Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Story Ideas?

I've been thinking on doing like a story with the Sims cause I want to play but my play just gets boring if I just do the same old same old. But I suck at coming up with "stories" to follow. Is there a list somewhere or anybody have anyones they have liked to do?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    How about a struggling Sim, down to their last dollar while trying to get established in an entry-level job, gets an inheritance that is conditional on their being married? They have to find a spouse ASAP using any means at their disposal and then once they have that inheritance, ditch.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    Rex has a good idea. You could also try looking at the challenges thread. Even if you don't actually do one, maybe reading through them will give you an idea. It usually helps me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    When i have no story Idea i look at a story based Challenge and follow them or twist it to my own liking.

Famous one is the not so berry Challenge

https://lilsimsie.tumblr.com/post/157671494755/not-so-berry-legacy-challenge

You could even pick one gen and just play with

You have the perfect life. White picket fence, loving spouse, beautiful children. But why do you still want more? You have a one time secret affair and will regret it for the rest of your life. Afterward you pour your soul into raising your children and fixing your marriage. You never admit the affair to anyone and dedicate your life to being the perfect mother.

Sounds interesting and every gen has a differente story and differente things that you will focus on, so you wont end up playing the same way.

Here is another link to more Challenges

https://sims-4-challenges.tumblr.com/post/176590126913/family-dynamics-challenge

Family Dynamics for an example

Being raised by a parent with an affinity for keeping close to home never quelled your sense of adventure and love for the outdoors when growing up. You love finding hidden treasures and collecting “useless” items, hoping to convince others of their value. Being made a single parent at a young age only helped to build the desire within you to remain free of the clutches of a “normal” job or relationship. And so, you devote your heart to running your own business and being the best parent that you can.

and even more...
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    edited November 2021
    Do you play rotationally? And do you have a lot of the sims 4 packs?

I have all kinds of different households like a musician that is trying to become famous in one household, a baseball player that is trying to become famous along with his media savvy girlfriend.for these households get famous is important.

I have a collector that is trying to collect everything, including each type of plant ( she has a big greenhouse ). Since many packs have new collections and I have all the packs, she keeps busy collecting, gardening, and such to pay for her sizeable house and bills.

I have another family that has plants snd farm animals, and the husband also fishes, and does handy work, ( wooden work table) while the wife also knits. Sometimes they will even collect shells snd beachcomb ( they did that before cottage living ), They also look through dumpsters. For this family cottage living snd Eco living are important.

In one of my larger 3 generation households I have a grandfather who is a doctor, his wife is a violinist, his son a computer programmer and his son’s wife stays at home and gardens,cooks, cleans and takes care of their child son and teenage daughter. The ~!grandmother ( violinist ) is also a …c.ialite.. and belongs to a club of them so they can do things like go to cafe’s, go out and eat together, meet at a cafe, or a health spa. Now they also have nails to maintain. The kids both belong to clubs and often invite friend of their group over. Get to work
    , and is the town hero.
    and get together are important to this family.

I have another family with a grandmother and granddaughter that lived in a trailer, but since her career in painting did well, she moved into being an art critic in the city ( city living is important for this one )

I have a military man in strangerville that works out. Has a girlfriend

I also have a lot more in my rotation this is just a sampling, if one starts boring me super on to smother