Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Top 5 Questions About Kits

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Neighborhood kit idea & inspo
    uzhjimmwvhfq.jpeg
    2ta0k3ss9f8b.jpeg
    au9tmzu9tv5w.jpeg
    ekrpd38i7md5.jpeg

A kit dedicated to neighborhoods . It could introduce neighborhood watch and bring back robbers . As well as add other game play like : lemonade stand for kids
    garage/yard sale for adults/ teens
    lawn mower business of teens / adults looking to make a little extra simolens
    Neighborhood block parties & play dates for the kiddos which could also introduce strollers for babies and/or toddlers.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2022
    Kits only make sense compared to what content creators create if at least one new object mod is added to the kit: in other words, at least one object that does something that hasn't been done in the current game before. An example is the vacuum from the bust the dust kit. The ability to check floors for cleanliness also adds value to that kit pack. On the other hand, the only thing that the throwback fitness kit, menswear kit, fashion streetwear kit, and incheon arrivals kits really add are more clothes, though there are a few new clothes meshes. It is a breeze for custom content creators to churn out more clothes if they fit existing meshes. Recolors are, and have always been, the easiest thing for third party creators to make. I remember my first custom content experience with TS1 Transmogrifier: the tutorial was creating a green lawn flamingo.

If the fitness kit had even added say, an exercise bicycle, a set of functional barbells, a rowing machine, or a stair-stepping machine, it would have added value and made the kit worth it. If the incheon arrivals or fashion streetwear kit had come with say, a bus-stop rabbithole or subway rabbithole placed where walking Sims disappear off the street in the neighborhood to travel, it would have added far more value.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2022
    Neighborhood kit idea & inspo
    uzhjimmwvhfq.jpeg
    2ta0k3ss9f8b.jpeg
    au9tmzu9tv5w.jpeg
    ekrpd38i7md5.jpeg
    A kit dedicated to neighborhoods . It could introduce neighborhood watch and bring back robbers . As well as add other game play like : lemonade stand for kids
    garage/yard sale for adults/ teens
    lawn mower business of teens / adults looking to make a little extra simolens
    Neighborhood block parties & play dates for the kiddos which could also introduce strollers for babies and/or toddlers.

Note: to this poster, please either resize the pics or use spoiler and /spoiler bb tags with [ and ] around them. I am surprised those are not in the automatic interface where the bold and italic buttons are.

Missed opportunities:
    The neighborhood watch decoration sign with either Eco Living or Cottage Living kit.
    The homemade lemonade stand with Cottage Living.
    The garage sale with Eco Living. However, at least we have the merchant tables with both Eco Living and Jungle Adventures, which come close, but tends to look more like a swap meet.
    BTW, why didn't they add working canopy tents over those for when it rains?? Soaked merchandise is not appealing.
    The lawn mower (or even a lawn mowing tractor) with Cottage Living.
    Are they planning a Golf Course pack or something? The lawn mower would be a perfect addition to that, as would a golf cart. (EA/Maxis, if you are reading this, please consider this permission to use, own, and publish this golf pack idea. I am not even asking for any royalties, though credit for the idea would be nice.) Talk about "going clubbing"...with golf clubs and golfing bags to hold the golf clubs. Might even be a good opportunity to add items to wear on Sims' backs, like backpacks, fashion wings, etc.

Stair-step fitness machine, exercise bicycle, or functional barbells should have come with Throwback Fitness kit.
    I believe play dates were already added to the game with one of the packs.

Strollers SERIOUSLY should have come with Toddler stuff, along with playpens. Instead, we got a bubble play area like you see in fast food restaurants (pre-pandemic).

Oh well, they could always do some sort of "wheel" pack. For anything on wheels that isn't in the game yet.

Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Kits only make sense compared to what content creators create if at least one new object mod is added to the kit: in other words, at least one object that does something that hasn't been done in the current game before. An example is the vacuum from the bust the dust kit. The ability to check floors for cleanliness also adds value to that kit pack. On the other hand, the only thing that the throwback fitness kit, menswear kit, fashion streetwear kit, and incheon arrivals kits really add are more clothes, though there are a few new clothes meshes. It is a breeze for custom content creators to churn out more clothes if they fit existing meshes. Recolors are, and have always been, the easiest thing for third party creators to make. I remember my first custom content experience with TS1 Transmogrifier: the tutorial was creating a green lawn flamingo.

If the fitness kit had even added say, an exercise bicycle, a set of functional barbells, a rowing machine, or a stair-stepping machine, it would have added value and made the kit worth it. If the incheon arrivals or fashion streetwear kit had come with say, a bus-stop rabbithole or subway rabbithole placed where walking Sims disappear off the street in the neighborhood to travel, it would have added far more value.

You are talking about a stuff pack now, and people complained about them so they slowed down on making them. I loved the stuff packs, even the older ones. They always had a new playable object, new clothes, new hairs, and build/buy….. I sure miss them……
  • Options
    Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Much better back in the days where there only was a game pack and stuffpack, and the stuffpacks acutally was a stuffpack and not a pack with 30 new objects. It saddens me with the new packs, because i feel riped off with the lack of content, and the packs dosn't even work properly, there is always bugs. Stop the cash cow idea and focus on making packs that people actually want, and not just a part of it.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2022
    well still NO Bands with lead singers. i inspect ea kit, i have bought two so far. i prefer playing on my pc. you'll need to find a way to buy not by apps. i hate apps they take up to much resource. plus i cannot see it that well haha. im sure there's another way. happy simming
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Zeri Your right on point, I agree I want more hairstyles and more clothing.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited January 2023
    More items for pets. More collars, vests, furniture and toys. I don't want silly costumes.

Edit: And bring back hydrants or designated places for pets to do their business.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    PrincessPigiPrincessPigi Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the Bust The Dust kit, although it receives a fair amount of negative responses. Personally any kit that actually affects gameplay should always be considered #1.
    Other kits either focus on CAS or build mode items, which is great for style updates, but honestly, nothing beats a good bit of gameplay updating like what we received with the vacuum and dust factor.

The fact that it's optional (can be turned off) so the players that aren't amused by it don't have to suffer, I just think it's great!
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    I love the Bust The Dust kit, although it receives a fair amount of negative responses. Personally any kit that actually affects gameplay should always be considered #1.
    Other kits either focus on CAS or build mode items, which is great for style updates, but honestly, nothing beats a good bit of gameplay updating like what we received with the vacuum and dust factor.

The fact that it's optional (can be turned off) so the players that aren't amused by it don't have to suffer, I just think it's great!

Old post, but I second this I definitely think another try should be given to gameplay kits, especially since it looks like stuff packs are no more. It would be a nice fill in & off topic if there must be more CAS kits, can we get more formal & party wears?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    I wish they would add more gameplay kits. Is the dust system annoying? sure. I do have it deactivated right now. But i still enjoy my sims vacuuming and there's the quirky things you can do with the hand vacuum like clean off toddlers xD I wish they would give them another chance. A kitchen appliance kit would be awesome, to get like a blender, pressure cooker, air fryer, and it can give like ways to make new recipes like smoothies, or even ones that already exist in game.
    Post edited by Coconut27 on