Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
    I need more freedom in create a sim. I should have the options to set and select my sims skill levels, career and career level and set a custom amount of starting funds all by myself for each household in c-a-s.
  • Options
    KriseldaKriselda Posts: 25 Member
    I've just bought my first Vet clinic and have hired a 2nd vet to help me out, but all he does is sing jazz/be-bop tunes and stand around. How do I get him to actually see and treat patients? Also, how long is it supposed to take for the exam table to give me a diagnosis? Mine's been churning for about 5 min and still nothing - and I've got this poor red-nosed dog waiting for either me or my be-bopping assistant to take care of him :(
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I though it might be a good idea to have a thread for those occasions when we want to comment on something game related or ask a question without having to start a new thread. Or those comments and questions that don't really fit into an existing thread. Also for new members who are unable to start a discussion.

It's a great idea in theory. But in practice, one person's question may get overlooked or someone needing info about a certain thing might have to scroll through page after page after page before finding (if not missing) what they're looking for.

For that matter, that's exactly what the forums are for; to ask random questions about the game and get feedback. The difference is that the thread that they create remains dedicated (for the most part) to their topic instead of multiple topics.

That's my opinion on it. Thanks for posting the idea though. It's a good one to discuss.
    I feel that a question is a good reason to start a new thread. I'd rather people's random snippets all be in a thread I can sit and enjoy in one place though personally. Some of the random one post things or pictures I've seen have really made me laugh but I probably wouldn't have clicked on a thread dedicated to them. I think it makes the forum look way nicer than seeing one person has 12 threads started because they need a new one every time their sim sneezes ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    I though it might be a good idea to have a thread for those occasions when we want to comment on something game related or ask a question without having to start a new thread. Or those comments and questions that don't really fit into an existing thread. Also for new members who are unable to start a discussion.

It's a great idea in theory. But in practice, one person's question may get overlooked or someone needing info about a certain thing might have to scroll through page after page after page before finding (if not missing) what they're looking for.

For that matter, that's exactly what the forums are for; to ask random questions about the game and get feedback. The difference is that the thread that they create remains dedicated (for the most part) to their topic instead of multiple topics.

That's my opinion on it. Thanks for posting the idea though. It's a good one to discuss.

@PenguinFoop it's also proven to be a great idea in practice. What you're overlooking is the game expertise and helpfulness of your fellow forum simmers. Rarely does a question go unanswered

I'd also expect that after almost a year the moderators would have intervened if they thought the thread was inappropriate. 🙂
  • Options
    I like this thread because it gives me a place I can ask questions while trying to get enough points to post my own threads. The only problem I have with it is that I wish it was pinned to the top or otherwise made easy to find because it can be a real pain to try and locate it sometimes.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I always wonder with the whole "occult players vs realism players" thing, if anyone does actually consider themselves fully an "occult player"? Personally I enjoy occult gameplay so I'm very pro occult packs, but I wouldn't call myself an "occult player" as I only play occult sims/storylines on occasion
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    I really need to go through everything in BB. There's so much content in the game now. Things I've totally forgotten about and never use.

I am finding build/buy really intimating!

I didn't play for a handful of years and I started again back end of last year, so I have all the updates that have taken place over those years and have also bought a handful of packs. On the one hand its really nice seeing all those new icons, but I go into BB and think Good grief, where to start?

I've said this before but I would DIE if we got an option to exclude/hide specific items. There's so much stuff I would never use, especially in the clutter/misc catalogs. Same with CAS, so much clothing I would never use, and haven't used.

I wish so hard that they would just give us the option to "favorite" some items, and have them appear first in their category every time

Also, random question - when you have "laundry stuff" and/or you love laundry rooms, do you look for lots that have laundry rooms?
    Or do you add a laundry room to every lot; it doesn't matter if the lot comes with one or not?

I don’t add laundry to every household, but if there is not room for one ( as in some apartments ), and I want them to have it, I will add a stackable washer and dryer to the kitchen area, or in a smaller household in the bathroom. Sometimes I will take part of a bedroom area that it large and cut the bedroom down to make a laundry area.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Kriselda wrote: »
    I've just bought my first Vet clinic and have hired a 2nd vet to help me out, but all he does is sing jazz/be-bop tunes and stand around. How do I get him to actually see and treat patients? Also, how long is it supposed to take for the exam table to give me a diagnosis? Mine's been churning for about 5 min and still nothing - and I've got this poor red-nosed dog waiting for either me or my be-bopping assistant to take care of him :(

Welcome to the forums, Kriselda!

I'm interested in the answer to your questions, because I'm thinking about buying a Vet clinic, too.

I had to laugh about the "cool cat" you hired for your Clinic. It would be just my luck to find an equally unfocused assistant.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    My sims often stop whatever they're doing just to go look at a piece of furniture. I have to wait for them to finish and requeue their action list. Anyone else have this in their game? I think the solution is to not select any preferences in decorations. It happens often and it's irritating.

Oh yeah, I've had that problem for some time now, and it's why I do not choose any decor preferences. Too bad.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I like this thread because it gives me a place I can ask questions while trying to get enough points to post my own threads. The only problem I have with it is that I wish it was pinned to the top or otherwise made easy to find because it can be a real pain to try and locate it sometimes.

Do you have this thread bookmarked?
    I bookmarked it so it pops up in my notifs when someone posts.
  • Options

@Kriselda I just played a session with my vet sim. She has one employee who autonomously greets patients and starts the exam.

