Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the trailer on Thursday! Honestly, I love all the exciting build up before a pack as much as actually getting a new pack.

I'm so happy that all of you who wanted horses are getting them. I'm also happy to see a child on horseback! It looks like the Sims team is listening to us.

The world looks more northern Arizona to me than the southern desert area. I'm a little disappointed that there are no cacti 🌵, but eager to learn more about the world.

They put them in that road map sign so I'm still holding out. I really want them. Especially for all the delicious foods you can make with cacti. My mom was raised in Arizona and I've never been. I know she missed it. So this world is pretty cool. Yeah I was very open to a non-American world. Or like a huge world with different regions having different designs. But this is nice too. And my sims get to try the foods I haven't yet. Living vicariously.

I think my big positives for this are horses duh. I think I'm a horse girl who has never really gotten the chance (minus one traumatic embarrassing moment as a child at a fair) to actually ride one. Which is why one of my actual dreams is to have enough land to have horses. But also bc I'm hoping and praying for cross pack integration that brings some supercool magical steeds. As well as unicorns and binicorns once we have fairies. I think pegasi should exist already for spellcasters. Those brooms are a menace.

I'm also excited for the nectar. For the mini goats and sheep. Hoping we can make cheese and other things. Like we can make it on the stove from cows milk so let us make more types. And hopefully we get more preservation and canning options from this. Like jerky. They didn't mention any crafting methods in the leak like sewing. Would be nice to make our own chaps. But who knows? I think we're in for a really interesting time.

Oh one thing I forgot, this is more something I observed and am still determining my feelings about than a positive or a negative. The addition of cookouts as a pack thing. They mention it with dances. The dances seem kinda cool not gonna lie. Probably will totally break, but I admire the enthusiasm. The cookout thing has me on the fence.

For a long time we only really had dinner parties, then we got the "Cookout Senario" from what I believe was last Juneteenth (not the one 2 days ago), and I think either right before or after that there was just a BBQ one, now we also have family reunions from GrwT. It seems like it'll probably use similar mechanics to what's in Growing Together.

But I really don't know how I feel about that being behind a paywall. It was odd enough that it was a scenario and not something that could be done all the time. I don't even think it worked when I tried it. So I am glad to have cookouts in here. Especially ones that aren't just linked to family reunions. Honest there should be both Cookouts and BBQs, because in the Black community at least those two things can be different. And both are different than a full on family reunion. It'd be nice to plan a BBQ event just for friends. A cookout with immediate/close family and myb some friends who get the invite. And then you have your annual family reunion.
    We've literally got so much BBQ stuff, all that's missing is a smoker, and a different kind of pit from the one for Sulani BBQ.

I think it's good that cookouts are coming. But I think it needs to be basegame. For both things I mentioned. And that whatever cookout they throw in this pack needs to be a different kind. Maybe a bigger ordeal. Or maybe they should've called it something different. Since they already acknowledged the term before for something they only did temporarily. And now brought it back behind a paywall.

I have mixed feelings. Probably gonna quote this in the negative thread.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    If we get goat milk, I wonder whether they thought to tie that into the Lactose Intolerant trait. E.g., by making it possible to either use goat milk in a regular recipe, or creating versions made with goat milk, that would not bother LI sims.

I'd also love to see the ability to make goat cheese as a variant on the cheese we can already make on the stove. Not vital or anything, but it would be nice. It would be nice to have at least one or two new goat cheese specific recipes, though.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Omg my heart just melted!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺 why must sims always do this to me lol. 😭

The sheeeeeeeep! So cute. None at our ranch, but there’s a couple of goats, the pigs (I joked the little ones born a few months ago were bacon bits) that my pony seems really interested in and a passel of chickens and the duck.

Starting to get a pretty good urge here to look for my DVD player and start binging on my entire series of “Hey Dude”. Who remembers that one?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @LSM36

I hope you're right about the cactus. I will be pleasantly surprised if parts of the new world really do look like southern Arizona!

