Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone got the map?

There were a couple of versions of large maps showing where the Sims4 worlds could be in relation to one another.

Alternately, what do you consider close/local to each other and what is more of a distance/effort away?

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited June 2022
    Found one at deviantart.com by EmilyJayneDraws here

but still feel free to discuss and share others that you like.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited June 2022
    I used to group them like this...

Willow Creek
    Oasis Springs
    Brindleton Bay
    Del Sol Valley
    Newcrest
    Magnolia Promenade
    Evergreen Harbor
    Strangerville
    Granite Falls
    Glimmerbrook/Magic Realm
    San Myshuno is a wildcard. I used to put it with this bunch.

Sulani

Windenberg
    Forgotten Hollow

Britechester
    Henford-On-Bagley

Selvadorada

Tartosa

Mt Komorebi

Sixam
    Batuu

I used to treat the worlds like real countries and cities here, hence that list. Now it's all one big country and each 'world' is just a city within that one country.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Funny I saw that same map a couple of day ago.
    Its seem weird to me, as a northern hemisphere person, since the desert is so far north, but I guess it makes sense to someone living in the southern hemisphere.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Funny I saw that same map a couple of day ago.
    Its seem weird to me, as a northern hemisphere person, since the desert is so far north, but I guess it makes sense to someone living in the southern hemisphere.

Funny you should mention real life hemisphere locations. I'm from New Zealand (which I guess is pretty far down South) and the northerly deserts didn't register as unusual to me at all. :D
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Could someone please post a pic of the map you are talking about
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Here @catmando830. This is NOT my work! Credit to EmilyJaneDraws

VrhsuA8.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I was just trying to decide what to do about this. I was thinking about switching things up but I might leave it as is. Here’s my usual setup:

- Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade/Newcrest = Various neighborhoods of the same city, extremely close proximity (within 1-5 miles of each other. South/midwest)
    - Oasis Springs/Strangerville/Del Sol Valley/San Myshuno = Same state but different cities (within 25-100 miles of each other. SM is further north while SV is the furthest south. West/southwest)
    - Brindleton Bay/Britechester/Evergreen Harbor = same state but different cities (within 25-100 miles of each other. Pacific northwest)
    - Sulani/Mt. Komorebi/Tartosa/Henford-on-Bagley/Windenburg/Selvadorada = International destinations (only accessible to my sims during a vacation)
    - Granite Falls/Forgotten Hollow/Glimmerbrook = Same state but different cities (within 10-100 miles of each other. North/northeast. Only occults live/visit with the exception of Granite Falls)

I don’t count Batuu or Sixam.
  • Options
    Nice @UniqueKhaos I may just try to combine your ideas with a bit of what I am seeing on the map to inform my own new game.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2022
    I divide the worlds into different areas:

European inspired worlds: Henford-on-Bagley, Britechester, Glimmerbrook (because of the Art Nouveau/Arts & Crafts style), Forgotten Hollow, Windenburg, Tartosa.

American inspired worlds, east coast: Brindleton Bay, Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest.

American inspired worlds, west coast: Oasis Springs, StrangerVille, Del Sol Valley, San Myshuno, Evergreen Harbor, Moonwood Mill, Granite Falls.

Overseas: Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, Selvadorada.

It's own thing: Sixam, Batuu.

My sims can freely move inside their area, but need to take a vacation to visit other areas. :)
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited June 2022
    Well just going by vibes:

Henford-on-Bagley
    Britechester
    Brindleton Bay
    Windenburg
    Forgotten Hollow
    Moonwood Mill
    Granite Falls
    Glimmerbrook
    Willow Creek
    Magnolia Promenade
    Newcrest
    Evergreen Harbor
    (kinda hard to place but like somewhere close to foundry cove as that is my only other ugly suburban houses area)
    Mt.Komorebi
    on its own isn't really linked anywhere but i feel its closer to san myshuno newcrest willow creek area because the cherry blossom trees
    San Myshuno
    joins every possible area on map as
    "the city"
    Oasis Springs
    StrangerVille
    Del Sol Valley
    (del sol being closer to the expensive properties and strangerville closer to cheap desert and community lots)
    Tartosa also kinda fits between mediterranean and beach somewhere
    but idk if its particularily close anywhere
    Selvadorada
    Sulani

as in if you walk deep enough in the sulani jungles you will eventually hit selvadorada
    aand then there is space =

Magic Realm
    Sixam
    Batuu

although aliens love oasis springs area and therefore you are more likely to interact with sixam and batuu from there

and magic realm is closer to glimmerbrook via portals but also like sixam in actual location
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Brindleton Bay and Britechester are close together in the Northeast (New England).
    Willow Creek and Magnolia Promenade are in the South (Louisiana).
    Newcrest is a midpoint between San Myshuno in the East (New York) and Willow/Promenade.
    Oasis Springs and Strangerville are close together in the Southwest (New Mexico, Nevada, and Arizona area).
    Del Sol Valley and Evergreen Harbor are close together in the West (California).
    Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow are close together, with mountains between them on one side (Oregon area).
    Oasis Springs is either close to Forgotten Hollow or Glimmerbrook (mountains separate them).
    Granite Falls is in the Northwest (Oregon/Washington area)

