Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't save my game twice after season???

Idk if someone else has this problem, but some weeks ago I bought Season expansion pack, and I noticed that while playing, if sims have an umbrella in their inventory, I can successfully save the game only once, if I do that another time, the saving process never stops. If you have or had the same issue, is there some solution to this problem other then selling the umbrella or just saving once?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member
    Are playing Sims 3 or Sims 4? I'm only asking as this is the Tech Section for Sims 3 as the Sims 4 Tech Section is Read Only since the game developers want any Sims 4 issues and glitches posted over at the AHQ site.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Are playing Sims 3 or Sims 4? I'm only asking as this is the Tech Section for Sims 3 as the Sims 4 Tech Section is Read Only since the game developers want any Sims 4 issues and glitches posted over at the AHQ site.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

The Sims 3
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    This sounds like a memory problem. Seasons and Pets are the two expansions that push a computer to its limits.

If it is memory there are ways to reduces the chances of this happening.

One thing I've had to do with some saves is to shut down the game and reload after each save.

I've got a huge game with lots of worlds in it and I've spent the past month and a half reducing the number of sims in some of the worlds where I have to shut down after each save. I've found for these saves I have a limit of about 80 playable sims in each world. After that I get Error 12 or crashes regularly. This includes never ending saving processes.

Sim's inventories need to be kept as empty as possible too. I've been moving items from their inventories to storage chests or selling them.

I find I am risking disaster if I allow my games to have long winters with snow.

Too many build mode plants can cause issues as they wave in the wind constantly. I once froze my game almost completely - by turning one lot into a rain forest. My sim took a literal 5 minutes to take each step. I removed most of the plants and she was back to normal walking.

Large gardens of harvestables can slow things down too.

I'm sure other people will have lots of other ideas. I don't know if any of these apply to your game.

Another thing you will need is a computer that can cope with this game. You'll at least need a dedicated video card and sufficient memory and disk space as the game uses virtual memory too.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    A few questions:
    • How much RAM is the save using immediately after you load it and after it's been running for about 20 minutes? You can see the numbers in the Task Manager; if you don't see absolute values, right-click on the Memory header to switch.
    • Do you ever leave BuyDebug enabled?
    • Does the same problem happen if you use "save as" and rename the save rather than using "save" again?