In East Tennessee BBQ and cook outs are very different things as well. I would be mildly disappointed if someone invited me to a BBQ and served hamburgers and hotdogs. I would be expecting something with BBQ sauce like pulled pork, ribs, or chicken.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

That's the cutest little sheep ever. It appears that they can roam freely and are not stuck to a pen. I'll have to get a few of them. :smile:
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    So far it looks amazing. Can't wait to see the trailer. The world looks similar to Appaloosa plains from Sims 3. I loved playing with horses and living that ranch life in Sims 3 so I can't wait for this one.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Please turn on sound: https://imgur.com/0d6AioY

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have been wanting newer dance moves as well. Love the slow dancing from Wedding Stories, but this will be a great change.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

telemwill wrote: »
    I mentioned this in the negative thread, but thought it should be mentioned here as well. The sheep and goats are fully grown miniatures. A few simmers are confusing them with babies which is understandable because they are so cute.

Miniature goats are fairly popular right now in my area because they are more easily managed and take up less space.

Miniature goats are just as cute as baby goats. I don't care if they are grown. I will always refer to them as baby goats because they are so tiny and so cute. They will always be babies to me, and I still want pajamas for them.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I enjoyed nectar making in Sims 3. I am interested in how it will function in this expansion.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm looking forward to the facial hair and men clothing in this pack. That's one of the things I noticed in the picture that the beard was cut nicely.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Looks cute, but do miniature sheep actually sound like that? Because to me, it sounds more like a human child imitating a sheep than any real sheep (big or small) that I've ever heard.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I am excited but I have to see more of it to determine if I want it immediately or wait untill later.
    I do truly hope, with mixed feelings; that we have skulls for on the wall( like a cowplant on the wall instead of under a dome), and maybe some leather decor.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I hope my sims wont go broke buying too many horses :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7aasbgExq0
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    "Yet again a desert world" seems to be common complain, Im totally opposite, last time I looked I had more than enough of green worlds, and living myself as far from desert as can, I love all my desert worlds <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I am excited but I have to see more of it to determine if I want it immediately or wait untill later.
    I do truly hope, with mixed feelings; that we have skulls for on the wall( like a cowplant on the wall instead of under a dome), and maybe some leather decor.

I saw a steer skull on the wall in one of the screenshots.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    "Yet again a desert world" seems to be common complain, Im totally opposite, last time I looked I had more than enough of green worlds, and living myself as far from desert as can, I love all my desert worlds <3

Same here. We have so many green ones, I like a new desert town. I look forward to another desert world. I just hope there is a neighbourhood with grass around the lots. I hope it differs enough for the strangerville one.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    OMG....mini sheep, so cute. But why does it say 'baa' rather then just baa-ing!? Will this be a new thing? Will the horses go around saying 'neigh' in suitable serious voices?? LOL :D

I am looking forward to the idea of ranch hands you can hire though. Most of my longest, most played saves are centred around farming, self sufficiency lifestyles so help with animals would be awesome.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I hope my sims wont go broke buying too many horses :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7aasbgExq0

In equestrian circles, there’s a term for that … “horse poor” 😅
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

In their opinion one desert world is one too many. *eye roll*

Desert worlds are my favorite.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

I have friends (so many friends — a few met in person but most online — having horses does that for ya) who live in Arizona so the new desert world looks a lot like their pictures. Kinda gives that familiar aspect. I did post in the negative thread as a minor gripe that I was somewhat going it’d be more of a grasslands steppe world (for you know those historical saves I have in the Black Seas region) but hopefully prairie grass can grow in other worlds (or can be found in debug) so I can cobble up something for Henford-on-Bagley. I’m not totally thrilled about desert worlds (or totally totally green suburban ones either) I’m all right with it because hot diggity I’M FINALLY GETTIN HORSES!!! 🐴🐴🐴🐴 🐎 🐎 🐎.

SO EXCITED. Horses have been the ONE thing I really want. The one thing I have been holding off all my saves for because my stories need horses and they’re happenin!!! 🎉

We’d better be able to paint ‘em though. Pangare chestnut just ain’t pangare chestnut without the counter shading.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I think the little goat losing its mind and screaming is my favorite part of the cover art.