Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, What Have You Done To Get Ready?

We are three days away from the long-awaited Patch for Infants. Like expectant parents, are you pacing the floor in anticipation? Have you made certain your nursery (game files) are in order? If you have and play with mods, have you made a copy of your Sims4 game folder, yet? Today, I copied and pasted my entire Game Folder over to a Flash Drive. It will stay removed from my computer until the dust settles, so to speak. I will keep the original on my computer and play that one, now that a copy is fully safeguarded. I took this step, based on what others who know more about mods and such have suggested. I read two separate threads yesterday that nearly brought me to tears. So, I have decided to be proactive.

So, share what you have done to be ready for this behemoth.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I'm going to update all my mods, clean up my cache files, repair my game, and back everything up. But I don't intend to patch for at least 1 week after the new pack releases. I'm fully prepared to play offline (or not play) for months if necessary :( . If I'm curious about the new pack before I can sort out the situation with mods/cc, I'll install it on a secondary computer.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Nothing. Just playing as usual. I won't install the patch and EP for a while as I still have some goals to complete in my current, and only, save. The only mod I have that will surely need updating is UI cheats so hopefully that's done by the time I'm ready to update.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    putting some builds on gallery I have forgotten to share

trying to finish (or at least continue) some incomplete builds I've left hanging for way too long

(meanwhile just taking inventory of what I have really)

Scheming about which households shall have nooboos

scheming about which houses i am putting in nooboo items

scheming about stories involving the new pack

I also ended up maxing Vlads handiness skill on a whim since i needed handiness 10 sim to go to forgotten grotto to see if i have something there but apparently no

created Vampire club for Vladdy cause it seemed like fun idea although it really just has Vlad and Judith for now

created "School" club for my kiddos in komorebi since i have fake school there

aaand what else
    just doing some little grindy stuff basically that I've been too lazy to get to

and yep backing up my save from time to time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't have to change anything about my in game plans because my households that have or are about to have infants are scheduled for the end of the rotation that I'm on, so they'll definitely be after the patch no matter how many hours I play before it comes.

I will do a full backup of my saves on Monday to be safe. I may play a lot this weekend so I want my backup to be up to date.

I probably will not play my main save until after MCCC gets updated. It's the only mod I have right now. I had a couple of others but the first time I had to update mods after a patch I decided that one was enough.

Just have to decide if I'm going to take a break from the game altogether for a little while or play an older save. Right now I'm leaning towards buying myself HSY for my birthday and playing with that in my old legacy save while I wait.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have made 3, yes 3 copies of my most important saves and backed them up in 3 different places (3 is the charmed number it seems).

A week or two ago I created a new sim I was going to use for the baby pack, played with her in a vanilla game for a while, got frustrated and added my mods back in, decided I was enjoying playing her single gal lifestyle too much and didn't want her to have a baby yet after all and so created yet another new save with a young couple.

I decided it would be fun to start them out with the usual amount of money instead of motherlode-ing, so although I was able to have them buy the house I wanted them to have they could only afford it unfurnished. So currently they are slaving away at jobs, fishing, collecting, etc to furnish the house. I'm trying to save back at least a thousand simoleons for all the baby stuff LOL. I really haven't been this excited in a while. The previous RL week or two have been pretty poopy, so it's nice to have something positive to look forward to.

I will admit to being a little apprehensive about the modpocolypse I know is coming. I might not download the patch until I read some reviews from other simmers. I don't think I'll be able to hold out for long though.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    Since I have made a copy (back-up) of my entire Sims 4 Folder, I will now make another copy of it and rename it .vanilla, after I remove the mods folder. I will rename the current folder .Modded. This way I will play the vanilla version to see what happens after the patch, and if my Sims can still be who they are. I'm thinking about having Erik do concerts with just the small karaoke machine (rather than the remodified version of it from RTF). I can always cheat him the money he makes from those. But, he won't have photoshoots. And no more albums. I suppose, since he gets these royalties once a day, I can cheat that money to him, too. He has already written his songs, without any mods, so that he can license them. The only problem is, he won't be able to submit his work once a week, because of the rotten cool-down system. (And it says you need to wait for seven days, which I have done and he still hasn't been able to license another song. Face/palm.) Currently, I have a small mod that removes the cool-down period. That I shall miss more than I thought. He just earned another Accolade for Best Song. But, I will get a taste of what it will be like if I have to return (after years) vanilla play. I'm feeling hopeful, though. I also have a small mod that removes all fears, so I can play the Wants as I did Wishes, without the penalties attached. Yikes, I really don't wish to go through that again. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited March 2023
    I reinstalled my whole game to move it from one drive to another - and to change the language back to english since EA app doesn't allow changing the language like origin did. Took a backup while doing that too. Then I haven't been able to play much since I'm very much anticipating to add Growing Together to my game along with the infants. I did give in and buy Highschool Years from the sale, so I've been making Thift Tea Shops and finding nice high schools. If I buy GrT at release it will be the first time ever I'll experience two new expansions simultaneusly in my game.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have my legacy family save that I can't wait to play. Jocelyn Edmonds is my main sim and she married Travis Roth. They have a toddler son, Nathaniel. They also have newborn twin girls Lauren and Amelia and she just found she's expecting again (accident). So it's going to be a busy house. Jocelyn's little sister Sophia just got married to Connor and they just bought their first little house together. I can't wait for them to have their first kid and experience a baby shower. So im pretty excited! I also have my vanilla save where I have the pancakes set up to try infants with for the first time when the patch drops.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Nothing yet. Sims 4 in its current (modded) state is my favorite game, I'm averse to put it at risk, that's why it hasn't seen the internet ever since Werewolves. I'll do the infants update a couple of days before Growing Together goes on sale or becomes available for bundling (should go well together with the Wedding GP).

