Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if Sims 5 was like this?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If realism equals more detail and not having clay blobs for hair and black lines as eyes lashes I'd gladly have this art style for Sims 5.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I don't believe TS5 needs to be a dramatic shift towards realism.

Your pics look awesome and your style is almost exactly how I mod my game. I don't want to feel like I'm playing in a movie with super uber realistic textures and skin details where I can see the facial pores, but I definitely want to move away from the fisher price dollhouse aesthetics of TS4. That was something that has taken me a very long time to get past.

And, I totally agree about the thick and chunky furniture, window frames, doors, the "smeary" blurred textures (like what is up with that grass!) Just because something is low poly doesn't mean it has to be exaggeratedly huge and oversized. With the exception of "round" objects (which none of the games had true roundness of their meshes, because anything that is round is higher in polygons) a more stylish, less chunky and clunky mesh has the exact same amount of polygons as it's counterpart.

I also hope that when they are creating meshes for TS5 they actually have RL appropriate size and scale of the objects. I've never ever understood the reasoning behind these ginormous end tables and coffee tables. For example, if I am creating a living room set, I always drag in a sofa into blender so I can match up the height/size of my end tables, coffee tables, and lamps to that sofa just so that they match the size compared to the sofa in a realistic manner.

And, I for sure, 1000% need real eyelashes and eyebrows! I'm so over this "Sharpie drawn on" look of TS4!

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Maybe EA/Maxis could do the SFM style. I've seen lots of SFM animations on Youtube and they look really good. I would'nt mind if Sims 5 was done SFM-style.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    One thing that has bothered me ever since I started using reshade is how the sims4's graphics are not very sharp.

I have only increased sharpness a little bit in this screenshot with Reshade and it looks so much better in my opinion when I am playing. I hope that the graphics in the sims5 will be sharper.

qwyNq8R.png

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2021
    Although I’m someone who uses an insane amount of realistic CC skin details (and mods…😇) I actually like the basic look of The Sims 4 sims.
    I appreciate that the game was never designed to look or be realistic and it never should be. Personally I’d prefer a CAS tool that is on par with the Create a Pet Tool: Give us the ability to build semi realistic sims, but only if the player wants that.

Also, the Sims aesthetics can never be looked at without taking all the other elements into consideration. As has been mentioned in this thread, Sims have always acted silly and comical and they continuously find themselves in the most ludicrous situations. Funny characters, Silly Woohoos and crazy Deaths play a big part in the Sims series, therefore anything too realistic is just not going to work.
    The Sims shouldn’t even be compared with Paralives in that regard because there’s nothing remotely funny about Paralives.

I believe that many folks who seem to want a Sims 5 or a Paralives as soon as yesterday, in reality just hope for a different life simulator altogether: some kind of marriage between Second Life and Paralives, rather than a different Sims title.

I feel that it is high time for a realistic life simulator to hit the market so that the sims can at least focus on being the sims again.