Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a remake of Twinbrook

SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I recently started playing a couple in Twinbrook & tried to place a lot for a beach with the ability of Seasons but the lot couldn't be placed.
I saw the error message stating lots can't be placed on Lakes. After google I realized this is a old problem. I really would like to have a beach there
with seashells, where they can play in the sand, sunbathe & more so I began to look for a remake of Twinbrook. I found 2; Twinbrook United and New Twinbrook beta, but I didn't like either one of those. New Twinbrook was too dark reminiscent of Bridgeport which I never play and Twinbrook United was no change, still couldn't place a beach type (half in the water & half out ) lot in that area where they fish, that looks like a beach.

So my question is simple: is anyone reading this aware of another remake of Twinbrook out there and if so would you please let me know.
Thanks in advance
ETA: to correct a word & to add will be searching the world index in the CAW section in my leisure & have already looked through the exchange & googled, finding the two I found. ty

Comments

• Options
    aww no body knows of one ? guess I will have to drag it into CAW & redo it myself sigh
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I don't know of one. I remember editing on for myself a long time ago but I never finished it. I''m sure you'll have fun! :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I don't know of one. I remember editing on for myself a long time ago but I never finished it. I''m sure you'll have fun! :)

thanks :) I'm doing it now. I don't plan on doing a lot to it because I don't have a lot of time, just opening it up so the "lake" can be part of the ocean so they can have a beach.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @faytheful there is a beta version of a Twinbrook remake here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=485657
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @happysimmer3 thanks so much. For the last few days I've been messing with it in CAW, thought it would be something simple, but the problem is the sea level & its going to take a lot longer than I originally thought.
    Put the town under sea level a little, the marsh disappears & Sims drown, have to replace lots, but then its no longer a lake. BUT raise the sea level & it becomes a lake again. #timeconsuming

ETA: I saw this thread & read it all the way through. I tried to download the beta version but it didn't work for me for some reason & the town is not finished. Hopefully they finish it soon, but thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Did you download the final beta version on page 9? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4890633#post4890633

I know it could use some additional tweaks and adjustments but it is playable as it is. I don't have it installed atm but I did on my previous folder and it looked fine to me; never got a chance to play it though.

It's the only Twinbrook remake that I know of, I'm sure the reason is because it is a lot of work to change the elevation of the world and keep the swamps in tact.

And you're very welcome! :)

• Options
    yes I saw the final version, there is a dl on pg 8 too but like I said when I tried to dl it, it wouldn't dl for me.
    Not sure if its something on my end or what but it just wouldn't dl.
    It could also be its not available anymore.
    Yes its a lot of work trying to keep the swamp intact while making the Lake deep enough to be an ocean instead of a lake.
    I'm not sure I'll finish it anytime soon or ever. I don't want to take out the swamp area because that's part of the charm of the world. And my whole reason for starting it in the first place was to try to make the lake into an ocean so they can have a beach there but atm don't think its possible without changing the whole world.
  • Options
    You are probably right; I've never attempted to edit that world but I imagine changing the elevation in any part of it affects the elevation elsewhere. Might be easier to start a world from scratch than to edit one that's already completed!

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @faytheful are you talking about the upper lake in twinbrook? If so that is a water plane added into the world and will not be affected by the sea level button in CAW. The only way to raise or lower that lake would be to take out the original water plane and add a new one in with a new height.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    You are probably right; I've never attempted to edit that world but I imagine changing the elevation in any part of it affects the elevation elsewhere. Might be easier to start a world from scratch than to edit one that's already completed!

gave up, you're right it changing elevation affects other areas too. I lowered elevation for the rural area, and the swamp disappeared.
    its too much work & I don't have that much time. At one point I thought the Sims would drown !
  • Options
    flstrider wrote: »
    @faytheful are you talking about the upper lake in twinbrook? If so that is a water plane added into the world and will not be affected by the sea level button in CAW. The only way to raise or lower that lake would be to take out the original water plane and add a new one in with a new height.

ahhh well I'm not that experienced, but ty for the information.
    I gave up on it something I don't do so easily.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    I know this is an old thread but it's the first thing which popped up in the search results when searching for "sims3 remake of twinbrook".

Anyway, just so you all know, I was able to download the file, it's on page 10 now and found in a comment by a player with the name of MW_thesism3

Haven't opened it yet, need to re-purchase all my old games (steam has a Collection Bundle if anyone is unaware, it contains EVERYTHING except base game, Store items, and the Katy Perry disk).

Happy simming!