Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Are You Liking Werewolves?

For those who have purchased and played.

How Are You Liking Werewolves? 157 votes

Very Satisfied
54%
Akl500PcrocobauraStace1234566IcewolfJasealan650111IceyJBlkBarbiegalrudolphaWrenryAprilDawnPlayerSinger2010imhappymcruddScrapdashelemmeleshellbemeSnuffyBucketmaggiemae8135Anmirla 85 votes
Satisfied
33%
MichelleWjeepjeepcatdavidp0418aelias24VenusABatsonColorist40blaq797SimpatsyannelanorbretonElnVldcchant86loubylouloualanmichael1catloverplayerTorieSha2520032003mueller_litemlmeadowssclevenger08MilutinMujovic 52 votes
Neutral
11%
BoergeAarg61Paigeisin5freindlylolSavorySageDaiyubevilletaydevbixtersLeccapammiechickInternal_Chaossillyangel0906BreazonaSimskristalogionllejenaSERVERFRABlueBananaSims 18 votes
Dissatisfied
1%
LetchieElisdream 2 votes
Very Dissatisfied
0%

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    Very Satisfied
    I love them. There are definitely somethings I would change or tweak, and I am still squaring them up against 4's vampires and their counterparts from 3 for my final conclusions. However, this is a strong pack with influences from the other two and some unique flare.

In fact, I just wrote a huge post in another thread all about it. If I can figure out the spoiler thing, I'll copy paste it over here, too.
    It is undoubtedly a great pack, and a great occult pack. Very easily topping Realm of Magic. Against Vampires, though, I am still weighing. I also need more time to determine how I feel about them versus their Sims 3 counterparts, even if they definitely look better aesthetically.

My knee jerk reaction tells me vampires are still more fun mechanically. They weren't able to recreate the fun balance of the vampire's weaknesses to make unique characters. Wolves have their temperaments instead, which basically act as weaknesses but are tied to the fury system as a punishment. They are supposed to be related to their normal personalities, but the RNG nature leaves a lot to be desired. Especially since 4's personality system isn't great, it doesn't seem to assign related temperaments well.

I do like the fury system, though. Quite a bit. It makes so much more sense than magic charge. They definitely combined influences from Vampires, RoM, and a little bit of unique inspiration. Also, just to address it, the temperaments at least do make wolves sort of unique so that easily distances them from spellcasters. Not to mention, they really doubled down on the aspirations to set them apart. Genuinely their own tab. I really enjoyed that sort of progression and want to see it implemented in more ways.

The BB and CAS are great. Moonwood Mill is a lot of fun. I know people want more lots, but I really love Forgotten Hollow because of how it felt and Moonwood Mill is that plus more world exploration and things to do. Then some of the little touches like howling toddlers and pets are amazing, not to mention the teething toddlers. I really wish vampires had more impact on children, and could access the shared occult CAS items.

The packs were also a cool mechanic, however I am probably the most tepid about it. Obviously we cannot design our own, although we can take them over or choose to be a lone wolf. There are options. I just haven't played enough to figure out if it is something I will still enjoy down the line.

Finally, the lore is a lot of fun. It is basically what Cottage Living tried to do but refined so it isn't beating you over the head. I've seen the prompts and the boxes. I love Greg's dialogue. It gives me a reason to explore, or I could just ignore it. The actual contents are certainly interesting. There are a few... Odder choices I somewhat reject, but that is probably just trying to carry RoM.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Very satisfied doesn't even begin to cover my feelings. Totally obsessed and loving it would be a better description. Everything about this pack has met or exceeded my expectations. In the way that it is so engrossing it has gone beyond my wildest expectations.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I love them and I don't want anything nerfed they have mostly left the other occults alone they are just as wild as I hoped. I tested cheating greg into the house and he's a very hungry boy but has stopped getting hostile with my sim so now I need like a few hundred or so across a few saves.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Very Satisfied
    I love them and I don't want anything nerfed they have mostly left the other occults alone they are just as wild as I hoped. I tested cheating greg into the house and he's a very hungry boy but has stopped getting hostile with my sim so now I need like a few hundred or so across a few saves.

