Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Feb. 2022 Patches

Comments

• Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @figgy: Do you have all packs installed (esp. Luxury Party)? Empty bubbles are almost always due to missing packs. I'll check whether I can split the mod up into separate modules.
    It could also be changed text strings, though. They also changed the text strings for flower arranging for the pack.
    I'll check it later and will keep you posted.

@all: My wedding ring mods do all need updating. Remove them for now.

I just came from the doctor and need to rest now, but I'll post more updates asap.

It's due to the missing Luxury Party pack, I checked.

Whoops, sorry for the false positive. I have multiple packs disabled since before and didn't realize the banquet table came with Luxury Party, thought it was Vintage Glamour for some reason. That makes sense then.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    The grid is back; it could be a mod that I updated, or weirdly the FPS that I shut off from my game booster; HUD, completely unrelated, but to do that have to hit Ctrl Alt M, and that might have done something. I don't usually play with them on, as my computer is fast enough, but I do see a bit of a speed bump. Is anyone else getting virus notifications or suspicious popups blocked when downloading Sleep Naked? Bitdefender kept going off when I was trying to download it, I even dared to try to proceed, and Bitdefender warned me again not to, so I didn't bother; not worth the risk.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Candicelle wrote: »
    The grid is back; it could be a mod that I updated, or weirdly the FPS that I shut off from my game booster; HUD, completely unrelated, but to do that have to hit Ctrl Alt M, and that might have done something. I don't usually play with them on, as my computer is fast enough, but I do see a bit of a speed bump. Is anyone else getting virus notifications or suspicious popups blocked when downloading Sleep Naked? Bitdefender kept going off when I was trying to download it, I even dared to try to proceed, and Bitdefender warned me again not to, so I didn't bother; not worth the risk.

It's probably just being a bit oversensitive, to be honest.

@figgy just checking: did you test that without other mods installed and after deleting localthumbcache? Localthumbcache might be affecting your existing saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    @figgy just checking: did you test that without other mods installed and after deleting localthumbcache? Localthumbcache might be affecting your existing saves.[/quote]

I did delete all the cache files each time I loaded the game up. I’m on mac so there’s a bunch of folders with cache I delete and the localthumbcache as well. I even tried in a new folder just with Tray, Saves folders and the mod, plus user settings. I don’t much understand how the mod could be affecting only existing saves and not new ones except for the change in calendar UI and adding the Weddings category in the events.

simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    Emilyna89Emilyna89 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @figgy said:
    > I have an issue with KingZace's 15 clubs per sim mod again with the new pack installed. This time it is a bit tricky.
    >
    > For only my existing saves, the mod interferes with the calendars, making no event planning possible. I am attaching a picture. It's really weird, because for any new save I start, this issue doesn't happen. It's deffinitely the mod, though. I 50/50 for it and then tested around various saves and new saves with only this mod in my mod folder and clean cache. All my pre-existing saves were bugged, and all the new ones I created after installing MWS were fine.
    >
    > It seems to be an issue with the filtering, because I can filter out events, holidays, festivals one by one, but once I select weddings, it disappears again.
    >
    > I thought it was something with only my save at first, but now I saw more people mentioning it on Deaderpool's discord.
    >
    > @zaceitorius sorry to flag your mod down twice in such a short time. I can't play without my gazillion clubs, though :D

I have the same issue but I don't have the that mod. I already updated or removed all the mods mentioned in this thread, so I don't know what's causing it.
  • Options
    @figgy can you contact Zace on Tumblr? Let's see if he can replicate. I'll see if anyone in the mod support forums has seen this issue too
    @Emilyna89 Okay, that's interesting then! Have either of you checked AHQ for bug reports? Maybe it's not actually only mod related?

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Okay! Got more info now.

