Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 26 '22 High School etc. Patch and August Patches

Comments

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited July 2022
    I just tested my game without mods and it looks like CC beds (or at least separated mattresses) needs batch fix. When I place them they disappear.

Edit:// Forgot to mention localthumbcache was also removed before I tested without mods. And this started happening after High School EP was installed
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2022
    Update on the lot trait mod is that something else is breaking it.

Cleaned localthumbcache and can get it to work after downloading the new expansion when it and the XML injector are my only mods. But so far unable to tell what the cause of it not working when other mods are added in.

So I have found a broken mod... just not the right one. Once I do know which one... I'll make a new post... :)

The breaking mod is "somewhere" in my list of career mods. So one of those isn't working right with the new XML Injector and I am still isolating (making sure ONLY a mod in my Careers mod folder breaks, by adding back in EVERYTHING but that folder - first. Then I have several dozen career mods to do split testing on).

Even after getting the Lot Trait Extender addon to "appear" to work, it's not actually fully working.

It gives this error message into the console:
    Error: Element <Fn; CheatShowLotExtentionMenu._run_interaction_gen@17> returned a generator <generator object SuperInteraction._run_interaction_gen at 0x00007FF4C533A7D0>
    (ps: anyone know how to copy to the console output to the clipboard in Windows?)

And the first time you use it won't apply any lot traits. You have to hit play, then edit the location to see there are not lot traits, then go back into play, and add one more new trait. Then all the prior traits will show up.

Post edited by Jyotai on
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    SarahLainaSarahLaina Posts: 36 Member
    They took down that pop up at the main menu explaining that the aging and wants bug is being fixed, does that mean it’s fixed now lol
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited July 2022
    SarahLaina wrote: »
    They took down that pop up at the main menu explaining that the aging and wants bug is being fixed, does that mean it’s fixed now lol

No. They're not fixed yet. There will be an emergency patch when they're fixed :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2022
    Bienchen's mod "norandomhatsaccessoriesandmakeup" causes the error that you cannot select a sexual orientation.

Forgot to mention, I tested the mod alone.
  • Options
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    SarahLaina wrote: »

No. They're not fixed yet. There will be an emergency patch when they're fixed :)

Ok I didn’t think so haha. Hopefully soon :)
  • Options
    nynvieealmerenynvieealmere Posts: 22 Member
    The mod I was referring to earlier is this one: https://modthesims.info/d/651765/5-new-write-in-journal-interacions-journal-for-all-character-values.html
    Nothing has been mentioned about it on Mod the Sims for a year. The creator has a Patreon but it hasn’t been used since February.
    Like I said, it’s not a major mod and I don’t know how many use it. I wouldn’t mind having to remove it for good, I don’t mind using cheats to give my Sims the positive traits :D

Around the Sims 4 does a journal mod that's similar for skills and such you can try sorry can't remember if it might include those. https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/index.shtml
  • Options
    crimsontidecrimsontide Posts: 2 New Member
    > @jonilla1 said:
    > I just tested my game without mods and it looks like CC beds (or at least separated mattresses) needs batch fix. When I place them they disappear.
    >
    > Edit:// Forgot to mention localthumbcache was also removed before I tested without mods. And this started happening after High School EP was installed

Can confirm, this is happening to me as well. Started happening after High School EP has been installed. It doesn't happen to every CC bed just a few select ones.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thanks, all! The notes here plus a few elsewhere have been super helpful.

Broken Mods
    • norandomhatsaccessoriesandmakeup (Bienchen)

Broken CC
    • All CC beds, including separated beds but not Toddler beds, are very broken with the new pack. This is caused by new functionality (pillow fights, for example). It does not appear to apply if you don't have the pack installed.

As I get more information, I'll add it here. They can be updated, at the moment manually by modders; Peacemaker has, I believe, posted about how and is working through his. No, S4S has not been updated for a batch fix yet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    We all know there’s a bug involving disturbing wants, but is anyone else having issues with wants not being completed. Sorry if this was already mentioned.
  • Options
    @SarahLaina Please take game bug issues to AHQ (link on page 1, along with links to support servers) or to another thread in the forums. This thread is only for reporting broken and updated mods and CC.

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    vvrenvvren Posts: 54 Member
    20th Century Plumbob's Maps partly updated
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/map-replacements-69711096
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    • NeedCoffee4That (NC4T) - all mods not under updated
  • Options
    Thanks @vvren! I'll post here and elsewhere when they're done. I'm getting regular pings from Patreon on them :D

Broken Mods
    • No Walkstyles for Elders (lazarusinashes) - prevents Sims from using their phone while walking; will not be updated
  • Options
    @luthienrising, can I ask.. Do you know something about author named SotaruSims. I am playing with his Age Matters mod and can't imagine my game without it.. He didn't update his mode for a year and doesn't answer any comment. Maybe you know, if he is planning updating or not.. As most mods are broken, I am not expecting it to survive this time. As there is an age bug, guess some things were changed in aging system by Maxis
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    My Mod is compatible with the latest patch
    https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=552979&cb=1659039806
  • Options
    @vvren I'm not familiar with the modder, sorry. I'd suggest looking for a similar function from another modder.
  • Options
    ok thank you. as much as I know there is no an alternative mod, just some mod for longer age span, it can be done by MCC as well. But if it w'ont be updated I'll have no choice, finally I will have to leave 1.89 version...)))
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Hoppel785 wrote: »
    Bienchen's mod "norandomhatsaccessoriesandmakeup" causes the error that you cannot select a sexual orientation.

Forgot to mention, I tested the mod alone.

@Hoppel785 hi have u tried her other mods? I've seen nothing about them so far. Thx

Thanks so much @luthienrising
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Broken Mods
    • careers, traits, trait-based mods, Realistic Swimming, and (probable) events by Ilkavelle

Cleared by Creator
    • Ilkavelle - Buy Explorer Supplies Via Computer (JA), Reapply To University Eearlier, Vampires: Restore Life Spirit Always Available, Club Activities for Fans, Sell Adult Pet, CJ Booth and Music Station Both Give Skills, Call to Get Drinks from Juice Keg, Borrow Books from Library, Ask Parents About Dating, Express Pride or Disappointment

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
  • Options
    feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi! From YourFalseHope

UPDATE July 28, 2022: With the XML Injector updated, it looks like my Mods are all cleared. I will be updating the icons for both FalseHope Hospital and Spa later. As well as for mods unrelated to this patch.

Set Sexuality - Reward Traits & Event will be kept
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited July 2022
    Updated Mods and Tools

NOTE: Please see the next post for mods by LittleMsSam, Simularity, and MSQ Sims

The new update to active careers by KiaraSims4Mods breaks Nisa's Lot Trait Extender.

After removing thumbnail cache, and then with only those mods, lot trait extender, and the new XML injector - Lot Trait's cannot be added with the extender, but they can be removed.

eQVJ1s7.png

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Thanks @Jyotai - the Lot Extender likely also needs updating, I suspect

Cleared by Creator
    • YourFalseHope - traits, reward traits, interactions, & tuning mods - with updated XML Injector

Obsolete Mods
    • Set Sexuality (YourFalseHope)

Mod and Tool Updates
    • Sims 4 Studio (Andrew)
      Hi all, both versions of Studio are updated for High School Years & the associated patch. Additionally, both versions have been optimized to better handle files with large LRLE images; this improvement should eliminate the Out Of Memory error that was occurring when working with certain CAS packages.
      Please note that a batch fix for beds is *not* mentioned as being in this S4S update.
  • Options
    Could have sworn I got this one earlier today, but maybe not here?

Mod Updates

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top