In my Tarosan Sun save I have them limited to Moonwood Mill. I had two sims out getting coffee together and they came across Khristopher Volkov and they reacted to him just like he was any other sims. No negative moodlets. I hope non-occultists will take note of this. The only thing that worries me is a non-occultist doing a rotation having a sim they're not controlling wander into Moonwood Mill autonomously and getting bitten or attacked. In that save I'm watching what happens to my NPCs and my rotational households to see if they go there and something bad happens. I hope not because I'm with you, I'm tired of the nerfing of our occults.

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Very Satisfied as far as the gameplay goes! I played away most of my day yesterday and have several wolves now and it's striking how different the temperaments can make them. It's also challenging because in a household with two or more wolves you're not just managing rage(and repairs) but different temperaments.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Satisfied
    From what I played so far, it's pretty fun. I still prefer Vampires, but the world is fun, the lore is great, the BB/CAS is a fantastic breath of fresh air, and I appreciate how deep the gameplay is.

Easily a B or B+. But the grade might go up as I explore even more of the pack.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Loving it so far. Normally Build and Buy is my happy place but I have hardly spent any time building as Im so invested in playing with my werewolves! Ive had a few minor bugs but generally the gameplay seems to work well and there is so much of it! Also the CAS and BB is fantastic.
    All together a brilliant addition...lets hope the same team works on fairies in the future!LOL
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Neutral
    Still trying to learn the new pack & how to get my sim the Werewolf abilities.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Satisfied
    This is a good pack for me. I'd just wish I could comfortably play it, but my graphics card broke while playing this pack and now I'm on the integrated graphics card, which makes the game a little slower and it brings glitches and crashes. I hope I can get a new one soon...

But I did manage to learn many things of this pack though.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Satisfied
    99% satisfied. The gameplay is good, I can use CC to deal with the tails and feet thing...but I'm really annoyed that female werewolves are locked into flat-chestedness when the devs have put such a huge effort into gender expression and gender identity options so far. As a woman, I am very upset about that design decision.

Other than that one gripe, though, it's probably the best pack (game pack, stuff pack, expansion pack, or kit) they've released so far. If they could just patch that chest issue, it would be pretty much perfect.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Satisfied
    I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. I’m not an occult fan but got mainly for the world, cas and bb items but I’m starting to like the werewolf’s. Might potentially become a must have for some because of the items and cas, it gives off a fallout vibe, definitely loading up fallout 4 and 3, to look at potential builds
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Very Satisfied
    99% satisfied. The gameplay is good, I can use CC to deal with the tails and feet thing...but I'm really annoyed that female werewolves are locked into flat-chestedness when the devs have put such a huge effort into gender expression and gender identity options so far. As a woman, I am very upset about that design decision.

Other than that one gripe, though, it's probably the best pack (game pack, stuff pack, expansion pack, or kit) they've released so far. If they could just patch that chest issue, it would be pretty much perfect.

As a woman, I'm happy that for once the default isn't some sexualised weird version of a human form with fur. I don't understand why people are saying they have a male form - they have a wolf form.
    I mean it's not going to upset me if they add in some ability to add in a few sliders but I find it a bit uncomfortable.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Satisfied
    CelSims wrote: »

As a woman, I'm happy that for once the default isn't some sexualised weird version of a human form with fur. I don't understand why people are saying they have a male form - they have a wolf form.
    I mean it's not going to upset me if they add in some ability to add in a few sliders but I find it a bit uncomfortable.

I actually find it more uncomfortable that they locked them into the flat chests. Having the ability to make their chests flat or rounded is preferable to having either one forced on the player. And what's so sexualized about them just being able to have a bust? Breasts are a normal part of female anatomy. No one is upset that female aliens have breasts, breasts that we can make as small or large as we like, even though the green Martian/grey alien archetype that Sims aliens are based off of are usually depicted as flat-chested and androgynous. Why should female werewolves, out of all occults, be left out when everyone else gets to have a bust...even the extraterrestrials, who, if you look at things from a hard science standpoint, probably shouldn't even look that human, let alone have females who would be considered attractive by human standards...?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022

Women can like different aesthetics and tastes, and some women even like the “sexy” looks of some characters in video games/media. It’s subjective tastes in our fantasy game escapism for many folks. I’m also disappointed that we don’t have as much customization/choices in the aesthetics department here as well, but there is CC at least.

