Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking a break….

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @HillyBeth sorry to hear about your grandfather. 🤗
    It's not for everyone but after my mom passed I put her in my game.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    curently on a break from the game busy months ahead since its bd months october november then prep for chrismas
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited October 2022
    I tend to play to the point I'm oversaturated then I need to play a different game or not play games at all. Then I come back to it, usually with a different scenario in mind.

I've been playing my American sitcom save a lot recently, but I feel invested in that one so I definitely don't plan to abandon it, as there is a lot more I want to do. I'll put one of the families through Christmas week with aging off to finish off the current year, then switch them to a 4 week calendar instead of 2, so I can resume from a new point when I'm ready.

I have also been craving the sims in a save I made regarding my book series though, so it might be time to go back to them soon. I spent far too long over the weekend looking for very specific CC for my main character.

In the meantime maybe I'll take a break from gaming, or play some Crusader Kings III.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I took a short break last week after I lost my grandfather. There are some days where I don't play, so I'm not burned out.

My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.
    Anybody else ever feel like they need a break from the sims?

I’m in the ‘I can’t get tired of the sims because I need more time to play it’ camp. Real life keeps interfering with my fun time, lol. I moved to ‘the country’ after losing my home in a flood and didn’t realize the property came with a feral cat community! Got them spayed/neutered and now I’m basically running a little animal shelter out here. It eats up a LOT of my free time but yeah, when I sit down to play sims, it’s like a reward. Sims is my happy place. 🙂

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @simgirl1010 and @simsinmysleep thank you both. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've never taken a break from Sims because I didn't feel like playing, I always want to play! I love this game! <3 Since the beginning when the first iteration was released, the only days I'm not playing are if I'm too sick, vacations, during hunting season, visiting family, computer on the fritz or our power was out due to a storm. For me, there's just so much to do and not enough hours in the day I can play to do them!

However, I DO get frustrated with certain bugs/glitches which causes me to rage quit sometimes. But I get over it, find a Mod to fix it, play another save, build, just ignore the problem or find an in-game workaround. For instance, the gardening bugs introduced with the patch prior to the Eco Lifestyle EP release in June, 2020 have been one of the most annoying for me. I love gardening, but I've had to resort to putting plants in household inventory or deleting them when it gets too bad. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment or too optimistic though because it's not long before I'll inevitably haul them out to try again or start a new garden.

I happily played a completely vanilla TS4 for over 7 years until the invasive NPCs constantly interrupting my Sims when they're out and about broke me. I got a Mod for it which started my journey to the dark side (they have cookies!) and I've never looked back. I could definitely play a vanilla game again, but I wouldn't have as much fun as I am now using my small, but growing list of Mods/CC. Just a cold hard fact for me personally, but I suspect there are many more Simmers that feel the same way. :)

Thank you so very much Modders/CC Creators and Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I could definitely play a vanilla game again, but I wouldn't have as much fun as I am now using my small, but growing list of Mods/CC. Just a cold hard fact for me personally, but I suspect there are many more Simmers that feel the same way

Yep, I’m one of them. I was playing a totally vanilla game recently and mostly loving it, but then I took a new sim to Henford-on-Bagley to meet the creature keeper, Michael Bell, and found some stranger in his place. ALL of the HoB regulars were replaced. Oh, heck no. So I got a mod to fix that. Then I got a mod to stop the nonstop phone usage. Then, after giving the new fears system my best try, I gave up and got a mod to remove fears. 😄 I think I’ve added a good half dozen more since then (selectable pets, better build/buy, etc.)

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2022
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm getting bored because I can't play my old saves that I miss so much. They still haven't mentioned if the aging bug is ever going to be fixed

Yes it is. in patch mentioned above. Later MCCC users still had sort of aging bug, but now it has correct ages too.
    Thanks for the info. :)
    Somehow I had missed the patch notes about this and I was extra worried because I've seen people mentioning still having problems with the older saves on long lifespan and rotational playing. Maybe I will have a courage to try some of my old saves now.
    Even if the aging bug is fixed there is still bugs that need to be taken care of before I can get back to gaming the way I used to.
    Also the other thing is that the electricity usage costs so much nowadays that I need to limit the time I spend on my laptop, but that's just a thing that has nothing to do with Sims 4.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    When I find myself in need of a break, I fire up Sims Medieval and play that .
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I've now been on a break for 2-3 months. I'm normally very into playing and have no trouble coming up with things for my sims. But I've been on long breaks before as well. It's your time, just do what you feel like doing.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm actually totally the opposite right now. I just had my break because alot of the patches and the new expansion broke the game, so I went off to complete the Tomb Raider games 100%. I'm nearly done with that now and desperate to go back to simming!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm not burnt out, I just now have a Syndrome similar to PEPS, waiting for those infants they mentioned. Harder than I thought to play my game farther, when I know darned well, I will roll back to before their first baby is born, so I can take advantage of the new infants. Happily, I have other things I can do with my time. Genealogy, and finishing the editing on my latest book. Yes, I'm still editing. Been spending most of my time playing this fool game. LOL

@HillyBeth So sorry to learn of your loss.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'm currently on a near-total break from The Sims right now, too. I have a lot of other interests, and not enough unstructured time in my day/week to enjoy all of them. Like a few of you, I've been hesitant to touch my main save for a while. My daughter and I have spent some time in CAS, and I've tried to sharpen my building skills, but otherwise, a few of my other hobbies have been at the forefront. Soon, my Sims muse will visit again, and my hiatus will undoubtedly end. In the meantime, I'm having fun doing other things. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I'm currently on a near-total break from The Sims right now, too. I have a lot of other interests, and not enough unstructured time in my day/week to enjoy all of them. Like a few of you, I've been hesitant to touch my main save for a while. My daughter and I have spent some time in CAS, and I've tried to sharpen my building skills, but otherwise, a few of my other hobbies have been at the forefront. Soon, my Sims muse will visit again, and my hiatus will undoubtedly end. In the meantime, I'm having fun doing other things. :)

I've wondered where you've been, and I'm not alone. I'm relieved and so very happy to hear that you and Z are well. We all look forward to hearing from you and Z again when the time is right. Until then, take care of yourselves, both of you. That's a wish and an order.🤗
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I don't say I need a break, I have a good balance between living in real life and playing my game, I only play the sims 4, I would never cancel plans with family and friends to play a game, I've currently been staying at my boyfriends house for 5 nights and I'm staying tonight, when I get home my plan is spending time with the mum, have a cuppa tea and catch up first then I'm going to play my game for 2 hours...2 hours of mayhem 😂, its all to do with balance with me, I enjoy playing my game and escape from the real world however I don't forget to live outside of the game, balance is key simmers enjoy your game but make sure you enjoy your life to and spend time with your loved ones
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have always taken little breaks from the sims ever since the original. Mostly it’s because life gets in the way but sometimes it’s because I’m playing other games. If you are bored then absolutely take a break. It usually helps.
  • Options
    chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    I haven't played in a couple weeks because those have been really stressful for me. Since another game my SO and I wanna play together is releasing next month, I really wanna scratch that itch and play The Sims now. But now I've run into another problem.

I don't know what to do in-game.

There are no ongoing saves left, and I've already tried to apply my own advice I usually give people... but it doesn't seem to work. My well of inspiration has never run dry before, but now I feel stuck. I boot up the game, sit around for half an hour at most and then quit. I guess the last couple weeks left me a bit drained mentally. I do want to play, but... well. I think you get the idea. I'm not entirely sure if I should just extend my break at this point or just jump in and play. :#
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I usually play Minecraft or Stardew Valley when I take a break from Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?