Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves, it looks amazing but...

Comments

• Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Not getting it, but memories of Wedding Stories horror stories are still fresh. What is the guarantee this will be any better?

This is my only real fear.

Well, that and empty gameplay. For instance, if all the effort went to customization in CAS and then werewolves act just like regular sims that sometimes pee on the ground.
  • Options
    MrCaptainPantsMrCaptainPants Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > Not getting it, but memories of Wedding Stories horror stories are still fresh. What is the guarantee this will be any better?

I'll be getting it if the reviews are good, but if it's a bug-filled mess, I'm not going to have an ounce of sympathy for anyone who pre-ordered Werewolves knowing full well what happened with My Wedding Stories.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but when a company releases something like My Wedding Stories and shows ZERO remorse about it, you kind of deserve whatever happens if you insist on trusting them again with your money via a pre-order.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Nerfing. I’ve already seen people say they’re buying it for the CAS or BB (especially the BB) but don’t want the werewolves in their game.

This is what I'm worried about. It's crazy to me that people buy packs like this, and then complain about it... :/
    He/Him
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolf forms being locked to one androgenous body shape instead of being able to give females a more feminine figure if we like. That's my biggest fear. I hate, hate, hate when female characters are de-feminized when they change into a true half-beast sort of werewolf form. The game has been doing such a good job with gender expression so far (letting us choose masculine or feminine frames, reproductive roles, and pronouns for our sims), so I really hope they don't drop the ball here! It would really be a step backward, in my opinion.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Werewolf forms being locked to one androgenous body shape instead of being able to give females a more feminine figure if we like. That's my biggest fear. I hate, hate, hate when female characters are de-feminized when they change into a true half-beast sort of werewolf form. The game has been doing such a good job with gender expression so far (letting us choose masculine or feminine frames, reproductive roles, and pronouns for our sims), so I really hope they don't drop the ball here! It would really be a step backward, in my opinion.

The more I think about it, the more I want the female werewolves to have a female frame. It is a shame if becoming a werewolf means they have to drop their femininity. If they were in a true wolf form, I would understand an androgynous approach but these werewolf have humanoid upright bodies with human feet and can wear clothes. A feminine version would be nice. What we have seen in the trailer doesn't look like an androgynous body shape, it looks like a male body shape for all.

Interesting how you compare it to the gender inclusive approach in the rest of the game (gender options in CAS, pronouns,..) why doesn't this apply to werewolves?
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The more I think about it, the more I want the female werewolves to have a female frame. It is a shame if becoming a werewolf means they have to drop their femininity. If they were in a true wolf form, I would understand an androgynous approach but these werewolf have humanoid upright bodies with human feet and can wear clothes. A feminine version would be nice. What we have seen in the trailer doesn't look like an androgynous body shape, it looks like a male body shape for all.

Interesting how you compare it to the gender inclusive approach in the rest of the game (gender options in CAS, pronouns,..) why doesn't this apply to werewolves?

Because they are werewolves? I don't really know, but I personally don't mind. Maybe we can edit their bodies in CAS? You could make females slimmer and males more muscular.

He/Him
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    My biggest fear is the bugs/glitches. I do not use CC or mods, so it would be reasonable to expect a new pack won't break my game, but sadly it has already happened a couple of times.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Gotta be honest....whilst the werewolves look good on paper it took a good while into the trailer seeing anything "new"....it could go either way. I think Vampires is one of the best packs out there because it allowed you to customise the Vampires personality but I also think Realm of Magic is one of the worst because it felt too watered down and the spells didn't really bring anything new to the table. Providing they focus on the werewolves themselves and how they interact with other Sims then I'll be OK.
    Still the CAS/BB objects look brilliant and I'm happy to *finally* have telescopes back in Base Game!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think the Werewolves have been made while remembering all that the Vampires had, but my concern is that there will be a ton of compatibility bugs. They weren't working on Werewolves at the same time as Journey To Batuu, that's for sure.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Not getting it, but memories of Wedding Stories horror stories are still fresh. What is the guarantee this will be any better?

Well "Wedding Stories" broke kind of the rule with Sims, to expect Sims with full autonomy to sit down quietly and watch a rather long wedding ceremony without acting out is totaly against the Sims programming.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Peral wrote: »

Well "Wedding Stories" broke kind of the rule with Sims, to expect Sims with full autonomy to sit down quietly and watch a rather long wedding ceremony without acting out is totaly against the Sims programming.

Yeah... Looking at this pack it is no more than Vampires 1.1 in that regard; it is not even close to the same complexity.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    My main worries:
    -Nerfing or werewolves not showing up enough (or doing much werewolf stuff)

-Any enemy lore between the occults and/or humans. I don’t want occults to be enemies when I have mixed occult-human families.

-Fury status going overboard and werewolf sims going berserk werewolf too often. I would get annoyed and avoid the pack if this is overdone.

-Bugs not fixed
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2022
    Pre-nerfed werewolves. Cmon folks Im not buying occult packs so that occults can act exactly like humans and dont do anything unless you force them to act like an occult or find lots of mods so that they act right.