Broken Mods
    • Color Sliders (thepancake1 and MizoreYukii) - causes error in calendar with MWS
    • 15 Clubs Per Sim (King Zace) - causes error in calendar with MWS
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Broken Mods
    • Sims 4 Studio - CAS broken with My Wedding Stories

Does this mean if you dont have the pack, S4S is okay???
  • Options
    BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    My Casters Alley Shopkeepers are all gone. They aren't even wandering about like some people get. The shops are just closed The few sims that show up just gesture at the shop and then leave. Anyone else seen anything like it? I'm slowly removing mods now.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Thanks so much for the update @83bienchen , amazing and quick as always. I'll be downloading several of those myself.

Would love to see an optional add on for the wedding ring mod to use the new rings for those who have the pack, if you ever find the time. :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    Broken Mods
    • R|E (SimRealist)
    noooooo! i was in the middle of buying a house with this mod, now l have to take it out! :'(

Same here! I just gave up and renovated my sims' current house instead. The kitchen was on the opposite side of the house from the dining room which made routing for meals a nightmare.
  • Options
    zaceitoriuszaceitorius Posts: 48 Member
    figgy wrote: »
    I have an issue with KingZace's 15 clubs per sim mod again with the new pack installed. This time it is a bit tricky.

For only my existing saves, the mod interferes with the calendars, making no event planning possible. I am attaching a picture. It's really weird, because for any new save I start, this issue doesn't happen. It's deffinitely the mod, though. I 50/50 for it and then tested around various saves and new saves with only this mod in my mod folder and clean cache. All my pre-existing saves were bugged, and all the new ones I created after installing MWS were fine.

It seems to be an issue with the filtering, because I can filter out events, holidays, festivals one by one, but once I select weddings, it disappears again.

I thought it was something with only my save at first, but now I saw more people mentioning it on Deaderpool's discord.

@zaceitorius sorry to flag your mod down twice in such a short time. I can't play without my gazillion clubs, though :D
    UBuHsny.png

it took me a while to see that youre having this problem, i just downloaded MWS very late tonight. It will take me some time to test and try to fix the mod..... Id say look for an update on saturday, because i dont get a lot of time to mod on fridays.... hoping its an easy fix like all the other times ive updated it
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @luthienrising Reporting back: I was able to hold a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner at a non-wedding venue restaurant--with the help of mods. First of all, with weerbesu's Party Anywhere mod installed, every type of venue showed up as places I could hold the Dinner Party, even The Secret Lab in Strangerville! So, Party Anywhere works perfectly with the wedding events menu.

However, I learned that you need to make sure that the location you've selected has everything you need to complete the activities you want to include. For example, Giving Toasts needs the wedding ice bucket, and you'll probably need the special dance floor to complete the dance activity, and so on. Plan ahead!

Also, it was very difficult to get the sims to cooperate. I suggest using Carl's Wedding Stories Fixes and/or MissHissy's Wedding Events in Restaurants to help. Even with these fixes in place, I still had to find the right command options to initiate activities. Things had to be just so.

