The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Deal With University?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I cheat to get my sims their degrees (details please).
    If I play uni, I send my sim for 1 or 2 weeks/semesters then I cheat the degree and move on. It just takes so long and I find it disrupts my story line more than anything else. I love the idea of university but I wish they added some options to do it on a shorter timespan.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I use a mod to change certain aspects (details please).
    @nerdfashion is it perhaps this one linked earlier?
    I use & recommend Peri_shorteruniversity: https://www.patreon.com/posts/41632608
    The 8 credits version works best with normal lifespan in my opinion.

Oh, yup, that's the one! Thanks :)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2022
    What do you mean, grindfest? I love uni exactly as it is!
    I accidentally chose the wrong option in the poll; I think that "other" would suit how I really play slightly more.

I do still send my sims to uni, however I only go through with sims that were born and aged up in-game, I never start out in uni with a brand new sim. And from there I'll usually choose just one of my sim's children to go that I want to continue to focus on. I never have them live on campus as it's always a disaster for me to get them to class on time that way, so I just have them live at home. I have them start their terms on fridays every time so they have the entire weekend to finish all of their projects/term papers/homework and those are all out of the way. And I always have them take three credits at a time.

I do find it a bit "grind-y" to go through university, so I don't necessarily do it with every sim, but I do it more often than not as I like the realism it adds depending on where I want their life to go despite it not being required. I once had a doctor sim, and in preparation for it I had him earn three distinguished degrees (Biology, Psychology, and Physics) before I got him the job. I don't know how I did it and I would never do it again, lol. I only liked the satisfaction of him being super educated as part of his storyline.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Other
    @duriankind woah! My doctor sim only got a biology degree, that was definitely enough for me 😄
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I do no more than a couple of credits at a time so they can actually have a social life, even though it means doing it longer.
    Playing with long lifespan, that sometimes I extend even further, turns it in not a big deal.

But also try to roleplay, like, some of my sims would totally do max credits, others wouldn't care a bit about a degree, and so on.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,120 Member
    I use a mod to change certain aspects (details please).
    I use a mod called Shorter University Degrees by Peridot Sims. If I remember rightly I have it set to six credits to graduate in my game. I also disable aging whilst my sims are in uni.
  • Options
    duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    What do you mean, grindfest? I love uni exactly as it is!
    @duriankind woah! My doctor sim only got a biology degree, that was definitely enough for me 😄

Lol trust me, I completely understand!! 😅 That's probably how I would do it from now on as well, after going through it once it was such a slog to get through and overall probably not worth it, although I did feel really accomplished afterwards. I really loved that sim too, but I ended up losing him due to my PS4 having issues and getting wiped completely, so I basically had to reinstall all of my sims content and start from scratch. 😵
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Other
    @duriankind omg that would be terrible! You have my sympathies!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    I no longer send sims to uni, it's too boring after playing it once/twice/however many times.
    I played with it once and enjoyed it, but I don't really see any point in playing with it again as it'd just be repeating the exact same gameplay again. For me it's like Strangerville, I don't see why I'd want to just play the same thing over and over again
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I do no more than a couple of credits at a time so they can actually have a social life, even though it means doing it longer.
    I always thought the goal for college was to get it done in four years! So four weeks of 3 credits each week sounds fair to me. Besides which, it means that there is an interesting tug and pull of balancing college and whatever social life you want to try to make.

Also I play on Long lifespan and that pairs real well with Uni because that's quite a bit of the Young Adult lifespan taken up by Uni. Very much matches reality a bit more in that case! And I tend to focus in on doing Uni with one household then.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    I cheat to get my sims their degrees (details please).
    I do everything, but energy drinks, potions, or whatever I can use to not have to worry about needs is the way I go. My sim usually is all about school work. Usually thinking about a job when sending them to Uni and not the drunk/hook up college experience. I do sometimes like to have my sims find the "one" there. Haven't played that in forever though.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Other
    Handel wrote: »
    I always thought the goal for college was to get it done in four years! So four weeks of 3 credits each week sounds fair to me. Besides which, it means that there is an interesting tug and pull of balancing college and whatever social life you want to try to make.

Also I play on Long lifespan and that pairs real well with Uni because that's quite a bit of the Young Adult lifespan taken up by Uni. Very much matches reality a bit more in that case! And I tend to focus in on doing Uni with one household then.

Playing Long Lifespan is a good idea. The four-year degree taking four years was the ideal, but it's no longer the reality for most, and colleges now count as "successful graduation rates" people taking six years and longer, to complete the four-year degree.

One reason I like taking fewer credits is because otherwise, the Uni experience in Sims4 is all grind, no fun at all. Needing or wanting it over with as fast as possible, also points out to me the flaws of living that way. Not criticising anyone else's way of playing, nor yours, just explaining why I find it more fun to take fewer credits so my Sim can have a uni experience that isn't just another grind.

Interestingly, I find it easier to enjoy life as a college student, in Sims3 and Sims2, compared to 4.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg