Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Countdown Thread To The Sims Summit Livestream (Now Available)!!!!!

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Sprigh wrote: Β»

What are we looking at? I can't figure it out.

An adult with an infant in a carrier

LOL!!! I thought it was a child with a backpack. I was like "ummm....we already have those."

I am excited about the new worlds. The first one especially, it looks so different than what we already have in game. The bridge world? Looks like the other side of San Myshuno. I'm excited about it too but not as much as that first one. I'd LOVE a colorful world that makes me think of Hispanic locations. But it gives me more of an Italy vibe......that's alright, too.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm so happy they are freeing the babies! I hope we can rock them to sleep..
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    SimguruFrost said early 2023 for freed babies πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2022
    SimguruFrost said early 2023 for freed babies πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

I can't bloody believe they are finally freeing babies!!! OMG To hell with those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ugly bassinets!!! Swoosh
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Alright feeling less concerned and even excited with what project rene could end up as. I cant wait for new worlds and updated babies though!
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    edited October 2022
    I am SO excited for improved babies!!! :heart:

Also, The Sims 5 looks amazing. I can't wait to see more. :love:
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I’m interested in the first world with the market stalls and the colourful houses. Not sure why but it made me think of Portugal/Brazil 😁

It looks a lot like busan south korea.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    They freed the Babies! Time for a celebration!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Alright feeling less concerned and even excited with what project rene could end up as. I cant wait for new worlds and updated babies though!

I'm with you in the excitement for freed babies and new worlds. I'm a sucker for new worlds. I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Project Rene, but I feel it's signaling exactly what a lot of us don't want to see, multiplayer. This is EA/Maxis' first step in trying to lure us over. They've already decided that there will be no offline simming when the next generation of The Sims arrives. Project Rene is their way of trying to change our minds.

I love interacting with my Sims loving friends here on the forums. There are a few friends on here I would be open to simming with in an environment that is strictly controlled and can't be invaded by the trolls. At the same time I want to be able to escape to a world that is just me and my sims, telling a story that I created and that only they and I have a say in. A story and a world that is just us. Like my Under The Tartosan Sun. I love sharing that story with everyone here, but I want how the story unfolds to be between me and the characters except in those circumstances where I come seeking input from my readers.

And every other game seems to be all about multiplayer and microtransactions. How about for once, a game followed a new path by going back to the old ways. EA has plenty of other titles that fit the new mold, they could surely allow this one quirky, oddball franchise to remain the oddball by not taking it online multiplayer. I know I'm fighting a losing battle, but somethings are worth fighting for.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    @DaniRose2143 When they showed the drop down menu in the game settings for Project Rene, there were options for both solo and shared play. Hopefully that means the plan is to support both.
  • Options
    @cyncie In all honesty, that right there is a lot of my worry about an either or system. I feel like EA and Maxis are going to reserve the best content only for those who play multiplayer. Those of us who want to keep simming solo are going to get only the barest of bare bones game. In that case I feel like we're going to get a game so vanilla it'll make vanilla TS4 look like a hot fudge sundae with sprinkles. If they give us everything they give the online players and don't find extra ways to nickel and dime us to death any worse then they do now, I'm okay with it. I'd rather buy packs instead of having to buy each individual CAS or BB item separately.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    @cyncie In all honesty, that right there is a lot of my worry about an either or system. I feel like EA and Maxis are going to reserve the best content only for those who play multiplayer. Those of us who want to keep simming solo are going to get only the barest of bare bones game. In that case I feel like we're going to get a game so vanilla it'll make vanilla TS4 look like a hot fudge sundae with sprinkles. If they give us everything they give the online players and don't find extra ways to nickel and dime us to death any worse then they do now, I'm okay with it. I'd rather buy packs instead of having to buy each individual CAS or BB item separately.

Agreed on that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Yes I was thinking the same thing. I hope they made the water swimmable as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I'm with you in the excitement for freed babies and new worlds. I'm a sucker for new worlds. I wish I could share your enthusiasm for Project Rene, but I feel it's signaling exactly what a lot of us don't want to see, multiplayer. This is EA/Maxis' first step in trying to lure us over. They've already decided that there will be no offline simming when the next generation of The Sims arrives. Project Rene is their way of trying to change our minds.

I love interacting with my Sims loving friends here on the forums. There are a few friends on here I would be open to simming with in an environment that is strictly controlled and can't be invaded by the trolls. At the same time I want to be able to escape to a world that is just me and my sims, telling a story that I created and that only they and I have a say in. A story and a world that is just us. Like my Under The Tartosan Sun. I love sharing that story with everyone here, but I want how the story unfolds to be between me and the characters except in those circumstances where I come seeking input from my readers.

And every other game seems to be all about multiplayer and microtransactions. How about for once, a game followed a new path by going back to the old ways. EA has plenty of other titles that fit the new mold, they could surely allow this one quirky, oddball franchise to remain the oddball by not taking it online multiplayer. I know I'm fighting a losing battle, but somethings are worth fighting for.

Project Renee will have a single player mode. Multiplayer will be optional.
  • Options

Project Renee will have a single player mode. Multiplayer will be optional.

True, and I hope and pray that they don't give all the goodies to multiplayer and leave single player to get scraps and leftovers. If they treat them as equals I'm ok with having the option. I'm not entirely against multiplayer, there are some simmers on here I would be happy to create and share a sims world with, to combine our stories into a bigger story. My worry is when we retreat to our private game, and most of us will from time to time, it is going to be a hollow shell in comparison.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm still confused about the "multi-player" part. Is it going to be for actually playing the game or just creating/designing in a collaboration style for lots, venues, rooms, etc? I re-watched that part of the stream 3x and I'm still not sure.

I mean I saw where there were other people in that room, because you could see their names whenever they were mousing around and doing stuff in the room. I also saw a number in the upper left corner (maybe to indicate either how many other players are on that lot or maybe how many people are on your friend's list). I also noticed a green dot on the avatar in that same area of the UI, which typically indicates if you are online).
    fh2wAq2.png

And, I saw where you could save your creation either for only yourself or share with anybody on "Maxis Lab" it said, which I'm sure will not be the name but more like what the gallery is. It also said that a copy of the creation (in the example they showed, it was a room) would also be saved in the catalog and in the player's library.

But what I'm most confused about is if it's going to be more a private online thing and not an actual MMO because I also heard her say something about "You can choose to play or create by yourself or with your closest friends regardless of what platform they're on".

All in all, I personally am super excited about the next iteration being "officially announced". And I'm even MORE excited for the return of the color-wheel and some sort of scaled down CASt option. And ridiculously excited for the ability to choose different aspects of the objects (headboard, footboard, sheets, etc) freely being able to place items and to rotate them on any axis, etc.

Plus if this is the art style they're going with, I'm ok with it. It's a little more realistic (more details on items) not quite so cartoonish, and much less fisher price doll-house clunky and chunky.