Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the graduation ceremony???

Ok granted I play with aging off but we should have a graduation ceremony when your sim graduate early or have the player to choose a graduation ceremony themselves in the calendar. I had my sim graduate early but no highschool diploma then they said she dropped out of highschool and if she wants her diploma you have to get it online so I went online no diploma??? So my sim is going to college early I guess lol. My thing is players should have the option to choose the graduation ceremony. Graduation doesn't work apparently for aging off and that's wrong imo.

Comments

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I know! I did an early graduation and didn't get anything!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited August 2022
    So glad I didn't follow through on the early graduation thing. The only thing I know about graduation, is it's supposed to happen the first weekend after your Sim ages up to YA. (I believe I read that somewhere.) I know in Sims 3, we had to have our kids go to City Hall, for a rabbit hole graduation. I have no clue how it plays out with HSY. I just had a look at the age of my Sim yesterday. He has all of five days left in his Teens! This is a tad too soon. I know he should have way more days left than five. I play on long and only took aging off after the second patch to 'fix' the aging thing. Looks like I will be employing MCCC to set the number of days in his age bracket.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I think it's supposed to be in the Auditorium in Copperdale that's by the High School.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I aged my teen sim up to young adult, and the following Sunday was her graduation ceremony, which is at the same auditorium as the prom and career day. Important to note is that while it did show up on my calendar, I got no pop-up at the time of the ceremony, I had to actively go into the calendar and send her. I also had a bit of a glitch or bug where she wouldn't change into her cap and gown.

I believe that graduating early deliberately removes the option for a graduation, I'm not sure if you're supposed to get a diploma for that still or not, but you are supposed to get a "graduated early" trait that gets you career bonuses or something.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    @GalacticGal Yeah the only perk from graduating early is getting a "graduated high school early trait" that gives a career boost.
  • Options
    crebo19 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Yeah the only perk from graduating early is getting a "graduated high school early trait" that gives a career boost.

Thanks. He's already got a rather lucrative career going. LOL I kept him in school, so it's now a moot point. He only has about 5-6 days before he ages up. Then this save is moot. This is the Flashback version of Erik Cantrell. Since they 'fixed' the aging bug, I can go back to my Main Save. I do have it backed-up should the worst happen. But thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    My Sims just went to the graduation at the auditorium in Copperdale and now she can't wear anything but her graduation robe. I already made a post about it in the AnswerHQ. So my advice is: Do not attend the ceremony.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »

You can also attend uni once you have graduated, so it means you can finish sooner.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I aged my teen sim up to young adult, and the following Sunday was her graduation ceremony, which is at the same auditorium as the prom and career day. Important to note is that while it did show up on my calendar, I got no pop-up at the time of the ceremony, I had to actively go into the calendar and send her. I also had a bit of a glitch or bug where she wouldn't change into her cap and gown.

I believe that graduating early deliberately removes the option for a graduation, I'm not sure if you're supposed to get a diploma for that still or not, but you are supposed to get a "graduated early" trait that gets you career bonuses or something.

@smoothyrus129 I didn't get the graduating early trait it said your sim dropped out of highschool I'm like she graduated early how is that dropping out? to get your diploma go to the computer online so I did but I didn't see anything. I did apply to uni so in so confused.
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    I wish i'd found this sooner lol! I am still playing with new saves to see how it all works before I go to my other saves, and I am probably on about week 4 or 5 in game, and I have used the potion of youth to stop her aging up so I can see a graduation hahaha! I feel silly!
  • Options
    wrathykins wrote: »
    I wish i'd found this sooner lol! I am still playing with new saves to see how it all works before I go to my other saves, and I am probably on about week 4 or 5 in game, and I have used the potion of youth to stop her aging up so I can see a graduation hahaha! I feel silly!

I know it's so crazy.
  • Options
    katz52katz52 Posts: 1 New Member
    At some point, will sims that graduated early be able to join University clubs (brainiacs, secret society, etc)?
  • Options
    wrathykins wrote: »

Don't feel silly, it's just a learning curve. I still haven't had a single Sim graduate HS. I've had to start and restart too many times. In fact, I just restarted for the third time. This time I'm sticking with this save. I no longer feel bound to what was my Main Save. This will take it's place. Allows me more flexibility, for one. MCCC has a new version to compensate for the age problem. MCCC v.2022. 5.0
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Ok granted I play with aging off but we should have a graduation ceremony when your sim graduate early or have the player to choose a graduation ceremony themselves in the calendar. I had my sim graduate early but no highschool diploma then they said she dropped out of highschool and if she wants her diploma you have to get it online so I went online no diploma??? So my sim is going to college early I guess lol. My thing is players should have the option to choose the graduation ceremony. Graduation doesn't work apparently for aging off and that's wrong imo.

