Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is NPC autonomy working for you for those that have the feature enabled?

I have only been bombarded by npcs asking me to be best friends over and over. I haven't been asked out or anything like that.

Can you all share your exact experiences with this feature as I can't tell if its working as expected yet?

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m having the same experience you are with the “breaking in” and asking to be best friends. It honestly isn’t working great for me at all, my lot has the “private dwelling” lot trait and it’s always full of random Sims. So far it’s worked well once, my Sim rode that love ride thing and her crush asked her to be his girlfriend after it. I have been getting a bunch of cringe type things, my teen Sim’s school friends keep asking her parents to be their best friend, and one teen boy asked her step mom to be his girlfriend. So far I’m just finding it annoying, because everyone is just mad at each other now. :|
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Teen boys hitting on adults is a bit cringy but realistic. Devs please fix this to make the feature enjoyable.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m having the same experience you are with the “breaking in” and asking to be best friends. It honestly isn’t working great for me at all, my lot has the “private dwelling” lot trait and it’s always full of random Sims. So far it’s worked well once, my Sim rode that love ride thing and her crush asked her to be his girlfriend after it. I have been getting a bunch of cringe type things, my teen Sim’s school friends keep asking her parents to be their best friend, and one teen boy asked her step mom to be his girlfriend. So far I’m just finding it annoying, because everyone is just mad at each other now. :|

This part is the most problematic for me. I can live with the very annoying popups and calls, but why didn't they add an option to just click them away and not deal with them at all? Not every player wants random offerings and autonomy from other Sims.

The way they are now is very aggressive: Either you accept or the relationship with the person will be ruined!
    That is so interfering with my own storyline I have in mind. I despise these random generated popups and calls, because they almost never fit the personality of my Sims or my own storyline I want to play. But now I am forced to either accept the offer and ruin my storyline or reject it and ruin my Sims friendship...that's not fair. What about a third option of just canceling the offer?

I hate this! I wish these popups and calls were part of neighborhoodstories, because then we could disable them in the settings. Options is all I want! Please give us options! :(
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So I guess no one else is using the NPC autonomy feature? It doesn't seem to work as advertised. Not one NPC has asked any of my sims out or initiated a relationship other than being best friends.

DEVS, PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2022
    So I guess no one else is using the NPC autonomy feature? It doesn't seem to work as advertised. Not one NPC has asked any of my sims out or initiated a relationship other than being best friends.

This is teens I haven't had it happen to a young adult and up yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I have only been bombarded by npcs asking me to be best friends over and over. I haven't been asked out or anything like that.

Can you all share your exact experiences with this feature as I can't tell if its working as expected yet?

Please list in the link. Since the Emergency Patch it don't happen for boy/girlfriend.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    My sim was asked to the prom by Kevin Puri (socially awkward guy from the trailer). It was not as friends, but as date. The pop up started with “So the rumors were true…”. They got few romance points after that. They were only friends before he took action in his hands. 😆 I liked that he actually walked up to her at the end of the class. That was really good.

But for the rest of the time sims only want to be best friends, usually when my sim already has one and I don’t want to change that for her. So she ends up being disliked. One girl walked up to her house during a date, I used that as opportunity to send her tons of mean messages on social bunny. Hopefully this will stop her in the future.

It seems to me this feature needs some tuning, especially rabid behavior of sims wanting badly to be BFFs. I don’t expect to see action like Kevin’s a lot as that was the first time I experience anything so exciting since I bought the pack (and I play it daily). I only hope this feature won’t be abandoned like life styles, which I needed to turn off.
  • Options
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    My sim was asked to the prom by Kevin Puri (socially awkward guy from the trailer). It was not as friends, but as date. The pop up started with “So the rumors were true…”. They got few romance points after that. They were only friends before he took action in his hands. 😆 I liked that he actually walked up to her at the end of the class. That was really good.

But for the rest of the time sims only wants to be best friends, usually when my sim already has one and I don’t want to change that for her. So she ends up being disliked. One girl walked up to her house during a date, I used that as opportunity to send her tons of mean messages on social bunny. Hopefully this will stop her in the future.