I had to tell one sim to ask another sim to give a toast. Just directing them to gather around the bucket didn't work for me. And clicking on a music speaker to command sims to gather for dancing didn't work. I had to use the special dance floor in combination with the stereo.
    y4mPlGhTAvTZ5wG679iWwlZezr0GWoTuoKDX7PbIM1M2EyZ2yRsHDdacrWnDF5VZ52DczkY1zHXTzdx_1YeDoT3aWQTZ1H94RZ62ODKJhbhAOUgCOHvzt1uG0S26leNpkfYSIVAxkQptu2NE-FKX1PuSGHw1TV6T2n40cqYql7XpYsdBnFexH9rnXo9X-3P7qlD?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Eating the food, once delivered by wait staff, automatically fulfilled the Celebration Feast. That was the easy part.
    y4mj8i1eOvl7OtmV2s3bNpDnpOk0gwJ5KfZ0dJaJ13k13krTjIqxHJtqldc0lP-EOmuDO4A-zKqGqLOX0yq2XyXtrVaD4aZtM4t9-vDf7Xfj4jYrBKHDZexVubnR4rLcr0cpVjRH6SnttXLWecqNIsmOKYWnV4qL7-Vdp7pXpx8jEfSH49GMNegCu0IQ5geR0cO?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Also, make sure you give sims plenty of room to dance if you want them to do special group dancing or the new slow dance moves. I had to go into build mode and move the dance floor outdoors to give them more room for those.
    y4mYPvLMTp2_KgBIZm-7CNfKUYPTNWGCh4a7Jy1cVeqVK3ubDgLV2cdWDxEMbFY1XQF_d11O1XZuDJQsEB9N5NVD5MSZaiHytMX2q8bqOfRIW0F9VAYpXll8ncHsw6Rmn5kC_RHLeosj7cKnjb54zdmVJqSgsUNNInMJmUwD86kxMYdu-W7j26a_VCeic9JxKRJ?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Anyway, the dinner was a success, but I kept it simple. BTW, for testing, I used a sims household I'd originally downloaded from the Gallery to do the Carnaval scenario. That's why their formalwear is a little unconventional. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Brexoxo That was the impression I had from the creators posting about it.
    @Bookwyrmme I have not. If you isolate that to a mod (use 50-50, deleting localthumbcache each time), I'd be happy to hear about it.
    @zaceitorius Drop a note to pancake and Miz! They just fixed their Color Sliders for the exact same issue
    Thanks, @lanlyn! That's incredibly helpful!
    Love you, @83bienchen !

Mod Updates

Mod Updates (and some new) from Bienchen:
    for now, at https://simfileshare.net/download/2993490/
    • autoweddingring
    • addsimstoensemblesduringevents
    • betterfoodquality
    • calloffweddingtweak
    • lessboredweddingreaction
    • lessspousalkissfailure
    • moreautodrinkvariety
    • moregrandmeals
    • partyaspirationfix
    • roleoutfitsdisabled_bychoice
    • sitatweddings
    • WeddingGPSocialstweak
    • whimoverhaul

• Options
    Mod Updates
  • Options
    Emilyna89Emilyna89 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Okay! Got more info now.
    >
    > Broken Mods* Color Sliders (thepancake1 and MizoreYukii) - causes error in calendar with MWS
    > * 15 Clubs Per Sim (King Zace) - causes error in calendar with MWS

Uh, thank you! I'm going to take that out then!
  • Options
    feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2022
    Post erase
    Post edited by feevee on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Mod/CC Updates
  • Options
    CC Updates
  • Options
    zaceitoriuszaceitorius Posts: 48 Member
    15 Clubs Per Sim Mod has been updated to work with MWS pack!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Thanks @zaceitorius !

Mod Updates
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    @figgy: Do you have all packs installed (esp. Luxury Party)? Empty bubbles are almost always due to missing packs. I'll check whether I can split the mod up into separate modules.
    It could also be changed text strings, though. They also changed the text strings for flower arranging for the pack.
    I'll check it later and will keep you posted.

Dear Bienchen, I still have issues with that mod, I have Luxury Party, but there is still a missing text string which disappers when I delete sims4me_betterfoodquality_banquet_LuxuryParty.
    lg04ot6d26bj.png
  • Options
    BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bookwyrmme wrote: »
    My Casters Alley Shopkeepers are all gone. They aren't even wandering about like some people get. The shops are just closed The few sims that show up just gesture at the shop and then leave. Anyone else seen anything like it? I'm slowly removing mods now.
    Ironically, it is the all magic realm vendors must be spellcasters mod by Zero. I’m currently checking to see if it’s the mod or the mod plus one of my million other mods. I don’t see an update, but I’ll try that too.
    Edit- it was the no random version that blocked the game from creating random townies for the role. The regular version seems to work just fine.

Post edited by Bookwyrmme on
  • Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    Good evening. I was wondering if anyone reported a mod causing issues with the new world loading. I can't travel there, I can't load it from the main screen, nothing. If I only have MCCC installed it seems to work ok. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they figured out which mod was causing it. I have done the 50/50 test and I can't seem to narrow it down.
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top