Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is My Wedding Stories playable after the patch?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Ziafar, You schedule them as two different events entirely, so it is up to you to decide how that will work. The Ceremony event is named "Wedding Ceremony" while the Reception event is named "Reception", so it is, literally, two different events.
    What I do is schedule the ceremony ahead of time on the calendar, and then on that day, when all of the ceremony activities are completed I x-out to end that event (rather than wait for the timer to run out). Then I travel with as many guests as I can bring along to the reception venue and start the reception with the phone once there.

The reason I do it that way is that traveling 'with' the guests to the venue first means more of them will be there already when I start it. You could use the phone to just start it from the ceremony venue, and everyone would travel automatically, but it takes longer for everyone to get there when you do it that way.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Stormkeep Thank's a lot. This clarifies the thing very much for me. I do not already have the pack, but since many of the bugs have been adressed I might get it as an Easter present. (with lots of chocolates too I hope!)
    Post edited by Ziafar on
  • Options
    barooshabaroosha Posts: 1 New Member
    Wedding Stories are on sale now. I am more interested in the new world than new wedding functionality. After all of the patches, would you recommend buying the pack?
  • Options
    IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    @baroosha
    It depends on how you like to play. I'm more of the master builder type and I love the game world with its Mediterranean flair, it's just gorgeous plots. But the weddings themselves only work sometimes. Either my Sims aren't disciplined enough (they already have extreme characters), or all the patches didn't really help. I wish we could have the world but turn off the gameplay. But that's how they say: "You can't have your cake and eat it too".
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Do the events have to be at a wedding venue specifically?
    I tried hosting an engagement party at the local café but there was no timer for the event, just ticked off boxes when they had eaten and danced and such. The event dragged out almost til the day after and I had to "cancel it early" as it said when I clicked the x mark.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm still having quite a few bugs with this pack, namely:

-If I select a cake from the inventory as the wedding cake, it disappears from the inventory but sims will still eat pieces of it autonomously if they are hungry, making it unusable for the wedding when you place it (btw it annoys me that the AI doesn't recognize that there's leftovers in the fridge that should take priority).

-Toasts still don't work, sims do not gather around the champagne bottle object when I tell a sim to do one, nor do they listen from far away

-Whenever a sim goes down the island they don't stay put near the arch and immediately run off to do something else

-Flower pals don't work for me, after planning a wedding, before the day of the event I made a sim the flower pal but he had no interaction to go down the isle as one - not super sure on this one, I might have done something wrong, but the game didn't tell me either.

I'd also like to say that the UI and the way everything works is still a bit confusing to me. I don't know how I can double check if everyone is in the right role before the event, or if it's even possible. The way the gameplay works isn't very clear to me and/or it doesn't seem to be well streamlined if that makes any sense.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I also noticed that some of the bugs they had previously fixed slowly creeped back in with the latest patches.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    IreneLiberiusIreneLiberius Posts: 22 Member
    > @83bienchen said:
    > I also noticed that some of the bugs they had previously fixed slowly creeped back in with the latest patches.

Thank you for mentioning that. I haven't had the package for very long and was amazed that quite a few mods had been withdrawn as "no longer required" while all the bugs that these mods would have probably helped with popped up on me.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I’ve just bought the pack in the current sale. I can’t comment on the bugs around the wedding gameplay as I haven’t tried any wedding events yet. But for me it’s already been well worth buying even if the weddings don’t go to plan or are full of bugs - Tartosa is just so beautiful! I don’t think screenshots do it justice. I’ve had one of my couples stay in the rental lot for a weekend away without the kids and just wander around the town, swim in the sea and visit the waterfall. It’s such a great world for a relaxing break. If I also manage to get a wedding that works out roughly okay, then that’ll be a bonus!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @FreddyFox1234 I had some issues with a recent wedding, but I think that was largely due to things other than MWS itself. I agree Tartosa is right up there with San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay as my favorite worlds. My core cast of characters moved there from Willow Creek, but in my mind they are Tartosan's. I can't see them living anywhere else. I did have a brief time where I was kind of down on Tartosa for its size. Once I rethought how I view the individual worlds and how they fit together in terms of geographical distance, Tartosa really blossomed as a favorite. The scenery is gorgeous.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Is it worth getting while on sale now or wait for a better sale. It's currently 15 US dollars at 25% off, but I'm wondering if I should wait till it's at least 50% off or closer to that mark.

I honestly don't put on many weddings in my Sims game and I am more interested in the world and the CAS/BB items.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I'm not crazy about the B/B and the weddings still are busted but the world is really nice. I used to say this is the one pack I regret buying but I've kind of come around on it mostly due to the world.

In my template save, I booted all the families out of the homes because I find the Tartosa pre-mades to be completely uninteresting and ugly (except for the Sotos). I moved the Villareals into the big house in the middle of Tartosa and I have Jacques rule the town with an iron fist. In terms of my own made up lore, it's now probably my favorite world.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm only interested in this pack for the world and one or two pieces of BB, so 25% off isn't much of an inducement for me right now. I've about decided to get it at Christmas time. I'll be hoping for a better discount than 25%, but I may go on and get it then anyway, since I can call it my gift to myself. B)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    Is it worth getting while on sale now or wait for a better sale. It's currently 15 US dollars at 25% off, but I'm wondering if I should wait till it's at least 50% off or closer to that mark.

I honestly don't put on many weddings in my Sims game and I am more interested in the world and the CAS/BB items.

Wait for them to get desperate and give deep discounts. Your interest is limited so your spending should be as well.