Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shaving

When does the option for shaving show up? I gave my sims body hair ...

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    It's a HSY-specific feature.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Shaving seems to be only for facial hair and I think that its specific to High School Years.
  • Options
    SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    I have HSY and cant shave. ANyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2022
    You can shave all body parts, but it seems to be a little clunky imo. For example teen can shave every 1-2 days, but for adults it takes ages. For teen first shaving came like 24 hours after choosing the setting, but now more days passed and he still looks like a baby. Nice feature, but I think it’s a little unstable.

And yeah, it’s only available with the new pack. For base game you can have body hair, but they won’t grow.
  • Options
    winkeljohn78winkeljohn78 Posts: 87 Member
    My sim tried shaving her legs for the first time. It worked well, although her body stuck out past the closed shower during the animation.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really curious about this feature. It sounds like fun. It works for my historical saves and the others too.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Nothing so far has come up for an option for me 😢
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    How do we do body shaving? I can only shave face in a mirror.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    How do we do body shaving? I can only shave face in a mirror.

In a shower.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    How long does it normally take for the option to show up? All I have is the apply some sort of cream option in the mirror.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited July 2022
    How long does it normally take for the option to show up? All I have is the apply some sort of cream option in the mirror.

I think once you see hair you should be able to shave.

She usually sports smooth silky legs.
    bHLi80E.png

But naturally she is part werewolf. :lol: Think I played her for about 4-5 days before the hair showed up.
    zcDUp3T.png

• Options
    sabbycat69sabbycat69 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yea just saw that my young adult female has major leg and arm hair, how do I get rid of it?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Did you turn on hair growth for the sim? I haven't been able to play yet but I noticed that it was an option in CAS.
  • Options
    sabbycat69sabbycat69 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > Did you turn on hair growth for the sim? I haven't been able to play yet but I noticed that it was an option in CAS.

I don't see an option unless I am completely not seeing it lol
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited August 2022
    sabbycat69 wrote: »
    > @Sharonia said:
    > Did you turn on hair growth for the sim? I haven't been able to play yet but I noticed that it was an option in CAS.

Take your Sim into CAS and then click on their body, click on the body icon which allows you to give them body hair, above in the upper right corner, you should see the toggle, check the box to allow hair growth.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2022
    sabbycat69 wrote: »
    > @Sharonia said:

The option should be at the top of your facial hair just underneath all the hair colours, it's a little check box that will say "enable hair growth"

I tried sharing a helpful screenshot but imgur has changed and now I don't know how to post pictures here. :D
    Post edited by Sharonia on