Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I kind of regret preordering this pack now. :(

Don't feel bad look at the other things in the pack.Aleast the clothes and decor is good.
  • Options
    bnan39bnan39 Posts: 3 New Member
    do we think that this whole club thing can be solved by the sims modding community?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    bnan39 wrote: »
    do we think that this whole club thing can be solved by the sims modding community?

Maybe, I hoping they can make a custom lot.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    bnan39 wrote: »

I'm sure it can, I just hope some of them are reading this. I can think of several types of workarounds, the most obvious being remove the restriction on club gatherings at the two HS lots. But there is also the possibility of a mod that simply allows you to change the lot type in those spaces and/or add those lot types elsewhere, so you could--for example--change the auditorium into a detached gym for club activities and place the prom/graduation event space elsewhere in the world (which is perfectly realistic for an American school, whereas after-school activities off the school campus are not). Plus that solution would have the added bonus of allowing players to build high schools in different worlds if they so choose.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    If this is the case with how the school works and no groups or clubs allowed, why didn't give us a third empty lot near the school where we could have built anything we want and use it for student gatherings? A Field House building would have been perfect with a lower level for club activities. :p

I built one off the side of my school with a workout room below the basket ball court.
    It's really disappointing that I can't have my sim hang out there with friends outside their household from 3-6 pm.
    I hope the auditorium allows groups to be assigned as a hangout. I'll just have to build a more elaborate one on that small lot.

I wonder about that though since the different functions are so scripted.

But if you are just going to build a lot someplace else, there is no need for the HS pack. You can make a club room now and hang out there now. The whole point was to give purpose to the HS so it can do more than be set dressing.

Honestly I don't see people replaying the HS portion of the game much as it offers nothing.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Via EnglishSimmer, you CANNOT use the high school for club gatherings.
    There goes most of my gameplay ideas 😡

Same, that was kind of a deal breaker for me. Now the only way I can play schools how I want is by maybe moving the whiteboard to different classrooms I want to use every day? That's more hassle than it's probably worth but I want art class in an art room and science class in a science lab etc.

• Options
    ShanaSPutnamShanaSPutnam Posts: 13 New Member
    With reading all of this, I am glad I didn't pre-order this pack.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It sounds like the High School gameplay is like the Wedding gameplay. :'( Well it is what it is. :o
    I'm still looking forward to the new world, the carnival, the new cool build objects, furniture, hairstyles, clothing & debug live objects. ;):p
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    If this is the case with how the school works and no groups or clubs allowed, why didn't give us a third empty lot near the school where we could have built anything we want and use it for student gatherings? A Field House building would have been perfect with a lower level for club activities. :p

I built one off the side of my school with a workout room below the basket ball court.
    It's really disappointing that I can't have my sim hang out there with friends outside their household from 3-6 pm.
    I hope the auditorium allows groups to be assigned as a hangout. I'll just have to build a more elaborate one on that small lot.

I wonder about that though since the different functions are so scripted.

But if you are just going to build a lot someplace else, there is no need for the HS pack. You can make a club room now and hang out there now. The whole point was to give purpose to the HS so it can do more than be set dressing.

Honestly I don't see people replaying the HS portion of the game much as it offers nothing.

I don't understand what you are saying.
    I don't want to build a lot, and if it's not even going to be in sight of the school grounds, I am not going to bother, not without a teen lot trait that chases off adults. What I was saying is that they should have at least given us that as a solution.

All I want is, from the hours of 3-6, is to gather a group of students of my choosing, to make use of the school facilities. The very limited rabbit hole clubs and festival-like events aren't enough. It doesn't even feel like a club of students actually exists. It's all so vague feeling.

I really like the idea of my sims and their friends using the school facilities, getting homework done, and then going directly to a community lot to relax. If you are in the rabbit hole club, you disappear, and then reappear at home. That's just so unsatisfying.

I consider my dorm that I am playing in Copperdale part of the school system, with built in labs for art and sciences. I would like to off-load the labs to the school and just have the dorm be a dorm, but I think I might keep them since I can't take a group to the school.
    So I will just hand out keys to other NPC students and they can come and go to the dorm as they please. At least I can see the students I want to see instead of the game spawning randoms in their place. And I will have six students from various households under one roof and they can take advantage of my custom school together. At least I have that.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Oh, I forgot to mention, first thing I will do will be rebuilding high school. Or downloading it from a gallery. The original one is so ugly!
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don’t like that you can’t have club meetings from Get Together at the high school. After all it would only be after hours. Now a special lot that simulates a high school will have to be wasted to have clubs gather at…. Things like music, art, basketball, etc. I’m not even sure what to label it. I guess I could make it a park.
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I'm not even sure I want to get this pack now. No cross-pack compatibility with Parenthood? That's disappointing, I rarely play families because there's so little to do as a child and teen is basically diet YA. I was hoping HSY and Parenthood combined would spice up the gameplay.