My sim examining a pet while her employee greets a pet owner.
    J9uOOPb.png

Employee leading the sick pet to the exam room.
    iB8DiEI.png

Employee examining and treating pet.
    PYpuywC.png

As for diagnosing illnesses it may depend on your vet's skill level. Mine is a level ten vet and it only takes a couple of minutes to diagnose.

Check out Carl's guide for additional tips.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/pets/sick-symptoms-cures.php
  • Options
    We need one master 'What Pack Should I Buy' thread. 😄
  • Options
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > @Kriselda I just played a session with my vet sim. She has one employee who autonomously greets patients and starts the exam.

Thanks! It's good to see that they can do work. I'll check Carl's :)
  • Options
    I wish there was a little more consistency in where to locate career related daily tasks. I have one sim in the business career and another in the education career. For the business career the daily task of researching stocks is located on the computer under Web, research stocks. For my educator it's located under career, write scholarly paper. I wish they were all located in the career menu on the computer.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@simgirl1010 I think that is a great idea! It would help people choose their next pack and would be a fun topic to read through and see everyone's advice for different packs.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    This might be a weird question, but is there any way - either through the game or via a mod - to use the Vampire game pack without, you know, having any vampires in the game as either PCs or NPCs? The stuff for CAS and Build Mode that come with the pack are GORGEOUS! But I ***loathe*** vampires in general. I know they're the point of the pack, but I really just want the stuff and the world.

No. But, without mods or cheat codes, you can delete them in 'manage households' as they appear.
    Any that are spawned will be in 'not in world'.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

@simgirl1010 I think that is a great idea! It would help people choose their next pack and would be a fun topic to read through and see everyone's advice for different packs.

It's not ideal, honestly. The advice is different for everyone based on how they play. E.G. Clubs and owned businesses are more useful/fun to play in rotation, whereas things like PH/Toddler Stuff are great for ISBIs.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It's not ideal, honestly. The advice is different for everyone based on how they play. E.G. Clubs and owned businesses are more useful/fun to play in rotation, whereas things like PH/Toddler Stuff are great for ISBIs.

@EmmaVane what is an ISBI?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022

ISBI stands for "I'm Surrounded by Id.iots" - It's a type of challenge where you only control the founder/heir sims and the rest of the household has to run on autonomy or be prompted to do things by the controlled sim.

Full rules are here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786454/lynnwoods-isbi-challenge-rules-for-ts4-2-25-new-university-update/p1

I'm too lazy to score things so generally just play like this occasionally as a challenge, or just raise kids this way but control anyone YA and older.
  • Options

ISBI stands for "I'm Surrounded by Id.iots" - It's a type of challenge where you only control the founder/heir sims and the rest of the household has to run on autonomy or be prompted to do things by the controlled sim.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786454/lynnwoods-isbi-challenge-rules-for-ts4-2-25-new-university-update/p1

That sounds like a fun challenge. I'm going to try it. Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    Can anyone recommend any fully stocked groceries that I could download for my Sims to shop at? Preferably including most of the harvestables and craftables like eggs and honey.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Daephene wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any fully stocked groceries that I could download for my Sims to shop at? Preferably including most of the harvestables and craftables like eggs and honey.

This one is awesome. It includes all harvestables except the ones from Island Living and Vampires, at perfect quality and also has all of the cottage living stuff, like animal treats, fertilizers, eggs, milk, cheese, etc and has also all the canning things (mayo, custard, etc.) and honey.

I updated it in my game with what produce was missing as well as all the wedding cakes and have put my update on the gallery under my gallery name of "Jaggid Edje", but my version requires CC. Specifically the Pantry shelf by [Somecreative].
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

This one is awesome. It includes all harvestables except the ones from Island Living and Vampires, at perfect quality and also has all of the cottage living stuff, like animal treats, fertilizers, eggs, milk, cheese, etc and has also all the canning things (mayo, custard, etc.) and honey.

I updated it in my game with what produce was missing as well as all the wedding cakes and have put my update on the gallery under my gallery name of "Jaggid Edje", but my version requires CC. Specifically the Pantry shelf by [Somecreative].

Thank you! I'll check it out!
    Next question - if I put a grocery store down in my world and my sims go there and buy stuff, will it work and will items be restocked if it is unowned? Or do I need to make it belong to someone?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Thank you! I'll check it out!
    Next question - if I put a grocery store down in my world and my sims go there and buy stuff, will it work and will items be restocked if it is unowned? Or do I need to make it belong to someone?

What I have found is that if no one owns the grocery store, it restocks on its own. But if a household owns it, it only gets restocked automatically if you stay on the lot with an active sim long enough for the employees to do it while you are there. Which is a freaking long time, because retail employees that aren't trained up through play are slow...

That said, if you put things you buy most often in the LICE retail freezers, they don't need restocking. Those allow unlimited, infinite purchases. But the contents of the LICE freezers do not download from the gallery, so you need to have a household buy the lot and then stock the freezers before they will have anything in your game.

What I did was have a household that I don't normally play buy it just long enough for me to stock the LICE Freezers, then I sold it so it was unowned again and set that household back to unplayed. If I ever need to make any changes or additions, i repeat that process just long enough to do what I need to do.
    On those rare occasions where the automatic restock doesn't happen quickly enough, I also repeat the process just to restock things manually.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top