Im assuming that the straw bed in the trailer is their 'home' but how big is it and how many can live there?
    Honestly I'll probably end up adding more of those to lots as they dont take up a family space!

I think it will probably be 8 mini animals, like the chickens, if the straw patch is really their bed.
  • Options
    Elmo1809Elmo1809 Posts: 16 Member
    Literally cannot wait for this pack! It's going to add so many new stories for me. Also to be able to have a sim that is besotted by their horse is going to be amazing too.Can't wait to see the new world either. See what builds I can come up with.
  • Options
    Hoping we'll get some pack info today from the Gurus. 👍🏼
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Hoping we'll get some pack info today from the Gurus. 👍🏼

I hope so need more info for the info thread.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Objects in Horse Ranch pack

In a surprising turn of events, a full list of Sims 4 Horse Ranch items has been published on the EA App. Just a few days after the reveal and announcement of said Expansion Pack!

The new Sims clothing in CAS covers Hairstyles, Accessories, Fits, Shoes and more for Sims of every age. When it comes to Horses Customization, you’ll be able to change their Mane, Saddle, Tails, Hooves and so much more. Plus, if you look closer, you’ll see a Unicorn Horn! Which could mean that Unicorns are included in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch.

https://simscommunity.info/2023/06/26/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-items/
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    The animations look nice.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2023
    I do wonder whether that butter churn will actually work; I suspect it's probably decorative, but I'm sure someone will mod it. I notice there's a wood-burning stove, which I will definitely be using. Is that small barn object a new dollhouse?
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2023
    Plus, if you look closer, you’ll see a Unicorn Horn! Which could mean that Unicorns are included in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch.

I think it is more like the fox breed in Cats and Dogs, just for visual variety instead of new gameplay. We will get real wild unicorns in the fairy pack, according to the precedent of wild foxes in Henford o:)
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I do wonder whether that butter churn will actually work; I suspect it's probably decorative, but I'm sure someone will mod it.

It‘s an official model tribute to the great modder B)
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I miss the leather, Cow and sheep 'blankets' and rugs haha
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I'm really really happy about the CAS items. I have to go back and look at them better, but I love what I see!
    I'm especially happy that the bandanas are not tied to a specific item... I was worried it was tied to the top piece the girl in the trailer wears, but that's not the case.
    And that type of mane with the small braid at the end? I'm gonna call it "the padawan mane", because that's a padawan braid if I've ever seen one XD

B/B items look amazing too! Lots of "rustic" furniture that will fit well in historical settings. I spotted a wondeful "poor-looking" bed that I will definetely use for my humble farmers family.
    Yes. I'm very satisfied. *nod nod*
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    From the description and the trailer it looks like nectar can be enjoyed as a group! I was hoping for this when it came to juice fizzing. Sims taking the time to sit and enjoy a sip leisurely with friends sounds awesome.
    I really hope we get to see the world map soon!
    The cow print stuff makes me want to play my cow farmer household again.