Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Update! šŸ”„ New SDX!! 5/16/23

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'm not too fond of the update to the Calientes and especially Don. It's not that they are unflattering, but after nearly nine years of seeing these sims run around my game, it doesn't sit right with me that they look entirely different. It's like watching a long-running tv series and the main characters being recast by actors who look entirely different from the original actors.

I'm glad to know the originals are on the gallery, and I can save them and put them back in the game. At least this gives us players a choice and it doesn't feel as forced on everyone.

I'm really excited about the Jewish recipes and I hope they add more diverse options in future updates.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    New facial hair is nice

but I will use it for someone else than Don because I quite like Don to have his old beard

I was hoping they would give us Dina dress because its been constant problem with creating ts2 girlies to not have one just so

maybe new hair for Nina that matches ts2

also yeah I think the makeovers are all pretty but I just don't really see them as same people from old games

I do definitely think old sims ought to be in gallery at least

also as for food yay for those who wanted it but dear watcher the food menu barely loads as it is i think there needs to be some categories or something so it doesn't all load at once and crash the game and maybe not million different hot dogs that look the same
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: Ā»
    Carmine wrote: Ā»
    On the bright side, I see a new aspiration. Could be fun?
    JnLq23B.png

Where did you find this aspiration and what is it called? I have seen no mention of a new aspiration anywhere else.
    It turns out to be an aspiration mod, you can find it on CurseForge
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    is this really what they meant with hot update though considering its not even mentioned on update page and it is only SDX not update per say

(which btw i think it should be even if just sdx so people know exactly what was added)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    also why the new calientes are not on gallery too? oh what a deja vu

but yes why? I was thinking of just taking a peek it appears i need to start new save just to gaze upon their new faces
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    If this is the 'hot update' advertised in the roadmap I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. The makeovers don't bother me and the food is nice (more food options are always welcome). But this just feels like a regular SDX drop (of which we haven't had all that many lately), and to me it doesn't justify being included in the roadmap. I think of an 'update' as something more substantial and adding gameplay. Weren't we meant to be getting these makeovers plus SDX drops anyway? I'm kind of hoping there is still an actual 'hot update' to come... but I guess this is probably it :/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: Ā»
    Carmine wrote: Ā»
    On the bright side, I see a new aspiration. Could be fun?
    JnLq23B.png

Where did you find this aspiration and what is it called? I have seen no mention of a new aspiration anywhere else.

OK. A new aspiration (without a mod) would have been nice.
    ...It's like watching a long-running tv series and the main characters being recast by actors who look entirely different from the original actors.

That's a very good comparison. To me it feels the same.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited May 2023
    The first thing I noticed was Donā€™s facial hair and I could no longer care less about the rest. šŸ§”šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
    Not that I cared about the rest if the beard wasnā€™t a thing, but the beard is a thing and yes I still donā€™t care about the rest.

Iā€™ve been using a lot less CC facial hair lately due to my sims being unable to grow back their gorgeously splendid beards after a nice refreshing shave. Unfortunately the vanilla facial hair situation hasnā€™t been ideal - at least not for me - and I own every single pack that includes new facial hair! Indeed, what we were truly missing here was the good auld ā€˜Lotharioā€™.
    Now that it has finally arrived, weā€™ve reached that new level of handsome we all deserve. (Sorry Don, not referring to you personally, Iā€™m referring to your spectacular stubble, no need to get carried away there buddy...)

As for the things that I donā€™t really care about:

The new dishes look quite tasty, Iā€™m happy for all the foodies out there! Chances are I will soon forget that the matzah ball soup exist as it is not very likely that Iā€™ll ever get past the ā€œGarden Saladā€ & ā€œFrank & Beansā€ stage. Although I do love the occasional hot pot for two.

I also donā€™t fully understand the need for townie make-overs, but thatā€™s because Iā€™m not into the whole make-over business (you are perfect just the way you are, darling šŸ˜˜) and Iā€™m also not very familiar with Sims 2 lore etc., so my opinions on that matter donā€™t count. Why would anyone care about me not caring? The sims look fine to meā€¦they sort of look like peopleā€¦

I will admit though that the only townie related official make-over situation I felt disappointed about was what the team did to Bella Goth that time. Keeping the lore alive I guess, they literally abducted her and replaced her with some kind of impostor. Lovely lady, donā€™t get me wrong, just nothing like Original Bella.
    Original Bella will forever be in my game and in my heart.

More facial hair please.

• Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2023
    Woops, my bad. I didn't remember downloading any aspiration mods recently so I thought it was from the update šŸ™‡
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am so disappointed that this is the 'hot update'. I was hoping for something to do with romance or some new summer activities. If we wanted updates to the premades we could do it ourselves. Such a shame. :( Still, I have plenty to explore on the game at the moment. :smile:
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I am disappointed that this is the much-touted "hot update." Oh, well. I've really not played the Calientes, they haven't grabbed me. I'll check the new ones out and maybe give them a try.

