Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasn't new videogames supposed to be added to High School Years?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I purchased the New Pc and it only has the same 3 basegame games we've had. I specifically remember someone showing off some new videogames that aren't the 3 we've had for that pack. Maybe they cut those out and their saving them for an SDX or I'm missing something but I remember one of the Game Changers showing them with High School Years or prehaps their not showing cause of a bug what I like to refer to as their invisible in videogames pie menu. This happens sometimes after a patch.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2022
    Checked into my game and I'll share some things.

That new game you can see there is called Crypt Creeper. It seems to be some short of horror puzzle game. Unfortunately, you can't unlock it by raising video gaming skill. You can only livestream it with the new video game streamer part-time job.
    That's... why? Other games can be livestreamed with social media and e-sports (tech guru branch) careers, but this... only for the effects?

What's interesting that when watching gaming streams on Sim.TV, you may also see a farming-sim type game being streamed. However, I unfortunately haven't found this game.

Edit. Level 2 of this career unlocks livestreaming that farming game with friends (any sim). In addition, it unlocks livestreaming The Sims Infinite, which literally reuses scenes The Sims Forever uses.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Or is it like that window they had to patch in later? Just leaving out content and hoping no one notices :D
  • Options
    Or is it like that window they had to patch in later? Just leaving out content and hoping no one notices :D

I want to hope that those games could be played by anyone in the future. Right now, both of the new games can only be livestreamed by video game streamers.

So, that's my final answer. There are no new video games, just new video game scenes for two livestream interactions.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I said hmm because it would not surprise me if EA didn't put it in the game.

There's an item that was in the tiny living pack which has been missing from my game for awhile. It's the kitchen hanging rack in the build mode list, 3rd row from the top, the one before the last item on the row.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-tiny-living#store-page-section-contents

I have spent hours searching for it in my game and I can't find it.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2022

There's an item that was in the tiny living pack which has been missing from my game for awhile. It's the kitchen hanging rack in the build mode list, 3rd row from the top, the one before the last item on the row.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-tiny-living#store-page-section-contents

@DragonAge_300905

That kitchen rack is located in the "Surfaces -> Displays" section. It functions like a wall shelf with one slot to place decor/clutter. You can also locate bb items by simply filtering per pack rather than spending ages looking through everything. Click on the little green arrow on the top right side of the bb catalogue menu and sort by packs (ie: Tiny Living).
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Thank you! Also I didn't know about the slot to place a item on it. Thanks for that info too.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

That new game you can see there is called Crypt Creeper. It seems to be some short of horror puzzle game. Unfortunately, you can't unlock it by raising video gaming skill. You can only livestream it with the new video game streamer part-time job.
    That's... why? Other games can be livestreamed with social media and e-sports (tech guru branch) careers, but this... only for the effects?

What's interesting that when watching gaming streams on Sim.TV, you may also see a farming-sim type game being streamed. However, I unfortunately haven't found this game.

Edit. Level 2 of this career unlocks livestreaming that farming game with friends (any sim). In addition, it unlocks livestreaming The Sims Infinite, which literally reuses scenes The Sims Forever uses.

@EgonVM ...This is very informative and helpful information when I eventually get around to this. Have you discovered or had the opportunity to have sneaking out of the house happen?
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »

@EgonVM ...This is very informative and helpful information when I eventually get around to this. Have you discovered or had the opportunity to have sneaking out of the house happen?

I haven't unfortunately. Though I did get a message from Ash Harjo once saying that they'll share some information on the Saturday. There were options to either block their number or not block their number. I quit the game without saving before they could message me again (as I was testing out the graduation), but I haven't got it again (I guess it's because my other sims aren't living in Copperdale).

Oh, and one more info. Livestreaming is under the career things for Video Game Streamers (on computers).
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I haven't unfortunately. Though I did get a message from Ash Harjo once saying that they'll share some information on the Saturday. There were options to either block their number or not block their number. I quit the game without saving before they could message me again (as I was testing out the graduation), but I haven't got it again (I guess it's because my other sims aren't living in Copperdale).

Oh, and one more info. Livestreaming is under the career things for Video Game Streamers (on computers).

Thank you for replying.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

Why are they lock by career?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Was it one of these shelves?

Vs6Zlin.png
    AEoWatj.png

If it's the 2nd pic, probably couldn't find it because of how they have it tagged, under "Display" which is super weird! You were probably looking under shelving, decor, and wall sculptures.

I always filter by packs if I'm looking for something specific or search by partial name.
  • Options

Was it one of these shelves?

Vs6Zlin.png
    AEoWatj.png

If it's the 2nd pic, probably couldn't find it because of how they have it tagged, under "Display" which is super weird! You were probably looking under shelving, decor, and wall sculptures.

I always filter by packs if I'm looking for something specific or search by partial name.

It was the second one. I searched under the entire decorating tab several times when I was looking for it.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @DragonAge_300905 If I'm not mistaken (not in the game right now), Displays are under Surfaces not in Decor so that probably why you didn't find it.
  • Options

Why are they lock by career?

Great question. I don't know myself, especially as The Sims Infinite literally reuses scenes The Sims Forever uses and the other careers that can livestream (e-sports gamer (tech guru) and internet personality (social media)) can livestream every game available.