In case I can't wait that long to play with infants, I could probably re-install Sims 4 on my laptop, just basegame, Parenthood and two or three favorite packs.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Nothing, I don't really have high hope for this EP, I think they are selling on CUTE but with not much substance behind it.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I deleted absolutely all mods and CC expect for the OMSP shelf. I didn't even bother backing it up anywhere as I restarted my template save from scratch anyway and have no current saves. I'm going to create copies of my saves and all my tray files. Once everything is cleared, I'll redownload my favorite CC and mods. Fingers crossed for no major game breaking bugs as I really, really want to start playing with the new systems! They are the main reason I started my template save from scratch. The new systems feel essential to gameplay.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I made a new sim, took her through the botanist aspiration, evolving her garden and I was going to use the scientist option to give her 2 daughters. But after reading that I can't control making them girls I would have to do it through game play, I changed my mind.

Now I want to make her a mad scientist that bugs infants and listens in to their conversations, convinced that they're taking over the world. So I really hope that infants will visit the rec center and that Strangervill's bug table works with the infants.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I do have my main save but I am going to use a "test" family for the patch first. Once the ep is out then I will return to my 'had to restart legacy" family.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited March 2023
    I built my legacy family an 8 bedroom house with a first floor nursery and a 2 story library on that 50x50 lot in Willow Creek. Waste of time, they all have 'single and lovin it'. :s Two of Mel's son's have toddler's so I'm holding them back to try them as updated toddlers. Mel's other two sons might have to have science babies to satisfy their urge for a wee little beast of their own if I get the expansion, if not I'm going to have to use vampire witch powers to command a union . On the other hand RL is so bad right now I've gotten the urge to just take Mel on a long vacation to a new save by herself for the peace and quiet. The day infants drop I have to get tested for sleep apnea, I'll be doing the home study and don't forsee actually sleeping much. LoL. :D
    Post edited by LuvtehGeeks on
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I've picked out who will have infants and played to the place where the next family in my rotation is going to be the one having my first infant. Then I decided to backup and due to sloppy mouse control thought I'd lost my save because somehow the backup went in as the main game save. But I was lucky. Did a search and had put the latest save in my tray file so was able to move it back to where it was supposed to be and back it up. Just wondering if the save file in my Tray folder is ok there. The game loads fine. I'm excited to play all the new stuff. The family having their first infant live in Strangerville and the mom-to-be is currently finishing off university. She has one kid already. Her hubby is in the military.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I went on a spree of rebuilding Mt Komerebi (sp). I made a restaurant, an apres ski lodge and a bubble tea shop. Before you ask what this has to do with anything, the mother of a newlywed sim (now expecting) lives here (also build her a house). Her and her groom are staying with her mother before moving to the new neighborhood where they will raise their new baby and hopefully Grandma will visit.