The new beard is fantastic! Love the food and bb. More, please!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Soooo Im not playing the "updated" Calientes without a complete and total do over. Because good lord what in the world did they do???

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Can anyone please tell me what level cooking you need for the new Jewish foods. I tried to locate them last night and could not find the new recipes.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I am so glad they did this.Another issue is they did not put the original sims 4 goths in the gallery.

Yes they did, it takes like ten seconds to check: https://www.ea.com/en-ca/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/79ECD061E91911EC844742C88C887120
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited May 2023
    keekee53 wrote: Ā»
    Can anyone please tell me what level cooking you need for the new Jewish foods. I tried to locate them last night and could not find the new recipes.

I think it was level 2 for the challah and level 4 for the matzeknƶdelsoup in normal cooking.

At topic. I'm very happy for the new dishes and for the user who had wish for it so long. Finally some dishes, which I know because the non kosher versions is also very common here, thanks to century old history.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    The updated Calientes dropped almost 2 years after they were first announced. This is something anyone could do within a few hours at the very most. They're almost entirely cosmetic changes, which wouldn't be a problem if that somehow equates to deeper lore. But it doesn't. The Sims team continues to underdeliver...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 would never. Look out for LIONS!
    he/him Ā· read my substack
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think I called it when I figured the "Hot Update" was a Caliente refresh from day one.

They do resemble their TS2 selves more and look less cartoonish in my opinion.

I'm glad the idea of refreshing stuff we already have isn't dead. Hoping we get a Dine Out or Get to Work refresh later on.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    The SDX drop (facial hair and food) is the only thing that saved this superficial "hot update" to the game.
    Alertļ¼It is the first time that we get SDX this year. Maxis has promised to drop SDX monthly initially. :#
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Townie makeovers are now the new big updates to the game? So big they get their very own highlight on the quarterly roadmap?

No improvements or additions to gameplay. No improvements or additions to world maps. No improvements or additions to game settings options. No nothing.....

Just. A. Townie. Makeover. :|
    (something any one of us can, and do, easily ourselves)

The SDX drop (facial hair and food) is the only thing that saved this superficial "hot update" to the game.

That's what an SDX drop IS - small additions or changes. It wasn't a patch. There should still be a patch this month (although I wouldn't venture a guess as to whether there's much in it).
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    Is this the new hot update? I thought it was just SDX drop?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Have they confirmed this is the hot update referred to on the road map?

A makeover we could do ourselves? I was expecting a pack update like when they did Spa Day.

I'm guessing we're never going to get any more of those, just like we get no more gameplay kits, stuff packs and a whole heap of other stuff that has fallen by the wayside.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Was it a challenge? Like a blindfolded CAS?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Personally I think townie overhauls are fine to do. Was a big fuss when the game was released because premade families wasn't anything close to their previous ones. BUT...all premades tend to change with every iteration of the Sims. S2 bella other than her skintone and dress looked nothing feature wise in the face for sure, nor did she in S3. Plus S2 was pretty limited in making pretty unique features. Pretty basic tbh.

In the spin off games on console most of the premades were different or had some different backgrounds or secrets etc. Things just always change over time, so I don't even think nostaglia is even a good reason because some just hold onto one version to say it's definite for them. Nothin' new with the franchise.

Think I'm was more so 'meh' because it took so long to roll out this overhaul cause first time we saw it was when...was it when bunk beds were teased at I think?

If anything I'd like it if they could fix the relationship for premades when they write said story for them. Caliente's STILL didn't have proper relationships as Katrina and Don had no boyfriend/girlfriend relationship much less a romance bar same with Don and Nina no romance bar and just being acquaintances. And have the same jobs. Pshh, DINA Caliente isn't going to ruin her manicured nails in being a dish washer, pshhaww.

@Atreya33 Yeah, their looks are a lot more flattering in Live Mode. :)

Think they'd look better if Sims team would just update the awfulness that is the base game hairs. Textures and meshing gotten FAR better over the years and they need to be replaced with a better version with nicer textures.

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If the teams add more new meal recipes in the future, we're going to need a way to disable the ones we don't want to use. I'm getting a loading lag every time I click on the fridge now. And the lag is getting longer every time new recipes are added. It's too bad we can't choose favorite recipes for each household that would eliminate the lag and the long search for certain recipes I prefer to use.

As for the makeovers...they don't interest me all that much. I rarely play any of the premades. But I did think it was odd the team didn't include some kind of romantic interest between Don and Katrina. Those two have been 'close' since Sims2 and not including that relationship breaks their backstory. So, the makeovers aside, the team took a step backwards by not including the romantic interest these two have shared for a long time. I'll pass on this one. I can't see where adding it will improve my game or create renewed interest in playing that family again.