Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Copperdale World?

ha3i4ticgj60.jpeg

Saw this on Reddit; if it’s fake, they did a great job!

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yep, that would be a very good fake if it wasn't real. It looks exactly like the usual maps, and contains everything we know is coming.

I see twelve lots in total:
    - Four occupied residential lots,
    - two empty ones,
    - a rental,
    - a park,
    - a library,
    - and three lots with new symbols. One is obviously the school, one is possibly the school gym doubling as a prom location, and one looks like an ice cream parlour.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    edited July 2022
    I saw this on reddit too. I was going to post it but given I was down voted for asking for the source I am somewhat skeptical.

If it's true it looks like the school is a new lot type which would be a major positive if we can place it elsewhere.

Reddit link for anyone interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/vtffgb/leaked_copperdale_world_map_i_need_this_to_be_real/

- and three lots with new symbols. One is obviously the school, one is possibly the school gym doubling as a prom location, and one looks like an ice cream parlour.

The one you said looks like ice cream I bet would be the new boba tea/thrift shop.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    If it is true, I wonder what the building in the bottom right corner in the Ferris Wheel neighborhood is. Could it be apartments? I can’t remember if the apartment building itself has highlights around it, I thought they didn’t.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,753 Member
    That's probably real, which makes me happy because it looks like the world will have 12 lots.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,007 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, I was wondering what the other two besides the school are. I was thinking one was that tea place and the other a thrift shop, But, I thought those two were going to be combined. 12 lots is good! Maybe they are together, and the other one is a place to have proms or parties. It does look like we are going to be able to make high schools ourself. I hope we are able to register to send our students to any high school we want even if they live in a different town. I hope there are places to swim and fish too.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    If it is true, I wonder what the building in the bottom right corner in the Ferris Wheel neighborhood is. Could it be apartments? I can’t remember if the apartment building itself has highlights around it, I thought they didn’t.

You're right! I just looked at the maps of San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor, and the apartment buildings there aren't highlighted at all. They only get a floating plumbob if someone is living there, so if that building indeed contains apartments, they wouldn't be occupied at the moment.

But that would be so cool! Just 12 lots for a new world coming with an EP is quite disappointing. (Yes, I know it has become the standard, just like 5 lots are the standard for GP worlds, but I was never okay with either of these standards.)
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    It looks great, if real. I wonder if there's a ferry service.
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish ooh, I hope so because I love apartments.
    @SheriSim57 you’re right, they did say those two would be combined and the the other icon looks like an auditorium venue. I’m curious how the combined boba/thrift shop is going to work because they’ve never had a venue combined like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

If you mean the building with the star icon above it, that's a rentable. But it's quite big, I wonder if it's supposed to be a dormitory?
  • Options
    @logion no, not that one. The two blue buildings that has no icon above it in that same neighborhood.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    So the amusement park is just in a neighborhood locale not on a lot.
  • Options
    @logion no, not that one. The two blue buildings that has no icon above it in that same neighborhood.

Ah, okay. Those are probably background buildings unfortunately, I agree that they look like apartments.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    Maybe this is leaked from the Gameplay Trailer.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    At this point I think the Sims team is deliberately leaking stuff to get us more hyped for the pack and its working
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options

Yeah, that makes me wonder how you are supposed to travel to it. Are you supposed to travel to the park lot?
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, that makes me wonder how you are supposed to travel to it. Are you supposed to travel to the park lot?

That's a good point! But it wouldn't be the first time, like in Tartosa where you can't really go to the small town and beach in a convenient way, you have to go to one of the lots that are a bit far away.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    Is it weird that I'm already making plans how I'm going to use that world?

It has been confirmed that the school is editable, but not if the lot type itself is also useable elsewhere. Since I already have a world themed around education (Britechester), I'd like to pick up that entire high school as it is and drop it on the Laurel library lot in Gibbs Hill.

But then again, maybe I won't. Wait and wonder...
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    That looks very legit to me. Glad it's more than 7 lots. Kinda convinced it's a game changer leaking this (and the curved walls) because the bottom left of the image is blurred to hide the watermark lol. Someone's gonna get in trouble.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    gc6164 wrote: »
    That looks very legit to me. Glad it's more than 7 lots. Kinda convinced it's a game changer leaking this (and the curved walls) because the bottom left of the image is blurred to hide the watermark lol. Someone's gonna get in trouble.

I didn’t even notice that! Good catch; that pushes me into thinking that this could be legit.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,007 Member
    logion wrote: »

If you mean the building with the star icon above it, that's a rentable. But it's quite big, I wonder if it's supposed to be a dormitory?

I think they might be talking about the green roofed thing that looks like a motel. It is probably apartments….at least I hope so, I love redoing apartments.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2022
    Also just realised the currently played household is the house that was featured in the leaked pic of the curved walls. If you take a very close look at it you can see it.
    IMG-2439.jpg
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    I am in love with this map (if it's real)! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,526 Member
    I see the school is placed really out in the woods, city planners wanted to make sure whoever was going to skip school had nowhere to go and only bears for company. :lol:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg it's so nice!! If this is real I'm really loving the recent worlds they've been making. 🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    The school being a lot type visible in the map gives me hope that we can freely make our own school lots in any world, which is just the customization we need. Also the world's size and number of lots look really good, and is spaced out better than Del Sol Valley.