Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extra To The Max Kit

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
The 'Extra To The Max' kit pack is coming out very suddenly and if I may say, judging purely from the page image I think that not only will it be a CAS, kit, it will have a lot of blue and yellow clothes, and be dedicated to the Russian-Ukraine conflict.

It's perfectly possible for gaming companies to do something charitable; Euro-Truck 2 is creating and releasing a Ukrainian skin pack for trucks and donating all proceeds to charities.

I swore never to buy a Kit Pack again, but this I would buy.

The link to the page - and I apologise for not posting sooner - is https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The 'Extra To The Max' kit pack is coming out very suddenly and if I may say, judging purely from the page image I think that not only will it be a CAS, kit, it will have a lot of blue and yellow clothes, and be dedicated to the Russian-Ukraine conflict.

It's perfectly possible for gaming companies to do something charitable; Euro-Truck 2 is creating and releasing a Ukrainian skin pack for trucks and donating all proceeds to charities.

Huh what page image? I don't think it would have anything to do with that. If they did do something charitable then they would probably do a base update that adds cas and build items relating Ukrainian or Slavic culture.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I think it's a buy build kit.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Where is this?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I apologise for not putting the link to the page sooner. It's in the first post now.

As I said, another gaming company is creating Ukrainian-based skins for their trucks in the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 right this moment and specifically dedicating proceeds to the charities involved. Ukraine isn't even in the game world of Euro Truck yet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Don't think it's going to be about the Ukraine conflict, they didn't know about the Ukraine conflict when they announced the pack as there was no Ukraine conflict back then. Also, it takes a lot of time to plan their art and designs, so don't think they will rework an entire kit into some sort of Ukraine statement.
    If we go by the dictionary definition, to the max means to take something to the greatest degree, so extra to the max would mean to take it even further than that. I imagine it's like a houseparty kit for teens with no parents who get to turn the music volume all the way up, so the neighbours call the police and they show up in highheels with a stereo on their shoulder because the neighbours accidentally called an exotic dancers entertainment group called "The Police". By the time the real police shows up, the pool is already filled with foam, sprinklers are on, there's a bear sleeping on the couch, Mr. Goth is making out with Bonehilda in the upstairs dresser and Mrs. Goth, Mrs. Pancakes and Mrs. Landgraabs are dancing sexily in their underwear on the dining room table.

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

The link to the page - and I apologise for not posting sooner - is https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4

Extra to the max doesn’t sound like something to do with conflict. Didn’t they plan the road map before events unfolded?

Extra to the max sounds like fitness to me, I’m hoping for an exercise bike! 🎉 Loved that item in Sims 2 and it’s never reappeared.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm picturing another CAS kit that has a lot of extreme, not for normal everyday clothing in it.
  • Options
    It's just that it absolutely came out of nowhere and the people in the image are wearing the Ukraine flag's colours.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    It's just that it absolutely came out of nowhere and the people in the image are wearing the Ukraine flag's colours.

I don't see that though it's just a purple background
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I think the sims in the background were made before the Ukraine conflict, so the color of their clothes doesn't really match up.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I guess I just know too many people with kids I have to buy barbie dolls for, because it just reminds me of Barbie. She is sometimes so Extra with Lots of Attitude when she's Dressed to the Max. I think it's just a pack of high fashion clothes, maybe accessories. Who wants to bet Batuu credits with me that we are getting something like this:
    But if it's like Alpha CC with stiletto heels and shiny jewelry I'm buying it :tongue: We shall see.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I guess I just know too many people with kids I have to buy barbie dolls for, because it just reminds me of Barbie. She is sometimes so Extra with Lots of Attitude when she's Dressed to the Max. I think it's just a pack of high fashion clothes, maybe accessories. Who wants to bet Batuu credits with me that we are getting something like this:
    But if it's like Alpha CC with stiletto heels and shiny jewelry I'm buying it :tongue: We shall see.

Half of the townies already dress like that in my game :D:D
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

sorry to say, but we've known about the "Extra to the Max" kit for weeks. We've known we're getting 2 kits this quarter, and the term "Extra to the Max" was part of the initial Road Map - which featured those two sims.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they did something to support Ukraine, but even with Kits being faster and easier to produce than Packs, I don't think they could get that sort of turn around. Between time to create the items (design, modeling, textures) and then marketing to create the source images and the ad copy, I'd be surprised if even a Kit took less than 4 weeks concept to release. (Packs, which granted include gameplay, take between six months to a year depending on the pack, and that was back when they were all in the office.)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    bixters wrote: »

@bixters
    Mine too! They just spawn already dressed To the Max. Could be an eyeball necklace coming in the kit to match the ring.

• Options
    edited March 2022

@bixters
    Mine too! They just spawn already dressed To the Max. Could be an eyeball necklace coming in the kit to match the ring.

Why stop at an eyeball necklace? Maybe the Kit is just eyeball themed clothes, accessories and furniture. It would feel very surreal :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2022
    as much as id like to think its something cool and out there and beyond the wildest dreams...
    I have my doubts

often when pack/kit sounds cool its actually kinda meh and I'll hold to that superstition until proven otherwise
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

😂, actually I could see this happening.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Why stop at an eyeball necklace? Maybe the Kit is just eyeball themed clothes, accessories and furniture. It would feel very surreal :D

Please don't hate me, but I actually think this would be awesome!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Starting from the fact that most of the latest kits and packs we had were similar to The Sims mobile's updates, I think Extra To The Max will be a build/buy pack with lot of kitsch interiors with crazy colors, design and prints.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it possible that they announce the new kit earlier than originally planned to distract from the My Wedding Stories Release Disaster. We'll see.

In the German description of the roadmap, it says that Extra to the Max will be a CAS kit. So if there's nothing lost in translation, it will not be furniture.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    deustrekdeustrek Posts: 6 New Member
    Based solely on the toobular title, Extra to the Max conjures images of an 80s CAS kit
  • Options
    CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    80's clothes or furniture ? If they can fix the MWS gameplay first before the annoucement
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Okay guys, hear me out on this
    Stardust Dragon
    StardustDragon-DG-EN-VG-NC.png

Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon
    Odd-Eyes_Raging_Dragon_render.png

Supreme King Z-ARC
    Supreme_King_Dragon_Zarc_136.png

What do these cards have in common, and what do they share with countless other dragons in Yugioh? They all reside in a player's Extra Deck. So Extra to the Max is a Yugioh collab. "Extra" refers to the Extra Deck, while Max refers to another dragon, Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon.

Blue-Eyes_Chaos_MAX_Dragon.png

Note that MAX Dragon is found in the Main Deck. So "Extra to the Max" is them saying "From the Extra Deck, to the Main Deck." They're including dragons from both decks.

In other words, dragons confirmed.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope you’re right !!
    deustrek wrote: »
    Based solely on the toobular title, Extra to the Max conjures images of an 80s CAS kit

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited March 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Don't think it's going to be about the Ukraine conflict, they didn't know about the Ukraine conflict when they announced the pack as there was no Ukraine conflict back then.

I mean, in the sense of an active conflict like there is now, no, there wasn't. But a lot of people have been pretty aware it was coming for years, and imminently about to happen for months. That doesn't mean that there is a tie-in in the pack, but it's not chronologically impossible, either.

ETA: ok, now that I've clicked on the link, I do think that's a bit of stretch. That being said, it would be nice if they did some sort of charitable event. Maybe for the next livestream, they could do a charity event like ESO does, and then match donations that people make during the stream, or give away a few kits to random viewers who donate.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top