Did he prom posel or just ask her?
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    He just asked. I haven’t seen anyone doing promposal in my game. I play on PS4 so no conflicting mods or cc. Maybe promposal can be triggered when sims are actually dating?
  • Options

This is teens I haven't had it happen to a young adult and up yet.

Yeah I haven't played any teen content yet. I was looking forward to this feature PRIMARILY for the adult interactions smh.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    My sim was also asked by a girl to go to the prom, as friends. As Jasper is going to be attending university with an honors program...no time for girlfriends.

I did see 2 students with one prom posal going on...it was cute.

Because curious minds want to know, just why are there four proms?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    My sim was also asked by a girl to go to the prom, as friends. As Jasper is going to be attending university with an honors program...no time for girlfriends.

Proms should be once a season in my opinion. I keep hearing how often it is held. I hope that they fix it.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »

Proms should be once a season in my opinion. I keep hearing how often it is held. I hope that they fix it.

I don't. I love having proms. I wish our adult sims could have a Love Day dance.
  • Options
    I played all night and no sim ask me to be their boyfriend or asked me to get married. I played adults yesterday
  • Options
    I played all night and no sim ask me to be their boyfriend or asked me to get married. I played adults yesterday

Yea its a broken feature. That was one of the main things that I was looking forward to with the expansion pack and its not even working.
  • Options
    I'm going to mention this bug on AMQ and make a bug report since no one else has.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen your young adults develop chrushes? I'm afraid crushes are only locked to teens.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    He just asked. I haven’t seen anyone doing promposal in my game. I play on PS4 so no conflicting mods or cc. Maybe promposal can be triggered when sims are actually dating?

No, my Sim in my Flashback save had only just met his future wife. He was able to do the promposal thing just fine. First time I ran through this they both agreed to skip the prom. When he brought her back from the outing (he got invited to the Spice Festival, and brought her along with him) she totally burst into tears. Erik, being a guy, was a little slow to comprehend what was wrong. Then it dawned on him. Girls like to dress up and go dancing. That's when he asked her if she would like to go with him — as a friend. Sneaky little devil that he is, he asked her to be his girlfriend at the Prom!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    @catloverplayer I haven't seen anyone but teens get crushes so far.
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I've seen a couple of crushes, but mostly it has been random sims asking to be best friends, regardless of if they actually know the sim or not. If you say yes it does not seem to improve the relationship as far as I can see. Have also had a few NPCs ask my teens to prom, all with a friend level relationship or better, but no signs so far.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It looks like we're going to have to wait for a modder to add crushes and adults being asked to be boy/girlfriend.

Maxis could fix this though by tuning npc asking your sims to be best friends too many times. Tuning that down might increase the chances they get asked to be boy/girlfriend.

Maxis made it seem all age groups except children would get asked out and develop chushes now we need a modder to add that to young adults and up.

• Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @catloverplayer
    My current household has a husband and wife who had crushes on each other in high school and now everytime they are in the same room one or the both of them are tense because they are around their crush. Shouldn't the crush buffs go away if you marry them?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I haven't seen young adult crushes yet I don't think they have carried over from highschool to uni age though and just got this!
    HkxFh3C.png
    Of course she had to say yes, even though her first baby daddy just had her baby....
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’ve turned off the NPC neighborhood feature thing and still my sim after setting him up with his boyfriend because of a storyline I enjoyed in the preview… But in my own way

So I’m playing the popular boy Liam (who lives on his own) and he asks his boyfriend Sydney (I think to the prom) but after that I get fifty million offers to the prom as friends (when he already has a date) or female sims as prom as a dates for Liam (when he’s flagged as gay) also a million be best friends with a sim, which I wouldn’t mind if my sim could have for than one best friend. I’m tired of reading my sim and another had a falling out, when he chooses another sim to be his best friend (because we don’t have a turn off feature or I forget.

I wish we could have a coming out feature and a more than one best friend option.

Looking for mods that add one of these things