Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2022
    Bren91 wrote: »
    Why can’t people just be happy with what they get. Maybe because they wanted to focus all their time and energy in making a really awesome pack about high school and doing all years of school would take away from some of the awesome work they have put into this expansion. Maybe that should be another expansion in itself so it can add more too if and be it’s main focus. Sometimes it’s best when they don’t cram every idea into one pack. It usually takes away from other elements of gameplay for its main target and causes more bugs and crashes. Maybe some of us should just be happy with what we get sometimes. Instead of always expecting more. Not to mention we are getting probably the best game update to date tomorrow on Tuesday. I mean as far as I’m concerned the creators behind the sims 4 have obviously been working hard and listening to the fans. So maybe we should be happy and give them a break for a while. Their basically overhauling the game with this new update to meet players expectations.

The pack doesn't even focus on H.S, it adds nothing to the H.S experience but it does add to the get together hang out experience and stylist career. The pack should have been called "teen social" or something b.c the pack offers nothing much in regards to H.S gameplay. The H.S is literally only set dressing that adds no real game play to the teen life experience.

No one is obligated to "appreciate" something they have to spend $40 to get. EA isn't some Indi game with a team of 10 passionate developers choosing to focus on flushing out one part of a game due to budget and time constraint.

EA is a large company making decisions not because this is a passion project but b.c they have to chase that newest fade and push that PR magic. How else do you sit at a bored meeting and say: "lets make a pack to capture the experience of being in high school while literally focusing on nothing related to the high school experience?" If not for the clubs in get together there would literally be no reason to play in the high school since there is no real in high school gameplay. Mind you the pack is named "high school."

couldn't have said it better myself! if it were free updates i could understand the "be happy with what you get" arguement, but NOT if i pay almost the price for a complete game just for some rushed and very shallow DLC, which tends to be the standard these days exactlyu because of people who accept this nonsense.

you should never cut a greedy corp like EA any slack when it comes to this because they have zero excuse to deliver poor product for such a ridiculous pricepoint! EA has plenty of resources to do better than this! but if you accept it then you can rest assured they will try their luck even more next time and sell you even more shallow and lackluster DLC
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2022
    My question is can one build a school outside of Copperdale with all it's assets and features or functions.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    logion wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm really worried about the social awkwardness trait. I would like it to work as it does up until you reach a certain level of friendship. Otherwise I will use it only temporarily. James' video made me want to cry for his Sim.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to use certain interactions or if all interactions just have a high chance of failure. I have only watched James Turner and lilsimsie's videos and neither of them seem to be able to make friends with their socially awkward teens without using the social bunny app or taking photos, but it's difficult to tell if there is a "system" behind it or if it's just a high chance of failure from watching their videos.

Yes, I'm curious to see what will happen if a socially awkward sim has a level 10 charisma. Will their actions still mostly fail?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2022
    The active classes look terrible, sims literally just sit there and do nothing. They don't even do anything that matches up with what the popups say they are doing. They don't take notes, they don't misbehave in anyway, they just sit there like robots. After seeing how bad the active classes are I'm happy that it won't be for children as well if that's how it's going to be.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    My question is can one build a school outside of Copperdale with all it's assets and features or functions.

Nope.
    Unfortunate decision. I would have built a small one in Newcrest because that's the neighborhood that everyone wants to move to with its awesome school, in my game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    I like the T-posing. Every school will have sort of random craze that is incomprehensible to adults so its nice that they included one!

I feel like you have to make your high school small though to avoid alot of the glitches and so sims dont get too confused. But you also have a 64 x 64 lot to put your smaller school on.
    So the challenge will be how to landscape it (or you could just say '*&^% it!' and put a debug fairground on your school lot as well!!)LOL

My plan is to have large portions of the school as "decorative" - they'll be usable, but not part of the school where the students usually need to go for tasks. So a dance studio, a basketball court (that takes up a bunch of space right there), maybe an AV room, a small theater (my school had 3) - stuff like that. Classrooms, cafeteria, bathrooms - those will all be concentrated in a relatively small area.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Nope.
    Unfortunate decision. I would have built a small one in Newcrest because that's the neighborhood that everyone wants to move to with its awesome school, in my game.

Thanks for replaying and yes, that is sad, will try to make do with this limitation. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    It looks like you can still have only one best friend. When he accepted the new sim as his best friend, his sim fell out of touch with Sidney and lost him as a best friend.
    That does make sense can't really have 2 best friends all others should just be friends.

Hard disagree. As the Mindy Show put it, "best friend is a tier, not a person."
  • Options
    I'm really worried about the social awkwardness trait. I would like it to work as it does up until you reach a certain level of friendship. Otherwise I will use it only temporarily. James' video made me want to cry for his Sim.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to use certain interactions or if all interactions just have a high chance of failure. I have only watched James Turner and lilsimsie's videos and neither of them seem to be able to make friends with their socially awkward teens without using the social bunny app or taking photos, but it's difficult to tell if there is a "system" behind it or if it's just a high chance of failure from watching their videos.

I definitely feel like JT at least sometimes intentionally chooses somewhat doomed interactions, or the most difficult way possible to do things, just to amp up the drama. More power to him, he has a living to make, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the actual state of play.

