Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    I just got an idea, if someone know if this can work or not please let me know it could be a life saver : so the auditorium (the lot right next to the high school lot) is a 4 parts lots. Kind of like community lots in eco lifestyle.

So it functions as : auditorium, career day, prom night, graduation day. Each time one of these big events take place there it changes into one of these. The auditorium, i believe, is the default lot (it’s what you see by default when no events are occurring) which is pretty empty and no adults go there i think.

We can’t have clubs gatherings at the high school because their coding is bad. But nothing stop us from having our club gatherings at the auditorium !! If we go watch lil simsie last video about prom that she posted today, we can see that we can transform the lot any way we want. So why not change the auditorium into a big after school clubs location ??

The reason it could be very interesting is i don’t believe random adult sims pop up there by default so it’s perfect for our teens to do whatever. It’s even better than thrift shop. So basically you build the best place with tons of rooms for each clubs, you make your clubs gathering there and when prom day or career day happens the lot magically transform into the correct one.That way our teens still have somewhere to practice their favorite skills after class and technically it’s almost as if the game recognize it (since the lot is made for teens anyway)

what do you guys think ?

It would be nice indeed if this could work
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    We can’t have clubs gatherings at the high school because their coding is bad. But nothing stop us from having our club gatherings at the auditorium !!

The auditorium was also not available as a club meeting location in the Englishsimmer's video. She admittedly did not test whether you could start a meeting with the "stay here" function at the auditorium, however; I'll go ask her to do that in her video comments and maybe she will.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Parenthood and Get Together not intregated at all in this pack...You can't punish your teen for geting dettection or for trying sneaking...really? I
    I can't even describe my disappointment
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    You cannot do club gatherings at the high school, so can't do your own clubs there.
    WHAT. So we can't make any of our own clubs for school, and the clubs we do get are rabbit holes? This just ruins a lot of my plans for this pack. I was going to make so many after-school clubs. And it's not like we can even do anything during school, because there are almost no interactions with classes.

I was giving the pack the benefit of the doubt because it had some nice side content, but they dropped the ball with so many things that I just can't justify paying full price for it. Guess I'll have to miss out on those early buy items.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    We can’t have clubs gatherings at the high school because their coding is bad. But nothing stop us from having our club gatherings at the auditorium !!

The auditorium was also not available as a club meeting location in the Englishsimmer's video. She admittedly did not test whether you could start a meeting with the "stay here" function at the auditorium, however; I'll go ask her to do that in her video comments and maybe she will.

thank you for replying, so because english isn’t my mother tongue i got a bit confused about your answer so i checked the video myself.

we can’t choose highschool nor auditorium as clubs default hangout/favorite spot

we can’t have a meeting with club members in highschool/call them there

unsure if we can have a club gathering at the auditorium/call the members there. so i’m hopeful about that… (but i guess since you can’t select the auditorium as a club’s favorite spot i shouldn’t)

please ask her indeed ! and thanks again
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that they have been deliberately ignoring questions about clubs on social media (as well as during the livestream), likely just to trick more people into preordering the pack on the obvious assumption that clubs would work. They knew lots of people wanted to know and/or assumed we could, and at any point they easily could have said, sorry, you can't use clubs on school grounds. This seems incredibly shady to me.

Although thankfully I did not preorder, I definitely wasted a lot of my precious free time last weekend making clubs that now I can't use, so I really resent that. It's going to give me a sour disposition toward future packs, that's for sure.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    English Simmer did suggest building a community lot where the teens can go to have their clubs meet. I am thinking maybe build a place with separate rooms set up for the different clubs you want, though I believe she suggested a gym. Maybe have a craft room, chess room, art, music, etc. Still, the fact that we can't use the school for clubs is extremely disappointing.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    If this is the case with how the school works and no groups or clubs allowed, why didn't give us a third empty lot near the school where we could have built anything we want and use it for student gatherings? A Field House building would have been perfect with a lower level for club activities. :p

I built one off the side of my school with a workout room below the basket ball court.
    It's really disappointing that I can't have my sim hang out there with friends outside their household from 3-6 pm.
    I hope the auditorium allows groups to be assigned as a hangout. I'll just have to build a more elaborate one on that small lot.

I wonder about that though since the different functions are so scripted.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member

The Englishsimmer has just confirmed that the same restrictions apply to the auditorium; you CANNOT hold club gatherings there, even with the "stay here" function.

I have never been angrier at the sims team. Yes, My Wedding Stories and Dream Home Decorator were buggy messes, but those were BUGS. This is an intentional design choice to deny us access to in-game tools we have had and used for years. What could possibly be their reasoning for this? Especially considering they themselves created clubrooms and active venues for the four after-school activities that came with this pack? I sincerely don't understand.

oh wow this is terribly sad. Could it be that the reason clubs are allowed in the eco lifestyle lot that shares the same 4-parts function is because the lot does not hold proper events whereas highschool and auditorium function with limited timed events and restricted sim pool ?

