Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with non-werewolves eating raw meat.

So I'm having a problem in my game where my non-werewolf sims are constantly eating the raw meat I have in my fridge for my werewolf sim. Does anyone know any way to fix this? They do this autonomously and it gives them an angry moodlet after they are done. I'd really like this to stop. Thanks!
2j0y05u.png

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hm. Beyond locking the fridge off from the other Sims (which I am assuming is undesirable), I'd assume the best option is to leave it in your wolf's inventory. It will spoil quicker, but they can get more.

I guess it depends on your household balance, though. Majority humans? Meat in the inventory. Majority wolves? Humans suffer the bad moodlets.

It sounds like the new food wasn't super tuned so it gets eaten as often as cheese, which means even going vegetarian may not fix it. You could try to fight fire with autonomous fire by putting a grill down and seeing your human Sims gravitate to it instead, but again no guarantees.

Edit: I'd also go to the bug forums and report it there. I personally haven't encountered this, but I had been leaning towards treating it like plasma packs which stay in the occult's inventory in my game (in the hopes they remember to feed themselves; results vary).
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Oh no is it plasma salad all over again? They never fixed vampires choosing the human food and humans choosing the plasma.
    Let me guess, werewolf children can't eat raw meat either?
    Sigh, its bad enough that these issues continue for literal years, just adding more food to the pile is just an insult to players at this point.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Oh no is it plasma salad all over again? They never fixed vampires choosing the human food and humans choosing the plasma.
    Sigh, its bad enough that these issues continue for literal years, just adding more food to the pile is just an insult to players at this point.

Werewolf children can indeed eat raw meat. I saw it myself earlier today.

So at least there's that.
  • Options
    CharlesTulipCharlesTulip Posts: 171 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Hm. Beyond locking the fridge off from the other Sims (which I am assuming is undesirable), I'd assume the best option is to leave it in your wolf's inventory. It will spoil quicker, but they can get more.

I guess it depends on your household balance, though. Majority humans? Meat in the inventory. Majority wolves? Humans suffer the bad moodlets.

It sounds like the new food wasn't super tuned so it gets eaten as often as cheese, which means even going vegetarian may not fix it. You could try to fight fire with autonomous fire by putting a grill down and seeing your human Sims gravitate to it instead, but again no guarantees.

Edit: I'd also go to the bug forums and report it there. I personally haven't encountered this, but I had been leaning towards treating it like plasma packs which stay in the occult's inventory in my game (in the hopes they remember to feed themselves; results vary).

Thanks for your ideas! It sounds like this may be the best solution. I may try reporting this on the bug forums too.
    2j0y05u.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

Werewolf children can indeed eat raw meat. I saw it myself earlier today.

So at least there's that.

Thank goodness! Thank you for the info, I am pre-rugrats in my save atm!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    It’s a pity there’s not an interaction where the werewolf couldn’t ask ‘who ate my steak in the fridge?’ If they’re mad or high fury they are more aggressive. 🤔🐺

Perhaps guarding the fridge after to stop human Sims going near it.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    > @CelSims said:
    > Oh no is it plasma salad all over again? They never fixed vampires choosing the human food and humans choosing the plasma.
    > Let me guess, werewolf children can't eat raw meat either?
    > Sigh, its bad enough that these issues continue for literal years, just adding more food to the pile is just an insult to players at this point.

I was gonna say "Patch". But according to you, that's not a option.

I have no idea what your comment means.
  • Options
    CharlesTulipCharlesTulip Posts: 171 Member
    It’s a pity there’s not an interaction where the werewolf couldn’t ask ‘who ate my steak in the fridge?’ If they’re mad or high fury they are more aggressive. 🤔🐺

LOL. That would be funny!

Or I was thinking: non-werewolves should only eat raw meat if it is the only thing in the fridge -- that would make more sense. If there's other food, they should grab that first!
    2j0y05u.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

LOL. That would be funny!

Or I was thinking: non-werewolves should only eat raw meat if it is the only thing in the fridge -- that would make more sense. If there's other food, they should grab that first!

100% agreed.

A general preference for leftover full meals instead of just ingredients would be lovely. Even the food lifestyles only really help the junk food addicts. They are constantly getting snacks and quick meals, but my health food nut doesn't cook the health food nut recipes autonomously for some reason.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

I haven’t had sims gravitate to the cheese, but they always gravitate to the breadsticks I have them bake to make sandwiches and things that need bread. So I’m always keeping an eye on my sims and try to send them to eat certain foods before they open the fridge themselves.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You could try putting the raw meat in those chilling display cases for shops and lock them behind the wolves only door. You could also try having several cooked dishes in the fridge and hope they chose something else instead of raw meat. Also, cooking and leaving dishes on the counter instead of putting them away in the fridge makes it easier to choose what food the sims eat.
  • Options
    ShagawaMichelleShagawaMichelle Posts: 6 New Member
    It's making me nuts. And makes so sense, because since when do people assume everything in a fridge is cooked? My guess is it's not a bug so much as something that's meant to be funny, and it is the first time, but then the joke overstays it's welcome.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Two words: Autonomy Off. I stopped playing this game with autonomy on years ago because of how many annoying autonomous behaviors they programmed into the game. They're never going to fix the tuning, so I just went, "Bump it, Autonomy Off, now I can enjoy Live mode without having to cancel so many unwanted actions." It also somewhat helps with sims not sleeping through the night and getting up as soon as their energy is full instead. The AI in this game is such a mess it's not even funny...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    It's making me nuts. And makes so sense, because since when do people assume everything in a fridge is cooked? My guess is it's not a bug so much as something that's meant to be funny, and it is the first time, but then the joke overstays it's welcome.

I never thought of that before. Sims never have to reheat things taken out of the fridge! 😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,350 Member
    I just wish sims would learn from their mistakes. You ate the raw meat and got sick? Maybe you shouldn't eat that next time. If they actually learned, autonomy wouldn't be such a problem. I mean, at the very least, the "genius" sims should be able to figure it out.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Glitchy_GalaxyGlitchy_Galaxy Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah its annoying, I keep it in the fridge so it's not buried in the inventory & lasts longer. Just dont like my sims having food in the inventory.
    Alexander Goth is a werewolf in my save and Olive Tinker (Goth) - his wife - is a spellcaster. They had 2 sons pre occult who are both human, then twins when only Olive was supernatural. One spellcaster one human. Their youngest now is a werewolf.
    Olive, Bella and the two eldest keep grabbing the raw meat and its getting on my nerves, there is perfectly fine Turkey and fish in the fridge 😭🤚
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    If one can lock the fridges (I'm not sure, I have never noticed this but someone mentioned it in thiss thread), could you have two fridges, one for the raw meat and then lock it from everyone else exept the werewolves?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Unfortunately all fridges on a lot share the same inventory.
    Fridges can't be directly locked, but you can put it behind a door or gate that locks.