With the pack geared towards fashion and trends instead of a fleshed-out school experience (Nothing to do in classes...rabbit hole schooling has more depth, no art club, not even the ability to use Get Together clubs on the school lot to solve that issue), it feels like the only reason I'd buy the pack is for the new traits, CAS & BB, social media app, and to see how much other packs just straight up break it.

I'll keep an eye out for reviews and more gameplay videos...but I don't know if it's worth the $60 I'd have to pay for it.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Game isn't even out yet but here y'all are, complaining already. lol

Again this is the negative thread.

Your point is? Aren't we allowed to voice our opinions to? I mean I agree the game isn't even out yet and yet your are all complaining. Like I have said before everyone plays different so watching someone play The Sims 4 High School pack is fine. But then you have to consider your playstyle and if it fits the way you play not base it on someone elses opinions. If I listened to everyone I watched opinions on The Sims 4 I wouldn't get any pack. See my point?

I honestly have to question the mindset of someone who would repeatedly choose to open the clearly named negativity thread and then complain that it's negative.

Do you also go to vegan restaurants and complain about some people not liking beef? I mean, you're allowed to have an opinion about eating meat, too, but you know, most adults understand that there's a time and a place for everything.

It's just funny at this point.. This is a FORUM, we are allowed to voice our opinions, that is the purpose of it. There is a positive thread for a reason and the points being raised in this thread have merit behind them. It's not like we are making stuff up on purpose to hate the game. If anything most of it has been constructive criticism.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited July 2022
    Diassa wrote: »
    I just watched recent James Turner video and before that I thought that T-posing was a bug. But... it is a feature? This is so stupid! Who does that and why?? I am too old for this, I never heard even from my son about it.
    Speaking of which, before this pack we didn't even know what "prom" is, nor boba tea. We don't have such things here and I have never seen this tea, even in UK. This pack is sooo American...
    I rather like that the high school is styled after an American high school…… but I have lived in the United States ( in a good size city ) all of my life and I had not heard of Boba or bubble tea either ( I guess because my youngest is now 28, when she was in jr/sr high Starbucks and the mall were her hangout places, in fact I think kids here still hangout a lot at the mall…. ) until it was talked about here on the forums, I did check on my phone however and noticed there are a good amount of bubble tea places here. That’s definitely something I’m going to check out! I haven’t heard about this trend setting app clothes thing either, and, I honestly don’t know any teens that shop at thrift shops either, that’s usually reserved for us senior citizens….. lol….hmmm….. interesting, wonder if I can have my senior citizens start some trends….. lol…. They’ll probably be checking out the thrift store…..
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Now you can't even use Get Together clubs on the high school lot it just keeps getting worse and worse. Nothing but limitations first no way to pick what students attend the school now no way to easily get them there with clubs and at least have them do activities you want to see done. Truly a letdown I wanted no other expansion more than high school and now I don't even care I won't be able to do what I want at all because they have completely lost the concept of a sandbox game always going with the most basic of everything.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I'm not even sure I want to get this pack now. No cross-pack compatibility with Parenthood? That's disappointing, I rarely play families because there's so little to do as a child and teen is basically diet YA. I was hoping HSY and Parenthood combined would spice up the gameplay.

With the pack geared towards fashion and trends instead of a fleshed-out school experience (Nothing to do in classes...rabbit hole schooling has more depth, no art club, not even the ability to use Get Together clubs on the school lot to solve that issue), it feels like the only reason I'd buy the pack is for the new traits, CAS & BB, social media app, and to see how much other packs just straight up break it.

I'll keep an eye out for reviews and more gameplay videos...but I don't know if it's worth the $60 I'd have to pay for it.

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe it should have been called Sims 4 Teen years? Even then it is still missing a lot.

I would've much rather they allocated their resources to a new arcade lot with items like dance machine, basketball hoop games, a ticket system etc with a fully fleshed out amusement park and ride-able rollercoasters, a revamped dating system with new attraction systems and the prom without the whole high school element. For all I care with the way they executed high school I would rather it still be a rabbit hole.