I think the option should be to attend the next Graduation. I've had my Sim age up to YA and been labeled a Drop Out. Three times! Once again, I've reset my game folder, did a game repair and installed the very latest MCCC to help fix the age thing. It was stuck on Normal, apparently. I play on Long, over aging off. I only turn aging off while the kids are in Uni, lest they lose too many of their YA years. Craziness. I do hope I have better success this go-around.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If you go to the Graduation ceremony, you can actually have your sim go up and get a diploma, even if they've graduated early. In my test play, I had one sim graduate early, and the other age up and graduate.
    I never got a notification about graduation starting, but I went to the auditorium right around 6pm on the Sunday after the second sim aged up and was able to have both sims go across the stage. (I clicked on "receive ceremonial diploma" for both of them, because I didn't trust the game to not bug out.) I'd have to check their inventories, but I believe both received a graduation picture too (tip - change the first "everyday" outfit to the cap and gown if you want them in the picture.)
    This was before any bug-fixes from this week's patch too.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    If you go to the Graduation ceremony, you can actually have your sim go up and get a diploma, even if they've graduated early. In my test play, I had one sim graduate early, and the other age up and graduate.
    I never got a notification about graduation starting, but I went to the auditorium right around 6pm on the Sunday after the second sim aged up and was able to have both sims go across the stage. (I clicked on "receive ceremonial diploma" for both of them, because I didn't trust the game to not bug out.) I'd have to check their inventories, but I believe both received a graduation picture too (tip - change the first "everyday" outfit to the cap and gown if you want them in the picture.)

I know this might sound stupid but when you say the Sunday after. If I age up on Saturday on Sunday is the ceremony. Or is it the next Sunday. I was really bummed out to on the graduation ceremony. Really the only bug that I experienced.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I know this might sound stupid but when you say the Sunday after. If I age up on Saturday on Sunday is the ceremony. Or is it the next Sunday. I was really bummed out to on the graduation ceremony. Really the only bug that I experienced.

If you age up before midnight on Saturday, your Graduation ceremony is the next day. I'm unsure of the timing between midnight and 2 am (because 2 am is the "end of day" for holidays and such)

Basically I saw James Turner do this in his Let's Play and tried it and it worked for me the same way.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited September 2022
    It's annoying that there is no message informing us that it's time for graduation. There are messages for prom, why not graduation? I waited and waited the Sunday after my Sim grew up.
    I think I also saw a message saying something was coming in the mail? Nothing came.
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It's annoying that there is no message informing us that it's time for graduation. There are messages for prom, why not graduation? I waited and waited the Sunday after my Sim grew up.
    I think I also saw a message saying something was coming in the mail? Nothing came.

Exactly or when it's a message you go there and then there's nothing going on. I finally got a graduation but it was so delayed also you supposed to get your diploma in the mail but it doesn't show up at least not for me.
  • Options
    feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    Hi! My sim aging up, I have a pop up for aspiration, trait, but nothing about graduation. I don’t know what to do…

I have no clue about a high school graduation.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited June 2023
    I've been able to attend graduation ceremonies with two of my sims.

Graduation is shown in the household calendar but not in advance, only on the Sunday it takes place:

fwf3rvmvkl6i.png

Shortly before 6 pm there is a pop up:

fbvbopk85f5f.png

If you agree to go to the event, you can choose some of your household members to go with you.

I'm sorry that a lot of you have problems with this feature.

Edit: The pop up won't appear if you leave the lot/the game in between.
    Post edited by Gagea on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I wish someone can mod a graduation event or a fix to get it because I never attempt one :( I saw on YouTube that you are suppose to get a pop up after aging YA, witch I did’nt get.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The ceremony has not worked since i got the pack. seems to be a huge glitch for many.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Do we know if there is a mod conflict with this ?

Edit :after testing, I found my problem! From mythicalAscelin folder, longer life

Edit again : I finally get my graduation event! Yaaay!
    Post edited by feevee on
  • Options
    It works and then doesn't work lol so my Sims graduated college then had a notification about so I went back and got her highschool diploma and my other sim graduated college but it doesn't say graduate highschool so...idk...I aged her as a YA and still no graduation but she graduated college if she still has the desire and want for highschool graduation I'm here for it I guess.