Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    4 weeks & counting before my PrairieCree Peasant can finally move with her round Cabin home to Chestnut Ridge.😛😉
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Am I the only one who believes they had this EP made a while ago and for some reason decided to wait until now to release it? Because the less than one month away release date makes me think they had this pack made already, probably way back when they made the Cottage Living EP, and decided to hold out on us, testing the waters on how many of us really wanted horses (and the threat of Paralives and Life by You) probably made them say 'well heck, let's give them what they want.'

I remember years ago on a livestream the gurus making an equestrian/horses joke and then they had to sort of side eye and chuckle it away--so I bet they were thinking of it way before the production started since it typically takes 2-4 years I think depending on pack/animations.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    So close yet so far away, I can't wait, say what you want but I think they get better at making and releasing packs the more they make, so bring it on. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2023
    Super excited for all the new animals being added.

This little one is jumping for joy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWvefaN8USk
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    27 Days!!!!
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Is there anyone noticing we don't get the pony breed? :#
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I am very excited about this one! Only animals and family stuff get me this eager to buy right away! Two good (bad for finances) ones in a row for me!
    I will have to wait til the end of July to get this one though so an extra week to wait! :s
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Super excited for all the new animals being added.

This little one is jumping for joy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWvefaN8USk

Oh, no, that goat is an adorable menace!

I'm so excited I am having trouble expressing myself. I just keep saying OMG OMG. This is just...oh man. I may love the darned sheep and goats more than the horses! How is that possible? Too adorable!
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Safe to assume the pre EP patch is the same week…so less than 27 days. Really hoping that ceiling tiles come in that patch, it’s the only thing I’m really looking forward to
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MaglorMaglor Posts: 33 Member
    Looking forward to this! My Aragorn sim can finally be the horse girl he was always meant to be.
    “Never laugh at live dragons.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien | Origin ID: theumbreonlord
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I thought I saw a cochlear implant. Do we already have those in game?
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I thought I saw a cochlear implant. Do we already have those in game?

Pretty sure they’re the hearing aids that were added a few updates ago.
  • Options
    26 Days!!!!
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I was hoping that there would be "English" saddles & bridles but it seems that it's only western tack. I really hope we get a choice of tack, so I can faithfully recreate my big boy, Kiwi. I never rode him western style.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Isharell, Thank you for sharing that video! It made my day! That goat behaves like one of my daughter's cats, Mitzi. That cat is crazy! So I had to share the video with her and her family. We all enjoyed it!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I was hoping that there would be "English" saddles & bridles but it seems that it's only western tack. I really hope we get a choice of tack, so I can faithfully recreate my big boy, Kiwi. I never rode him western style.

Saw one so hopefully means more options

FDUgXXM.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    edited June 2023
    I had to slow the trailer down to see this saddle. I am glad there is at least an English saddle in game! It also looks as if most of the bridles are bitless bridles as well which is pretty nice! I wonder if there will also be bitted options. Hopefully they have English saddle pads as well.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I had to slow the trailer down to see this saddle. I am glad there is at least an English saddle in game! It also looks as if most of the bridles are bitless bridles as well which is pretty nice! I wonder if there will also be bitted options. Hopefully they have English saddle pads as well.

It was tricky LOL And I agree on bitless. I preferred that way and had two horses that never wore a bit and I'm pretty sure they preferred that as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think there will be some Native American townies/inspiration in the pack? I think the second main woman in the trailer was Native American.
    I hope so, I saw one or two that seemed to fit that description, I hope we do get some townies. A Native American family would be nice too.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see what kind of horse people make with customization. We'll even be able to make skeleton horses.

I plan on making a purple horse based on the one in The Wizard Of Oz. Purple is my color.
  • Options
    25 Days And Counting!!!!
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I can’t wait to see all of the CAS stuff. 25 days seems so far away.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2023
    One day closer.

I've been looking at a lot of horses ever since Horse Ranch was confirmed. I like the colors on this horse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKaD76wdMNU
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I'm so hyped for this pack!!
    And there are so many things I hope we can soon have info on!

Like, how long is a horse lifespan? Horses live quite a long life, so it would be great to have that reflected in the game. I can see my wild west legacy sims inherit horses from their parents.

And can children participate in competitions? It would be cute if they had their own youth competitions.

Also, I'm curious about the whole Prairie Grass thing. It's mentioned in the blog, but it was not highlighted in the trailer. I assume it's gonna work like a normal crop, but I would love more info on its use. Maybe even be used to weave baskets? I really wish that will be a thing.

Aargh! I hope the Behind the Sims, the gameplay trailer and the livestream can answer the thousands questions I have!! I have so many things to plan for my next save game!
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.