I'm just disappointed because I thought this expansion would've been on par or better than Cottage Living :disappointed:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Well.. guess I can bulldoze my HS. I've spent hours building it so it would function with clubs ( each had a dept., swimming pool, library... ).
    Now I'll have to build (Newcrest probably) a Stadium and a Performing Arts Center ( Del Sol Valley ). 😒
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I was hesitating on buying this EP at launch as James Turner made it look kinda fun even with the ridiculous decisions of having classes just be aesthetics only. However I’m so disappointed to learn you can’t make your own after school clubs at the school. Why? It’s bad enough the after school activities are rabbit holes. But now to find out Parenthood has no compatibility?? Well what Is the point of teens sneaking out? For a moodlet?

100%! This is my main issue with Parenthood overall, they never integrate it with anything - you can't order kids / teens to clean their pet's cage, feed the chickens, walk the dog, clean the litter box, hang the laundry, do the laundry, ... it's really annoying.

Remembering once more just to what degree this irritates me about the pack, I decided to make a poll/petition. Would be cool if u guys could vote :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001897/petition-update-parenthood-commands
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Well.. guess I can bulldoze my HS. I've spent hours building it so it would function with clubs ( each had a dept., swimming pool, library... ).
    Now I'll have to build (Newcrest probably) a Stadium and a Performing Arts Center ( Del Sol Valley ). 😒

:D The irony of our efforts to make schools that are more than set dressing actually becoming set dressing anyway. :D:s
    I could get some game play out of this though, if I can be sure that my sims grades won't be badly hurt by skipping class, I could sneak off and play a game of avoid-the-principle while using any skill objects to increase skills needed for their university degree.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    You really have to use your imagination because this expansion is not really integrated with all the other packs

That is how I feel why this is different than older versions for most assets were available in all the packs in the older versions and this lessens creativity for me if I wish to create a school in another neighborhood, however, it is what it is.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I feel this one reason why Sims 4 is constantly compared to other versions being in the older versions most assets were available regardless of what pack it was installed and used. In Sims 4 there are so many restrictions, and it is sad to find out after the fact. EA/Maxis is not really giving players what they really want and if they do there is a restriction involved with it like in CL, everybody was so happy to hear about apartments until after it was release and found the features was restrictive and it was only available in one neighborhood and sadly until Sims 4 ceased to be expanded all packs I see made will have restrictions and as a customer must make a choice to accept it or not. I did buy the pack with a discount applied for that is how I will only get it. Some of the ideas work great only within that neighborhood and not outside it as you can't use some of them. Oh well, guess we will have to see what restrictions will be in the next GP or EP. :):):):)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    I kind of regret preordering this pack now. :(

Don't feel bad look at the other things in the pack.Aleast the clothes and decor is good.

yeah my problem with the state of the game right now is that it’s really starting to feel like a dress up doll game and not an actual game with gameplay content. In the sims 3 you had like few CAS item and toooons of gameplay. But here we get bares bones content that is reused animations from previous ideas but « at least it’s pretty ! »

I think they don’t want deal with gameplay updates and glitches so they give it their all on aesthetics. That’s why we got dream home decorator, stuff pack got transformed into cas and build and buy kits. Technically, like they said. stuff packs aren’t going anywhere, they’ve just been split into 1/4 the content for half the price. So they win. Even gameplay kits have been aborted.

I’m starting to think if they do it on purpose because they know they can’t add more coding to the game, only pretty set dressing otherwise it would severely break. Basically i suspect them to do the worse gameplay glitches to then justify why they don’t do gameplay anymore. And we encourage them not to do it too. So the plan is working.

Like paris hilton would say : If you don’t want to do something, make sure you do it really bad so the person never ask you to do it again
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I am so disappointed to find out there is no consequence from family if you are kicked out of high school or you drop out. I shouldn’t have to pretend my sims parents care! Why is there no tie in to parenthood?
  • Options
    SimoReapSimoReap Posts: 6 New Member
    Get this. I paid the full $40 for pre-order. Now I am finding out that if you ordered from "Other" online sites you get to download and PLAY the new expansion "High School" 5-6 hours before it is suppose to be release officially. My account is still timed for 1 PM EST to unlock for download having paid $40. But these people that got it for like $10-$15 less get to download and play it as soon as they redeem their order codes. How is that fair or legal? Seems like a total screw up to me.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Of course it’s legal if the site is legitimate and my understanding it is if it’s the one I’m thinking of.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top