Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @catloverplayer they just stop dancing, kiss, then resume dancing.

eRQbrJH.png

cCVOewO.png

EA Creator Network
    Software Not Final
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    I think that they could have done more on trend gowns that were both simple and structured which would have been more versatile . sometimes less is more . Also they would stand the test of time better which would be something to think about since a new game (sims 5) may not come out anytime soon . I wish they added more wedding veils as well though because it’s like a major part of the bridal attire for brides. Simmer Erin did a great video on things they could have improved on attire wise …also she mention what if they added simple gowns with accessories to make the dress you own and now I can’t get that idea out of my head .. Imagine a simple fitted gown with a belt over it that makes the gown into a ball gown for the ceremony and then can be removed for the reception. Now imagine the same fitted gown but with a beaded sash and a hair with a long beaded veil . Two looks one dress.. could come in a plethora of colors too .
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @catloverplayer they just stop dancing, kiss, then resume dancing.

eRQbrJH.png

cCVOewO.png

EA Creator Network
    Software Not Final

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am now very very hyped for the pack!

For me I just needed to re-frame it. This is not a Wedding Pack to me. It is a wonderful wonderful Mediterranean world, that comes with a side-dish of weddings. There are some clothes that I quite enjoy, the tea is really good as well. So now I am happy and looking forward to the pack. Will still not buy it straight away, I wish to see how the game is impacted by the new additions before going online.

So many ideas. I still haven't played a fisherman who lives by the sea. There are several things that I can do with the content from Sulani and Tartosa. There could be different groups of meerpeople living in each area, that could be fun to play with. Tartosa looks wonderful at night, perhaps I could find a mod to make it dark outside all the time. A warm dark wonderful world dedicated to all the occult beings. Vlad can stay in his forest of fog.

I would like to see more Game Pack-worlds that are just as good as this. A smaller gameplay element and then a really really good map to go with it. That could perhaps be a way to give us some really different kinds of worlds since they often are tied to expansions and those are rare.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Would you mind taking a picture of the line dancing? I think that's another dance we're sims face each other.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Would you mind taking a picture of the line dancing? I think that's another dance we're sims face each other.

Sure.

Just wanted to reiterate that the version we're playing is not the final software. An extensive patch is planned for release.
  • Options

Sure.

Just wanted to reiterate that the version we're playing is not the final software. An extensive patch is planned for release.

Thank you.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @simgirl1010 I probably just missed it somewhere but can you purchase a ready made wedding cake in whole? Or do you have to bake it?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 I probably just missed it somewhere but can you purchase a ready made wedding cake in whole? Or do you have to bake it?

I think you can buy one online and it goes straight to your inventory
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    If there is going to be a big patch, I hope they add some extra things as well (wouldn't hold my breath). It would be nice to make bach parties actually feel like a bach party (maybe just sort of reuse firefighters or something with their dance) and not just another house party. I can sort of understand why veils aren't hats; but maybe give us more veil options with hairs at least. There are a few hairs with buns, so they make something like that.

The cakes are really pretty and a lot to choose from (just wished there were more black and purple or red for my goth and vampire sims).
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »

They showed in the live-stream that you could purchase the new cakes both online and from the new cake shop shell, but then she baked one because the sim getting married had good cooking skills.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am now very very hyped for the pack!

For me I just needed to re-frame it. This is not a Wedding Pack to me. It is a wonderful wonderful Mediterranean world, that comes with a side-dish of weddings. There are some clothes that I quite enjoy, the tea is really good as well. So now I am happy and looking forward to the pack. Will still not buy it straight away, I wish to see how the game is impacted by the new additions before going online.

So many ideas. I still haven't played a fisherman who lives by the sea. There are several things that I can do with the content from Sulani and Tartosa. There could be different groups of meerpeople living in each area, that could be fun to play with. Tartosa looks wonderful at night, perhaps I could find a mod to make it dark outside all the time. A warm dark wonderful world dedicated to all the occult beings. Vlad can stay in his forest of fog.

I would like to see more Game Pack-worlds that are just as good as this. A smaller gameplay element and then a really really good map to go with it. That could perhaps be a way to give us some really different kinds of worlds since they often are tied to expansions and those are rare.

This where I have landed too! Yesterday I saw a bunch of postings here and on Twitter about ceremonies not working and bugs and it made me hesitant but after watching some videos I think yes, there are bugs but I think the team will definitely fix them at release and some of what I saw was actually down to unfamiliarity with how this new system works. Plus when I factor in the new beautiful world, the ton of new cake choices, bouquets, CAS, Build/Buy and the ability to customize weddings once the glitches are ironed out, I can’t wait to buy this and try it out.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Sweet, that's the first I've seen anyone show us the debug objects, and they are part of BB imo. Thanks as always @simgirl1010.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    In a perfect world they would sell the new world separate from the buggy mess that the gameplay provide, then I would be very intereted in this pack
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    In a perfect world they would sell the new world separate from the buggy mess that the gameplay provide, then I would be very intereted in this pack

There’s going to be a pre-game patch to fix the bugs. I really think the pack will be fine by the release date.
  • Options

There’s going to be a pre-game patch to fix the bugs. I really think the pack will be fine by the release date.

So do I.
  • Options

So do I.

I agree <3
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have to say, I find it a little amusing that the Sims community needs to designate a "positive thoughts" echo chamber thread so as to serve the schism between those who want to critique and those that want to acclaim the pack
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I have to say, I find it a little amusing that the Sims community needs to designate a "positive thoughts" echo chamber thread so as to serve the schism between those who want to critique and those that want to acclaim the pack

Hey, here's your "negative thoughts" eco chamber thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997290/my-wedding-stories-negative-thread Feel free to use it :)
    he/him
  • Options

Feel free to comment on features, if any, you're looking forward to experiencing in My Wedding Stories or any questions about gameplay. :) There's also the My Wedding Stories Negative Thread, if that's more your speed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997290/my-wedding-stories-negative-thread/p1
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    caliposs wrote: »

Hey, here's your "negative thoughts" eco chamber thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997290/my-wedding-stories-negative-thread Feel free to use it :)

No thanks, @caliposs. I'm against echo chamber threads of any kind, even in the particular instance I happen to agree with what is being echoed. I think it's important as humans to resist that natural urge to gravitate towards those that only reiterate what we already think and believe. Unfortunately, with the state of the Sims community, they might be required :(
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

No thanks, @caliposs. I'm against echo chamber threads of any kind, even in the particular instance I happen to agree with what is being echoed. I think it's important as humans to resist that natural urge to gravitate towards those that only reiterate what we already think and believe. Unfortunately, with the state of the Sims community, they might be required :(

So are you are going to go into that thread and say the same thing? It would only be fair, as both threads are "echo chambers" are they not? Otherwise what was the point in saying it here?
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »

So are you are going to go into that thread and say the same thing? It would only be fair, as both threads are "echo chambers" are they not? Otherwise what was the point in saying it here?

I didn't know that other thread existed Sara

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top