I’m a woman, too, and I like having both sexy and non-sexy choices. In some video games, I sometimes choose sexy or cute “feminine”-presenting-style characters and/or outfits, and other times, I dress my characters more conservatively, etc.

Either way, it would have been nice to add more choices. Neither side should be shamed or put down for wanting varied customizing choices in different aesthetics/styles/tastes.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Love it. Was never a huge werewolf fan, always preferred vampires, but this pack changed my mind. It's really brought an element of chaotic fun and so well fleshed out it could almost be an ep. It puts the Island Living/ mermaids to shame.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Satisfied
    The only part of the pack that I don't like is the RNGness of the tunnels and wolf traits. In every game that has RNG, it's always worked against me.

I think the reason they didn't give breasts to the women is because they didn't want to pixelate werewolves when they have no clothes on.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I was somewhat neutral about it but something told me I should buy the pack. I'm not a big werewolf fan either but I do love occults. I must say it is the most fun I've had playing TS4 in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    WolfnightsingerWolfnightsinger Posts: 22 Member
    Very Satisfied
    Very satisfied. This is hands down the best iteration of werewolves that have been brought to the Sims games. I absolutely love it.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Very Satisfied

I actually find it more uncomfortable that they locked them into the flat chests. Having the ability to make their chests flat or rounded is preferable to having either one forced on the player. And what's so sexualized about them just being able to have a bust? Breasts are a normal part of female anatomy. No one is upset that female aliens have breasts, breasts that we can make as small or large as we like, even though the green Martian/grey alien archetype that Sims aliens are based off of are usually depicted as flat-chested and androgynous. Why should female werewolves, out of all occults, be left out when everyone else gets to have a bust...even the extraterrestrials, who, if you look at things from a hard science standpoint, probably shouldn't even look that human, let alone have females who would be considered attractive by human standards...?

I agree they are a normal part of anatomy. So let's give our wolfs wolf breasts which would mean 8 of them?
    I don't care about the aliens because I've never seen an alien in real life to compare. I have seen a wolf though and they don't have human figures.
    There's no point arguing about it, I agree that you should have the option to change their body shape if you wish. Always on the side of choices.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    this pack is okay, but if they were going to make a sim desire red meat, you'd think they'd have a way for the sim to get it? i dislike watching my sim being frustrated. perhaps they'll add red meat at some pt and time.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I didn't vote cause I don't have it yet 😭 but from everything I've seen and heard I know I'm VERY SATISFIED without having to play it lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Satisfied
    I voted Satisfied, but will probably be Very Satisfied when I get it integrated into my main save. My only problem is that I’m one of those people who has two versions of the world in my main save, so I’m hesitant to incorporate it yet. I started a new save to play around with it, but until it’s a part of my larger game, I’m Satisfied.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Very Satisfied
    I haven't done much yet except visit Greg, the world and two lots, and all that was fun. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Very Satisfied
    this pack is okay, but if they were going to make a sim desire red meat, you'd think they'd have a way for the sim to get it? i dislike watching my sim being frustrated. perhaps they'll add red meat at some pt and time.

There is the Hunter perk that will satisfy that craving. It is unfortunately a rabbit hole while they hunt, but they will come back with more than one piece of meat, and they will devour it in front of you. Also if you get the Voracious Hunger perk that allows them to eat objects, like say furniture. That perk will also allow them to eat chickens whole.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

I don’t have the pack yet, still reading others comments about it. Do you have cottage living? If so you can buy red packaged meat, or does that not work? Also, how do you get the uncooked steaks shown in the pictures? I saw a comment where people didn’t like that non werewolves were eating raw meat from the fridge, so you must be able to get it someway.