What's sad is that Im already expecting this. Sigh...
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2022
    I saw some youtubers play with it, it looks fun. I am excited. I have like, 5 scenarios I wanna play. I just hate that I have to make a whole new fleet of sims from scratch. I would rather just use some of my pre-existing ones and change a few traits or styles and call it a day. I hate making faces on the sims, like 70% of my sims look weird and the other 30% look the same. But in the 18 years since sims 2 came out, I have never used an unedited default sim and I refuse to now. B)
    Post edited by Kbobster on
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    My biggest concern is another My Wedding Story incident where the pack is not only unplayable but affects the whole game negatively because of the extreme amount of bugs shipped with it. Did anything in the pack work as intended on launch. It is the reason I don't pre-order this pack. I so want it but the last game pack was so, so broken, I am going to give it a while to see if ap single feature works first.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    NERFING. Every single time there's an occult pack, people whine and cry about the occults. Don't buy the pack if you don't like the major gameplay.

It's like me complaining about the "Ask for Advice" part of Parenthood, the devs nerf it, and now it only shows up after 35,000 hours of gameplay and you selling your soul to EA for the rest of eternity.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gameplay lacking in depth, sims not reacting appropriately towards werewolves like they already don't for vampires, and also the pack being released untested and broken like the same way it happened with my wedding stories. There is a lot to be worried about when almost every paid for DLC this year so far has been released with issues.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Like a lot of other people, I am concerned about nerfing. There has already been so much of this in the game which we will never get back. And none of the devs ever seem to address this issue.

I haven't played spellcasters or vampires in such a long time as they seem a bit lame to me now (particularly vampires, who should be scary to 'normal' sims). Did they ever update vampires when they brought in the fear emotion? So that sims run scared, like they do when their house is haunted? I admit I don't want to see vampires out and about in the day time drinking from random sims, but if our sims are out at night then they ought to be scared at seeing a vampire.

I am hoping that the chase scene from the trailer is not faked and sims can actually be chased and attacked by werewolves if they are daft enough to go into the forest at night.

And, EA, please un-nerf the already nerfed gameplay. Including alien abductions and the speed of eating food.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I loved playing my vampire sims but most often they are the "scary things out there in the world, be careful". If I play an occult sim then that sim can take care of itself. If I play a regular sim then I would like vampires to be scary, magic to be a bit worrisome and werewolves would for sure be scary too.

Which is why I mod the game, a lot! There are a few modders on patreon that I support because they make the game into something more for me. I want my scary occults to be scary, the mods makes that possible. Wish that there were more lot traits and other things to make it possible for gamers to fix this in our own game without mods.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/gt-no-ask-to-for-38879268
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Mc will be updated too be able too make werewolves so can make any sim a werewolf
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    From a build and buy pov Im abit upset that this pack doesnt seem to include as much stuff as I expected. Im judging againest RoM and Vampires here and there is no double bed, no kitchen cabinets, only one curtain and barely any wall/floor textures.
    We could of done with a ratty bed and some junky cabinets that looked like they were badly handmade. Also maybe a set of ripped curtains in various sizes.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My biggest concern is people who hate the pack are going to buy it then complain that werewolf’s are to intrusive. Then the sims team wanting to please everyone is going to nerf it. Just like aliens and vampires. They need to have a tab in the options on how active they want occults to be. That’s probably why these werewolf’s look more cute then scary they probably thought if it’s too scary someone would complain about it.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    NERFING. Every single time there's an occult pack, people whine and cry about the occults. Don't buy the pack if you don't like the major gameplay.

It's like me complaining about the "Ask for Advice" part of Parenthood, the devs nerf it, and now it only shows up after 35,000 hours of gameplay and you selling your soul to EA for the rest of eternity.

Heck I wouldnt mind if that got nerfed a bit! My kids ask for advice ALL THE TIME and 99% of the time I just dont care. I tell them to go eat, do some homework or whatever, and they stop everything they're doing just for advice. I just end up canceling the action when I see they're about to do it. Would I like kids to not be needing advice every minute of the day? Yeah! But Im not out here demanding and crying on Twitter that it be subject to nerfing since I got other things to do with my time. Its in my game, I deal with it or go play a household with no kids. Simple as that. And Im certain there are simmers that legitimately enjoy that feature. Who am I to say, "since I dont like this feature, NOBODY CAN."
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Heck I wouldnt mind if that got nerfed a bit! My kids ask for advice ALL THE TIME and 99% of the time I just dont care. I tell them to go eat, do some homework or whatever, and they stop everything they're doing just for advice. I just end up canceling the action when I see they're about to do it. Would I like kids to not be needing advice every minute of the day? Yeah! But Im not out here demanding and crying on Twitter that it be subject to nerfing since I got other things to do with my time. Its in my game, I deal with it or go play a household with no kids. Simple as that. And Im certain there are simmers that legitimately enjoy that feature. Who am I to say, "since I dont like this feature, NOBODY CAN."

Or quietly go look for a mod.
    https://modthesims.info/d/598495/no-ask-for-advice-parenthood.html
    There's one for no auto making a mess too somewhere, first one I grabbed, though you can also turn that off with MCCC.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Because they are werewolves? I don't really know, but I personally don't mind. Maybe we can edit their bodies in CAS? You could make females slimmer and males more muscular.

Yeah...I'd rather the androgyny, with what ironknight35 said - adjust muscle and make females a bit slighter (since we can't adjust size), like with dogs. So androgyny is the best way to go.
    They're werewolves.......Don't want a female werewolf running about with big melons ect
    Can always make the more what you view as being masculine/feminine in the fur style, colours or whatnot