So from Northeast to Northwest:
    1. Brindleton Bay
    2. Britechester
    3. San Myshuno
    4. Newcrest
    5. Willow Creek/Magnolia Promenade
    6. Strangerville
    7. Oasis Springs
      Going Northwest:
    8. Forgotten Hollow/Glimmerbrook
    9. Granite Falls
      Going straight West:
    10. Del Sol Valley
    11. Evergreen Harbor
    Outside of the US:
    • Mt. Komorebi (Japan) - Train.
    • Sulani - (Mix of Hawaii and Polynesian Isles) Seaplane.
    • Windenburg - (Europe) Ship/Seaplane.
    • Selvadorada (South America) - Seaplane.
    Europe is where Canada is in our world, but not considered part of North America. It's a little bigger than current Canada, but not by much.
    Polynesia is between Asia and the US, part of the West Indies.
    Asia is where Africa currently is (Japan is on the Western side, by the West Indies). It takes on the size and shape of both current Europe and Asia.
    Africa is where Europe currently is. It takes the size and shape of current Europe.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Here's my general list of Sims worlds and where I headcanon them being around. It's basically somewhat based around what real life influences the world is based off of.

Mt. Komorebi is Japan, natch. Northern Japan to be precisce.

Sulani is likewise based off of the Pacific Islands.

Evergreen Harbor is right around Oregan and Portland. Initally I had Glimmerbrook around there but I decided to shuffle that considering, well, upcoming pack. Moonwood Mills is it's closest neighbor now.

San Myshuno is based around San Fransico, natch.

Del Sol Valley being LA.

Strangerville is based around Aridzona and all of those strange tales out in suspicious areas...

Oasis Springs...is likely within the same region but somewhere more...upscale. Then again, if Get to Work is anything, it also has it's own Science center but...I more envision it as an old Route 66 tourist town. Whatever the Sims version of that is.

Willow Creak and Magnolia Prominade are obviously one and the same and again, based in New Orleans. (Now if only it didn't have a snowy winter)

Newcrest has a similar vibe to Willow Creek but with those winters, I envison it more up north. I'm thinking similar to Chicago.

For Forgotten Hollow, I actually went to the whole nine yards to see what colonies were present around the time of it's proposed settelment. And you know what I'm thinking, with it's seasons? Canada.

Glimmerbrook is one I initally pulled around Evergreen Harbor, as stated but I have had relatives that I've visited in Upstate New York and Vermont and that's kinda more the idea I got off of that area. ...outside of secluded gated suburb...that has a roadside bar...we don't question it.

Brindelton Bay is based on the northeast coast of America so yep! That's where it be! Quite lovely, all told.

Henford-on-Bagley and Britechester are within close proxmity, being the British towns they are.

Windenburg is...somewhere in Sims Germany while Tartosa is out in Sims Mediterrian coast! (I envision Spain, personally)
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Interesting thread.

I don't think of any of these worlds in relation to the real world globe at all. They are their own place in my mind.

Usually when playing games I am really obsessed with understanding the geography, but not so much ion this game. I do link the climate zones together in my mind so the desert regions are next to each other, same with the temperate ones, etc.

I do like that map from deviantart tho'. It seems to fit it all together very well. Only problem I have now after looking at that is that I am feeling an urge to buy the worlds I don't have, which I must resist!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    I liked the idea of a simmer here (and I add the newer worlds since Henford):
    4 regions with their capitol

City: San Myshuno, Evergreen Harbor, Newcrest, Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, Tortosa

Desert: Del Sol Valley, Oasis Springs, Strangerville, Futursim lab, Batuu (come on, it is a theme park as I see), Sulani, Selvadorada

Mountains or Highlands: Mt Komorebi, Glimmerbrook, Granite Falls, Forgotten Hollow

Countryside: Windenburg , Brindleton Bay, Britechester, Henford on Bagley, Mooonwood Mill

City (West):
    San Myshuno (capital), Evergreen Harbor, Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek

Desert (South):
    Del Sol Valley (capital), Oasis Springs, StrangerVille, Selvadorada, Sulani

Countryside (East):
    Windenburg (capital), Brindleton Bay, Britechester

Highlands (North):
    Mt. Komorebi (capital), Granite Falls, Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I consider all the worlds in my game (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Newcrest, Henford-on-Bagley) as within close proximity, including Britechester-U, which takes a good hour to drive to in my mind.

Distant Destinations:
    Sulani
    Mt. Komorebi
    Selvadorada

Another Planet:
    Strangerville
    Sixam

In the Mountains:
    Granite Falls

I have no other worlds in my game at the moment.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    I would love to have something like this going on but the fact that all the kids go to the same school destroys it for me :/ all worlds are for me at least in the same metropolitan area.