So i think they’re afraid that if you call your club members during prom (because prom is still technically part of the auditorium) it might messes the event, same thing for graduation day etc. The same way they don’t want club members to « mess up » the highschool system. (they don’t want adults to show there maybe)

Not justifying their actions just trying to find the reason they would actively limit our gameplay. I think they just don’t want to deal with these kind scenarios or having to update possibly glitches happening

i think their coding is so fragile that any sort of cross pack compatibility add more coding on top of that poor coding and they don’t want to deal with that (not enough time ? laziness ?)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited July 2022
    So far every expansion pack, game pack, stuff pack and kit Sims 4 has right now at this moment cost $965 USD for every pack and kit full price.

That is a lot of money. And yet, in order to play the game the way we want, we have to use mods. It's highly frustrating. I honesty wouldn't put it past EA to add the ability's to create school clubs to a game pack for $20 because it's EA and they can because they know people will buy it.

EA is watching and they see how many people want the ability to do club activities and since EA is a business, they will find a way to monetize this.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    English Simmer did suggest building a community lot where the teens can go to have their clubs meet. I am thinking maybe build a place with separate rooms set up for the different clubs you want, though I believe she suggested a gym. Maybe have a craft room, chess room, art, music, etc. Still, the fact that we can't use the school for clubs is extremely disappointing.
    Not the ideal solution, but it's something. Unfortunately, Copperdale is such a small world, and most of the lots are ridiculously small or used for other things you'd need.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Not the ideal solution, but it's something. Unfortunately, Copperdale is such a small world, and most of the lots are ridiculously small or used for other things you'd need.

Is there a teen lot trait with this pack? The one we currently have is useless.
    We certainly need it now so a majority of the visiting sims aren't adults.
    I'll probably just set up a club door that keeps non-members in the lobby.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I have to say the more I learn about this pack the less I am interested to buy it

I'm feeling the same now. I loved the stream (except for the unnecessary phone upgrade with the patch) but today all the things I've read make me conscious of how restricted the pack will yet, and yet just a few hours ago I was wavering in my resolve to only buy it on sale.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Sucks that the auditorium is off-limits for Clubs.

I had a plan to renovate the Auditorium's Stage into Theatre Stage for a Drama Club or even Band.

I understand not wanting to mess up Prom, Career Day & Graduation, but the Auditorium (Default) state has nothing going on and could have been the perfect place for clubs like drama, scouts, chess, gaming, music, etc.

I use the club system a lot to create a social layer for lots/builds and they could have allowed us to set up a Music Club and Drama Club that gathers there autonomously that you could interact with and join.

• Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Exactly 😭 All of the community lots I planned on building were already dual function to accommodate the small world. After moving my families in, I literally don't have any space left. Maybe one lot by the boardwalk. But I don't want to have to make a whole lot just for clubs to hang out. It kind of defeats the purpose of after school clubs if I have to have them off of school grounds. It's just a regular club at that point.

I can understand the club gatherings maybe conflicting with certain events tied to the lot, but then just restrict them from gathering until it's past school hours? Since you can hang out there when school isn't in session. I was so disappointed about the lack of creative clubs and now my creative sims will be left out of after school activities.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I was hesitating on buying this EP at launch as James Turner made it look kinda fun even with the ridiculous decisions of having classes just be aesthetics only. However I’m so disappointed to learn you can’t make your own after school clubs at the school. Why? It’s bad enough the after school activities are rabbit holes. But now to find out Parenthood has no compatibility?? Well what Is the point of teens sneaking out? For a moodlet?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was hesitating on buying this EP at launch as James Turner made it look kinda fun even with the ridiculous decisions of having classes just be aesthetics only. However I’m so disappointed to learn you can’t make your own after school clubs at the school. Why? It’s bad enough the after school activities are rabbit holes. But now to find out Parenthood has no compatibility?? Well what Is the point of teens sneaking out? For a moodlet?

100%! This is my main issue with Parenthood overall, they never integrate it with anything - you can't order kids / teens to clean their pet's cage, feed the chickens, walk the dog, clean the litter box, hang the laundry, do the laundry, ... it's really annoying.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Game isn't even out yet but here y'all are, complaining already. lol

Again this is the negative thread.

Your point is? Aren't we allowed to voice our opinions to? I mean I agree the game isn't even out yet and yet your are all complaining. Like I have said before everyone plays different so watching someone play The Sims 4 High School pack is fine. But then you have to consider your playstyle and if it fits the way you play not base it on someone elses opinions. If I listened to everyone I watched opinions on The Sims 4 I wouldn't get any pack. See my point?

Hmmm, The point is this is a negative thread and most people do not go into a positive thread and do a negative post, so going by what you saying people have a right to post negative posts in a positive thread and I honor that by not going into a positive thread and promoting negativity.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Horrorgirl6 maybe you can flag any inappropriate or off topic comments so your thread won't be derailed.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    @Horrorgirl6 maybe you can flag any inappropriate or off topic comments so your thread won't be derailed.

Oh forgot I can will do
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    You really have to use your imagination because this expansion is not really integrated with all the other packs
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    I kind of regret preordering this pack now. :(
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I think one of the things that kind of rubs me wrong (though to be fair I can't say for sure since I can't find a video/image with all the CAS from this pack) but when I was growing up, the goth/emo trend was blooming in our high school, so it just kind of bothers me that there doesn't really seem to be any of that here in this pack.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top