I have another lot to build actually. Wanted to do a spa or a park where sims could do yoga and meditate and a vacation home in the hills but I’m losing building steam. I really want to play a family already but don’t want to start anything. I’ve even have to pause this family because I don’t want her giving birth till the patch. I built one family I’m keeping in CAS till I can create an infant that will complete their young family of 4. I’m actually regretting not giving my snowy escape family two grandparents so it’s best to keep everything in CAS.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Question for the group, since I have been seeing it a a lot, what mods are everyone worried about breaking? I play with a lot of CC and have spent a lot of time pruning out a lot of the garbage or CC duplicates that have been replaced by stuff coming from kits. Should I be worried? I have very little CAS CC and don’t really play with mods other than TOOL.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    I deleted absolutely all mods and CC expect for the OMSP shelf. I didn't even bother backing it up anywhere as I restarted my template save from scratch anyway and have no current saves. I'm going to create copies of my saves and all my tray files. Once everything is cleared, I'll redownload my favorite CC and mods. Fingers crossed for no major game breaking bugs as I really, really want to start playing with the new systems! They are the main reason I started my template save from scratch. The new systems feel essential to gameplay.

Wow that sounds hardcore. Good for you.
  • Options
    I made a new sim, took her through the botanist aspiration, evolving her garden and I was going to use the scientist option to give her 2 daughters. But after reading that I can't control making them girls I would have to do it through game play, I changed my mind.

Now I want to make her a mad scientist that bugs infants and listens in to their conversations, convinced that they're taking over the world. So I really hope that infants will visit the rec center and that Strangervill's bug table works with the infants.

Is your Mad Scientist crazy, too? LOL Babies babble, but they aren't saying anything intelligible. if you write up this story, I'm interested in reading it. Sounds fun. ;)
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I do have my main save but I am going to use a "test" family for the patch first. Once the ep is out then I will return to my 'had to restart legacy" family.

I have a copy of my current save, I pulled the mods out of it and it shall play vanilla. So, the couple I wish to play with Infants, first, will get their chance. I won't have MCCC immediately, to determine the gender of their first child, but I'll use the eat carrots and listen to Alternative Music. By the time my couple is ready to have their second child, and probably way before then, MCCC no doubt will be up and running again, so I can insure baby number two is their set of identical twin girls. :) But I will likely space them out just a wee bit father than before. I'm not insane, afterall. LOL
  • Options
    I built my legacy family an 8 bedroom house with a first floor nursery and a 2 story library on that 50x50 lot in Willow Creek. Waste of time, they all have 'single and lovin it'. :s Two of Mel's son's have toddler's so I'm holding them back to try them as updated toddlers. Mel's other two sons might have to have science babies to satisfy their urge for a wee little beast of their own if I get the expansion, if not I'm going to have to use vampire witch powers to command a union . On the other hand RL is so bad right now I've gotten the urge to just take Mel on a long vacation to a new save by herself for the peace and quiet. The day infants drop I have to get tested for sleep apnea, I'll be doing the home study and don't forsee actually sleeping much. LoL. :D

I trust you are aware that there is a potion in the Aspiration Awards that will allow you to remove an unwanted Lifestyle? It works. I've used it. I hope your test goes well. I had to take a sleep-deprived EEG a few years back and I failed it. But, my new Neurologist didn't agree with the first doctor's findings. Yay, I'm off of the totally unneeded seizure meds.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I've gotten rid of mods and put my game on a couple of flash drives. I have a bunch of hair files that I've edit to get rid of colors that I don't plan to use in Sim Studio. I'm doing it to lower the size of the file.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Question for the group, since I have been seeing it a a lot, what mods are everyone worried about breaking? I play with a lot of CC and have spent a lot of time pruning out a lot of the garbage or CC duplicates that have been replaced by stuff coming from kits. Should I be worried? I have very little CAS CC and don’t really play with mods other than TOOL.

@DeadFishy the infants update on th 14th & the pack release the16th are going to make HUGE changes to the game. This means that we'll likely have a "modpocolypse", meaning almost ALL mods & cc are going to break (cc doors are confirmed to break). And, yes, TOOL is likely to break; CAS cc too since a whole new lifestage is being added. You're best bet is to do what many others are doing: coping their entire Sims 4 folder to a different location. Or if you don't have the disk space just copy these folders to elsewhere: mods, saves, tray (these three are mandatory); if you put in custom music also copy the custom music folder elsewhere be safe.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I will be starting new saves re-downloading mods deleting pics to make room for the new ones
    I also preordered the ep and I can't really keep playing right now because all my favorite sim wants at the moment is a baby so with the updates coming soon there no real point in me playing right now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Now that I've removed my mods, my prep involves some building work for new homes. I'm also preparing a couple of families - they haven't moved in right now, as they are awaiting the update and will doubtless undergo alterations with the new clothes and functions.

Being sus of big updates, I'm actually planning on restarting my game - I was thinking of doing it for a while - and entirely repopulating the world with various characters, ranging from Sonic the Hedgehog, to TMNT, to Transformers, to the Addams Family. That's a lot of families to prepare.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.