It's like watching a monster movie or slasher film: part of the fun of watching his rags to riches videos is facepalming and screaming at the screen, "nooooo, don't do that! Don't go there!" And I'm quite sure that's intentional.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited July 2022
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »

It's truly painful to watch, but I guess it's realistic.
    I don't think it's too realistic, cause it suggests that socially awkward people can't make friends in face-to-face interactions. I don't mind the 'all actions fail' thing, but it should only happen when your Sim has a moodlet like 'over-thinking my words' and then for the duration of the moodlet they have a hard time interacting with others. Make it an obstacle in befriending Sims, not downright impossible.

As a someone who perceives myself to be socially awkward, I would have to disagree with you. It is in fact very difficult for me to make friends. Its not impossible, but it is difficult, which is what the gameplay suggests, but perhaps the tuning could be adjusted.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I don't think it's too realistic, cause it suggests that socially awkward people can't make friends in face-to-face interactions. I don't mind the 'all actions fail' thing, but it should only happen when your Sim has a moodlet like 'over-thinking my words' and then for the duration of the moodlet they have a hard time interacting with others. Make it an obstacle in befriending Sims, not downright impossible.

As a someone who perceives myself to be socially awkward, I would have to disagree with you. It is in fact very difficult for me to make friends. Its not impossible, but it is difficult, which is what the gameplay suggests, but perhaps the tuning could be adjusted.
    I guess there are different aspects of social awkwardness and the kind I'm familiar with may not be the one the trait is based on then.
    I just think there should be a point in a Sim's relationship value where other Sims know them well enough to not start disliking them after every interaction.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I definitely feel like JT at least sometimes intentionally chooses somewhat doomed interactions, or the most difficult way possible to do things, just to amp up the drama. More power to him, he has a living to make, but it doesn't necessarily reflect the actual state of play.

It's like watching a monster movie or slasher film: part of the fun of watching his rags to riches videos is facepalming and screaming at the screen, "nooooo, don't do that! Don't go there!" And I'm quite sure that's intentional.

True! I love watching Claire Siobhan for the same reason. She manages to have so much drama and chaos in her game. And her weddings are the stuff of romantic horror movies. It makes it so much fun to watch. But my Sims lives run so much smoother, and mostly behave even at weddings
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

I guess there are different aspects of social awkwardness and the kind I'm familiar with may not be the one the trait is based on then.
    I just think there should be a point in a Sim's relationship value where other Sims know them well enough to not start disliking them after every interaction.

Yeah giving other sims negative relationship points seem a little harsh, giving them 0 points or very little points seems a little more fair, and realistic. The way it's done here it seems like the sim is making other sims uncomfortable which...I guess could happen, but it definitely feels like a worst case scenario that also shouldn't really happen when they talk with their friends.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member

I love to create every single household and create every single build in my game. I don't like random sims. I want to know their stories, their family, how they behave and who they are.

The fact that high school seems (presumably, from the early let's play of the game changers) filled with random teens instead of the playables one that do exist in various worlds is such a let down. There's such few new features, come on !!! I know a modder will eventually fix this but how are we supposed to even appreciate this one tiny part of the pack when it's not even well thought out ? How can them miss the mark on nothingness is beyond me :D
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    They have boba tea in the UK, I know people who live there who love it.
    I live in the UK (under a rock lol) and never knew this, but you are right. I googled it and you can buy it all over the UK.

I will have to track some down now and give it a try.

Some of the things that were shared make so jealous, the drinks look so good!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I live in the UK (under a rock lol) and never knew this, but you are right. I googled it and you can buy it all over the UK.

Not going to lie, we hadn't had boba in a while, but the oldest and I had to go out for some this weekend after reading all about the pack! :D
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Not going to lie, we hadn't had boba in a while, but the oldest and I had to go out for some this weekend after reading all about the pack! :D

I hate boba. The black ones that is. Too heavy, which is a real shame because there's a lovely little tea shop near my house (Southern California), but all they have is the tapioca ones. 😝. I go the poke shop for my poke every few weeks and they have the popping boba which is the one I like.
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

I hate boba. The black ones that is. Too heavy, which is a real shame because there's a lovely little tea shop near my house (Southern California), but all they have is the tapioca ones. 😝. I go the poke shop for my poke every few weeks and they have the popping boba which is the one I like.

The place in our neighborhood is mix and match... they have maybe seven or eight different drink flavors, some seasonal, and then you pick the type of boba you want to go with. My kids have to remind me which ones I like sometimes. :D
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It looks like you can still have only one best friend. When he accepted the new sim as his best friend, his sim fell out of touch with Sidney and lost him as a best friend.
    That does make sense can't really have 2 best friends all others should just be friends.

No idea what the Mindy Show is but it's wrong. Even the definition of best friend makes it clear "A person's closest and dearest friend" not a person closest or dearest friends. As I said the Sims team got this one right Mindy is wrong
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

No idea what the Mindy Show is but it's wrong. Even the definition of best friend makes it clear "A person's closest and dearest friend" not a person closest or dearest friends. As I said the Sims team got this one right Mindy is wrong

Yep. "Best friend" is literally your best friend.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I still don't know what "boba tea" is. I have never heard of it before this pack.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NykiahhobleyNykiahhobley Posts: 6 New Member
    It's basically ts3 generations but i'm hoping it has at least something different to bring forward.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    While yes there is the standard definition of 'best friend' everyone has their own definition. Some have one best friend, and others have more than one. No one is wrong as it's up to interpretation.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Yep. "Best friend" is literally your best friend.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I have five. I've been friends with all of them for decades, we all talk/chat basically every day, and they are all like family to me. It would break my heart to have to pick one over another.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top